Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 NFC East - Free Agent Signings

cowboyuptx

Guest santana4prez
Who let the Giants fan and Cowboys fan get on here. I hope the Giants have fun with knees next year. And how come we havent had a Lavar jersey burning pile yet. That dude betrayed us and our city, and then to go to the f'ing giants.

I agree LA is a piece of **** who screwed over are team. I think you will like this thread I know I did.

EXTREMESKINS.com - Lavar Arrington on Stephen A. Smith

Only reason I put him at #2 is because of how the Giants will use him. I still think he will make mistakes like in DC but I cant put him low on this list just because he is a ********.

Who let the Giants fan and Cowboys fan get on here. I hope the Giants have fun with knees next year. And how come we havent had a Lavar jersey burning pile yet. That dude betrayed us and our city, and then to go to the f'ing giants.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck and ravens suck

Amen to that. I think we should do what Philly did to the TO jersey. Lets get a dummy, place him in a coffin and pass him around the stadium parking lot then burn all our LaVar jersey's when the G'ain'ts come to town.

As for the list, please tell me when a kicker had so much of a significant impact on his team that he took them SINGLE Handedly to the next level. Give me a freakin break man. The kicker should go LAST on that list. Besides if the GIRLS think that having a kicker is going to get them more than 1 game this year they are in some serious trouble. I thought TO was going to light up the scoreboards so what's the need for a kicker when the game's aren't even going to be close????

Revised list coming up with the kicker dead last if he even makes the squad.

1. Terrell Owens/Dal - he is a playmaker but can Parcells keep his ego in check???

2. Lavar Arrington/NYG - How will he like playin for Coughlin? For how much longer are we going to hear him cry? Esp after the skins win.

3. Andre Carter/WAS - needed a pass rushing end, got one.

4. Darren Howard/Phi - Beast from FSU

5. Sam Madison/NYG - excellent corner

6. Jabar Gaffney/Phi - not convinced on this one, but finally gives them a decent #2 receiver

7. Antwaan Randle El/Was - needed more depth at WR and KR.

8. Adam Archuleta/Was - Not sure what the need was here with Ryan Clark playing well, but the coaching staff knows best

9. Jason Fabini/Dal - Puke.

10. Brandon Lloyd /WAS - excellent 3rd option to compete with Patten for 2nd. Although it's going to look like this. 1)moss 2)patten 3) lloyd/El

Honorable Mentions:

The stupid kicker. He's a great kicker and no one is denying that but to put him first on a list in the same company as THESE guys is insane. I expect that much from a cowpuke

Guest santana4prez
As for the list, please tell me when a kicker had so much of a significant impact on his team that he took them SINGLE Handedly to the next level. Give me a freakin break man. The kicker should go LAST on that list. Besides if the GIRLS think that having a kicker is going to get them more than 1 game this year they are in some serious trouble. I thought TO was going to light up the scoreboards so what's the need for a kicker when the game's aren't even going to be close????

Only reason I have Vanderjagt on the list was because the Cowboys lost 3 games due to missed chip shot FGs. I dont think kickers are big additions but in this case he was. Cmon im a Skins fan but the need for a kicker was huge for the Cowboys last season and they just got one of the best in the game.

Guest santana4prez

10. Brandon Lloyd /WAS - excellent 3rd option to compete with Patten for 2nd. Although it's going to look like this. 1)moss 2)patten 3) lloyd/El

You think Patten is going to be our #2 WR? Wake up buddy Patten is 4th on the depth chart.

santana4prez's Top 10 NFC East Free agent Signings

1. Terrell Owens/Dal - Still a top WR and will put up the same great numbers.

2. Lavar Arrington/NYG - If the Giants fit there system around LA he can make plays.

3. Mike Vanderjagt/Dal - Gives the Cowboys one of the best kickers in the NFL.

4. Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El/Was (tie) - Gives the Skins the WR depth they needed last season.

5. Adam Archuleta/Was - Will surprise alot of people in 2006-07. Gregg Williams wanted Arch and I cant wait to see how he uses him.

6. Darren Howard/Phi - If he can stay healthy Howard gives the Eagles a double DE threat with Jevon Kearse.

7. Sam Madison/NYG - I think Madison has been overrated for a while but people said the same thing about Shawn Springs. Age in ways has made Madison better. Nice vet pickup.

8. Jabar Gaffney/Phi - Gives Philly there best #2 WR they have had in a while. A nice fit with Reggie Brown.

9. Andre Carter/Was - The Redskins have needed a pass rush for years from the DE spot. If Carter can comeback to his old form he can move up this list and really help out the Skins.

10. Jason Fabini/Dal - A solid pickup who will help out the offensive line.

This was a pretty good list. I don't think Arrington should be this high, I think the skins fans rate him better than he is, but other than that, this list is pretty good.

Guest santana4prez
This was a pretty good list. I don't think Arrington should be this high, I think the skins fans rate him better than he is, but other than that, this list is pretty good.

