Will you shop till you drop?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will you shop till you drop?

• NO! It will ruin the message...
    • NO, i don't have the cash..
    • I'll grab a few things...
    • I'm taking out a loan right now...

Hey, everyone.

I am looking for a new cell phone provider and just wanted some input from some fellow Reskins fans about who you use and whether you like the service or not. I keep getting conflicting reports about a few providers from friends, so I'm trying to broaden my referral scope.

Currently, I have Nextel, and I would have gotten another provider a long time ago (I constantly have dropped calls and service outages) if it wasn't for my buddy who got me a sweet deal since he works for them. However, he just quit and there is no way I'm paying Nextel full price for the service I have been getting.

Thanks for any input you can give me.:helmet:

i have us cellular. i graduated from cingular, who i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. not sure if us cellular is in your area, it's not one of the huge companies. but i have never dropped a call, i can make calls even when i'm down by the river, which no other compnay's service can provide.

i hear rave reviews of verizon as well.

It all depends on where you use the phone. The major network providers have dramatically varying coverage.

I had Sprint a few years ago and it was worthless once you were more than a few miles from and Interstate or highly populated areas.

My experience with Cingular is different to Major ... I've had Cingular for four years without dropped calls or problems, but again, network coverage varies widely and the most useful references will be from people who live in your area.

I have Verizon, never drop a call, always have service even in most apartment buildings. It also depends on the quality phone you have as well though. I had a cheap Verizon phone, and it sucked, I got a slightly better one, and it was awesome. The one I have now puts both of them to shame.

It all depends on where you use the phone. The major network providers have dramatically varying coverage.

I had Sprint a few years ago and it was worthless once you were more than a few miles from and Interstate or highly populated areas.

My experience with Cingular is different to Major ... I've had Cingular for four years without dropped calls or problems, but again, network coverage varies widely and the most useful references will be from people who live in your area.

Agreed. Probably best to get feedback from folks who live near you.

My wife and I have had Cingular for several years now and I do not have one complaint. I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I have had. I had Verizon before that....and it was just horrible.

Agreed. Probably best to get feedback from folks who live near you.

My wife and I have had Cingular for several years now and I do not have one complaint. I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I have had. I had Verizon before that....and it was just horrible.

man, i tell you what....i had cingular, and i :pooh: you not, i dropped at LEAST 40% of my calls. i couldn't make a call inside my own house. and i live 3 miles from a cingular tower. glad your experience is different.

Go verizon. They have the Best coverage, and the most customers, thus with the "in" program you are more likely to call someone with a verizon cell phone and not get charged for it.

one thing about Cingular and their claim of "lowest number of dropped calls", its the lowest number, not the lowest percentage of dropped calls... If I started up a cell company and I only had 3 customers, I guarantee I would have "the lowest number of dropped calls"... just something to think about

one thing about Cingular and their claim of "lowest number of dropped calls", its the lowest number, not the lowest percentage of dropped calls... If I started up a cell company and I only had 3 customers, I guarantee I would have "the lowest number of dropped calls"... just something to think about

Cingular is actually the nations largest wireless carrier.

i have cingular...i really like it, especially the rollover minutes. I also like their selection of phones. I rarely drop a call, and i like the fact that you can send pictures to phones from other companies...EXCEPT to sprint...i would never get sprint.

Also, I've had several friends with Cingular and, while they have not had any problems with the phones or the call, the customer service has been horrible.

i disagree... whenever I've had issues with my phone, the customer service has been excellent.

I have Verizon, never drop a call, always have service even in most apartment buildings. It also depends on the quality phone you have as well though. I had a cheap Verizon phone, and it sucked, I got a slightly better one, and it was awesome. The one I have now puts both of them to shame.

I back this statement 100% :applause:

man, i tell you what....i had cingular, and i :pooh: you not, i dropped at LEAST 40% of my calls. i couldn't make a call inside my own house. and i live 3 miles from a cingular tower. glad your experience is different.

You live in freaking Charlestown, stop complaining about your cell service and get back to the slot machines!!

Also, I've had several friends with Cingular and, while they have not had any problems with the phones or the call, the customer service has been horrible.

i can 2nd that, at least the service part.

after dropping call after call after call, they finally say "yeah, we've been having problems w/ that model phone. call this number, and they'll send you a new one."

they send me the same effing phone. then the new one just goes kaput, so they send me a new one (same phone :mad: ), but now i'm sans a phone for 3 days.

i tried very hard to convince them that if their network is so great, and it's the phone that's the problem, they should upgrade my phone, or replace it with one that works. apparently, it's against company policy, and they want me to pay all kinds of money to get a new phone, despite selling me a POS that doesn't work.

i go through this THREE TIMES. by the time my 1 year contract was up, i'm done. so i call and tell them that. their response?

"how can we rectify this? how about if we send you a free upgraded phone?" :doh:

You live in freaking Charlestown, stop complaining about your cell service and get back to the slot machines!!

apparently, your school bus was stuck in a trafffic jam in manassas and you never got to school to learn how to read. (maybe that's why you couldn't hang at friggin' shepherd college ;) )

I LIVE 3 MILES FROM A CINGULAR TOWER

Archived