Thanks for feedback. The funny thing is I dont even like Lavar Arrington and I think he is overrated. The reason I put him at #2 was because of the way I think the Giants will use him this season. Lavar will put up numbers but he isnt a great LB.

Vanderjact should definately be on the list. I don't even have a problem putting him at #1. How quickly we forget how badly a bad kicker can hurt a team.

However, I wouldn't put TO that high. He's a great player, but the guy he's replacing wasn't too bad either. I think TO could improve that spot by 400 yards and 4 TDs. That's about the same improvement we're expecting each from Lloyd over Patten and ARE over Thrash.

To be honest, I'd put Arrington at #2, and the WRs somewhere in the middle.

And I'd put Carter up there over Archeletta.

As for the list, please tell me when a kicker had so much of a significant impact on his team that he took them SINGLE Handedly to the next level. Give me a freakin break man. The kicker should go LAST on that list.

[/b]

Anyone who thinks kickers don't play a significant impact on thier team needs to have their head examined. Without a solid kicker, the patriots could have won only 1 superbowl. Not saying they would've, but defintely could've.

With the state of the NFL nowadays, kickers play a HUGE roll. More and more games are coming down to the wire.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Guest santana4prez
I fixed that for you.

Please explain why you fixed his post. I dont understand why you edited it.

"This was a pretty good list. I don't think Arrington should be this high, I think and handful of his apologists rate him better than he is..."

I think and handful? If you edited it because you think I like LA your wrong. I think he is a *****. I ranked him #2 because of how I think the Giants will use him.

This list is based (50/50) on 2 things.........

#1 - How good the player is (IMHO), in comparison to his peers, who play the same position. (For Example: IMO is this WR, top 10 in the NFL, top 20, top 50, ect. ect.)

#2 - How well the player fits the teams needs.

Here's the list.......

1. Mike Vanderjact - K (DAL)

2. Terrell Owens - WR (DAL)

3. Brandon Lloyd - WR (WAS)

4. Sam Madison - CB (NYG)

5. Akin Ayodele - LB (DAL)

6. Lavar Arrington - LB (NYG)

7. Jason Fabini - OT (DAL)

8. Darren Howard - DE (PHI)

9. Antwaan Randle El - WR (WAS)

10. Adam Archuletta - SS (WAS)

9804032337.gif

Oh here we go again...Shocker that Ayodele is ahead of Carter and Howard. Shocker that three of the top 5 are Cowboys.

Here's some word coming out of the Jags camp: They were only too happy to Ayodele walk. Same with Fabini and the Jets.

:dallasuck

"This was a pretty good list. I don't think Arrington should be this high, I think and handful of his apologists rate him better than he is..."

I think and handful?

LaVar of several years ago? A possible big-time improvement before injuries, before weight-gain and before his poor, poor ego got trounced by Coach Gibbs' return.

LaVar of 2004-2006? A stopgap until the Gints draft another LB to replace him.

I wasn't speaking of any one person in particular, in this thread or otherwise. I saw his post and responded to it, no more, no less.

Anyone who thinks kickers don't play a significant impact on thier team needs to have their head examined. Without a solid kicker, the patriots could have won only 1 superbowl. Not saying they would've, but defintely could've.

With the state of the NFL nowadays, kickers play a HUGE roll. More and more games are coming down to the wire.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah until it comes time for a clutch kick - then *hack, cough, ack, choke*

Guest santana4prez
LaVar of several years ago? A possible big-time improvement before injuries, before weight-gain and before his poor, poor ego got trounced by Coach Gibbs' return.

LaVar of 2004-2006? A stopgap until the Gints draft another LB to replace him.

I wasn't speaking of any one person in particular, in this thread or otherwise. I saw his post and responded to it, no more, no less.

I agree with you Lavar was a piece of **** though 2004-2006 and im glad he is gone. I also agree that Lavar Arrington is a ***** for talking the smack he did about the Skins/Gibbs. I dont understand how you say he will be a stopgap though. He isnt great but if the Giants build there system around LA he can be a good player. I wouldnt rank him high on a list of top 10 LBs in the NFL but it is hard not to rank him high on the NFC East signing list. Trust me I still think LA is a dick though and I think the Skins can take advantage of his flaws.

santana4prez's Top 10 NFC East Free agent Signings

1. Terrell Owens/Dal - Still a top WR and will put up the same great numbers.

2. Lavar Arrington/NYG - If the Giants fit there system around LA he can make plays.

3. Mike Vanderjagt/Dal - Gives the Cowboys one of the best kickers in the NFL.

4. Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El/Was (tie) - Gives the Skins the WR depth they needed last season.

5. Adam Archuleta/Was - Will surprise alot of people in 2006-07. Gregg Williams wanted Arch and I cant wait to see how he uses him.

6. Darren Howard/Phi - If he can stay healthy Howard gives the Eagles a double DE threat with Jevon Kearse.

7. Sam Madison/NYG - I think Madison has been overrated for a while but people said the same thing about Shawn Springs. Age in ways has made Madison better. Nice vet pickup.

8. Jabar Gaffney/Phi - Gives Philly there best #2 WR they have had in a while. A nice fit with Reggie Brown.

9. Andre Carter/Was - The Redskins have needed a pass rush for years from the DE spot. If Carter can comeback to his old form he can move up this list and really help out the Skins.

10. Jason Fabini/Dal - A solid pickup who will help out the offensive line.

Can't complain about this list, pretty fair and unbiased with good thought behind each person.

Guest santana4prez
Can't complain about this list, pretty fair and unbiased with good thought behind each person.

:notworthy Hail to your feedback and the Redskins!!!:notworthy I strive to be the type of poster you talk about with every post, fair and unbiased. Thanks for the great compliment.:helmet:

This list is based (50/50) on 2 things.........

#1 - How good the player is (IMHO), in comparison to his peers, who play the same position. (For Example: IMO is this WR, top 10 in the NFL, top 20, top 50, ect. ect.)

#2 - How well the player fits the teams needs.

Here's the list.......

1. Mike Vanderjact - K (DAL)

2. Terrell Owens - WR (DAL)

3. Brandon Lloyd - WR (WAS)

4. Sam Madison - CB (NYG)

5. Akin Ayodele - LB (DAL)

6. Lavar Arrington - LB (NYG)

7. Jason Fabini - OT (DAL)

8. Darren Howard - DE (PHI)

9. Antwaan Randle El - WR (WAS)

10. Adam Archuletta - SS (WAS)

9804032337.gif

Interesting how you guys for years have bellowed the mantra of how the Skins signed old over-the-hill players and somehow didn't include the ages of these guys on here.

1. Mike Vanderjact - K (DAL) 36

2. Terrell Owens - WR (DAL) 33

3. Brandon Lloyd - WR (WAS) 25

4. Sam Madison - CB (NYG) 32

5. Akin Ayodele - LB (DAL) 27

6. Lavar Arrington - LB (NYG) 28

7. Jason Fabini - OT (DAL) 32

8. Darren Howard - DE (PHI) 30

9. Antwaan Randle El - WR (WAS) 27

10. Adam Archuletta - SS (WAS) 29

*ages at the end of the season

1. Brandon Lloyd (WAS) 25

2. Antwaan Randle El (WAS) 27

3. Akin Ayodele 27 (DAL)

4. Lavar Arrington 28 (NYG)

5. Adam Archuleta 29 (WAS)

6. Darren Howard 30 (PHI)

7. Sam Madison 32 (NYG)

8. Jason Fabini 32 (DAL)

9. Terrell Owens 33 (DAL)

10. Mike Vanderjagt 36 (DAL)

See a pattern here? Add Marcus Coleman, 32, to the list of geezers as well.

a kicker is important but all of you who think that he belongs in a list of top free agent signings need to have YOUR head examined. Are you telling me the Colts are going to win the freakin superbowl because they signed Vinateri? Give me a break!

As for the personal attacks - eat it cowpuke fan, my opinion is perfectly valid.

I think and handful? If you edited it because you think I like LA your wrong. I think he is a *****. I ranked him #2 because of how I think the Giants will use him.

He meant because I said "Redskins fans", but LA isn't a skin anymore, so "apologists" make more sense.

He was right. I'm cool with it

Yeah until it comes time for a clutch kick - then *hack, cough, ack, choke*

Most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL.

Chew on that for a while. If you guys had picked him up, you'd be dancing in the street and you know it.

Oh here we go again...Shocker that Ayodele is ahead of Carter and Howard. Shocker that three of the top 5 are Cowboys.

Instead of insulting people, why don't you formulate your own list? We'll be happy to tell you where you're wrong when you do. Unless you'd just like to sit back and complain.

Interesting how you guys for years have bellowed the mantra of how the Skins signed old over-the-hill players and somehow didn't include the ages of these guys on here.

Thats not fair at all. People made fun of you guys for signing people like Dieon, and Bruce Smith. Those players were so clearly on the decline it wasn't even funny. You can't compare TO to those guys. No way. Its not the same.

And as far as Vandy goes, I could care less how old a kicker is.

a kicker is important but all of you who think that he belongs in a list of top free agent signings need to have YOUR head examined. Are you telling me the Colts are going to win the freakin superbowl because they signed Vinateri? Give me a break!

As for the personal attacks - eat it cowpuke fan, my opinion is perfectly valid.

Who said the Colts are going to win the superbowl because they signed Vinny? You're trying to change my argument because you know your wrong.

You are underrating the importance of a kicker. Wait a second..........your not really Bill Parcells are you??????? :D

Guest santana4prez
He meant because I said "Redskins fans", but LA isn't a skin anymore, so "apologists" make more sense.

He was right. I'm cool with it

I got it after he responded. I thought he thought that I still liked LA and thats why I had him at #2. I think Lavar Arrington is a **** and freelances to much that said if the Giants work towards his strengths he can become a good player. Thanks for the feedback and I cant wait to see your top 10.

Archived