Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any ticketholders been approached w/ upgrade

Lavar5150

I just called- he said they are not working with people over the phone this year- they will call YOU. I said I have always called and worked with someone on my relo, and they said the policy changed- they will not field calls for relo- period.

Lisa

See............I told you that things were a changin' :laugh:

Like I said previously...renewals are at an all time high and IF you are relocated there will be very strict parameters that they will follow in regards to said upgrade. Tailgate and TD Club members get first crack at lower bowl upgrades and even then it will be limited to a 1 section move.

See............I told you that things were a changin' :laugh:

Like I said previously...renewals are at an all time high and IF you are relocated there will be very strict parameters that they will follow in regards to said upgrade. Tailgate and TD Club members get first crack at lower bowl upgrades and even then it will be limited to a 1 section move.

Hey Gallntfox,

A little off thread topic, but you seem to be somewhat in the know. You have said renewals are at an all time high and they are looking at limited upgrades. What info do you have for those of us who put our $100 deposit down during the season last year to become new season ticket holders? I was told I would be contacted sometime after May 1st with either the option to purchase season tickets or a return of my deposit it they could not offer me tickets at this time. I would assume that process is being postponed while they extend the time they go through their process of upgrading and renewing.

Thanks

Hey Gallntfox,

A little off thread topic, but you seem to be somewhat in the know. You have said renewals are at an all time high and they are looking at limited upgrades. What info do you have for those of us who put our $100 deposit down during the season last year to become new season ticket holders?

:whoknows:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't know why but this exchange struck me as hilarious!

Called today. I was told that they will be looking to move people closer to the field and closer to the 50, but they'll call us if they do. They are working on these now but not in response to phone calls. Basically don't call us, we'll call you. Hopefully they're consistent with that this year.

I posted this in it's own thread but then realized it could just as easily go here and since this thread was still active, might as well take advantage--thanks in advance for any advice:

For all you season tix holders out there wondering, I got a call on a ticket upgrade offer this morning (I know there was a post earlier asking about when these were likely to start being made, so I thought I'd update)

In connection with that, I have a question for other skins fans because I have a dilemma. I sit in 441 (Upper Deck Endzone, right in the middle of the endzone) which I kind of like. Anyway, last season I was way up at row 23, now they have moved me down at least to row 20. However, they also offered to sell me my seats in row 12.

It's an extra $660 for the season (I have three seats, $220 per seat, or $22 per ticket per game). Do you guys think this is worth it? It's a significant increase over the approx $50 a ticket i am paying for row 20 (so from about $50 to about $72). However, I do get a signifcantly lower row, and maybe improved hopes of getting even a little lower as time goes on, and I stay in 441, which, if I'm going to be in the endzone anyway, makes me happy, because it's right in the middle which is pretty cool, especially when the action is on that half of the field.

Anyway, any advice/thoughts on what you guys and gals out there would do in the same situation would be greatly appreciated, and good luck to all in getting great seat upgrades.

Aaron

asacks,

Are they offering to move you to a different section or just lower in the same section?

(If it's lower in the same section I'd keep the seatd I had over paying $660 more.)

It's lower in the same section, row 20 vs. row 12, middle of the endzone (441). Thanks for the advice Roc. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Frankly,

I am very glad I got my upgrade last year and moved to 403.....however, it does suck that me and jwebst1 and others has to pay the same price that others pay for row 1 (on the 50????- lucky b*******) when people 3 rows higher pays about $10+ less per ticket.

But at least for now, unless they throw me a really sweet deal, I'll be staying pat.

I am feeling very vulnerable right now, I need a hug. I don't think the Redskins have a valid phone number for me. LONG LONG AGO, when I signed up on the waiting list, that was like 20 moves ago. When I got my season tickets, everything was done via email -- no phone contact except this year when I called them to pay my invoice. What if they don't have my valid, current phone number and I miss out on an upgrade??? :(

I am feeling very vulnerable right now, I need a hug. I don't think the Redskins have a valid phone number for me. LONG LONG AGO, when I signed up on the waiting list, that was like 20 moves ago. When I got my season tickets, everything was done via email -- no phone contact except this year when I called them to pay my invoice. What if they don't have my valid, current phone number and I miss out on an upgrade??? :(

Why don't you just call them and update your info? Also in previous years they have required you to have letter on file requesting an upgrade. Plus if you want parking and don't have it, there is a wait list to get on for that also.

Call the ticket office and update 'em. 301-276-6050

Why don't you just call them and update your info? Also in previous years they have required you to have letter on file requesting an upgrade. Plus if you want parking and don't have it, there is a wait list to get on for that also.

On hold right now, listening to great highlights. I did fax the letter requesting upgrade and parking right after the playoffs. Lets see what happens.

I'm gonna brokeback you guys. Thanks.

HTTR

OK - "David" just updated my phone number - phew. He also said that they will call only if there is an upgrade WITH a price difference. If you get better seats, but in the same price level, they will not call. When I asked if we could just do my upgrade right now, he said "Um .... no" HAHAHA. Nice try.

HTTR

If you get better seats, but in the same price level, they will not call.

Well that kind of sucks. I know where I sit if you go about 3 rows down and end up on the end of a row you get your view blocked by all the people coming up out of the tunnel. They are the same price and I'd rather keep my seats than have those.

So, being that I'm in row 13 upperdeck I have to hope that they raise prices below me to EVER move down? Nice.

I think what he is saying is they will upgrade you without notice if the seats cost the same, but if there is a price jump for an upgrade your notified. So we could still move lower, but I guess wouldn't know about it until we get our tickets. At least thats what I think he's saying. :whoknows:

Well that kind of sucks. I know where I sit if you go about 3 rows down and end up on the end of a row you get your view blocked by all the people coming up out of the tunnel. They are the same price and I'd rather keep my seats than have those.

Bob,

My thoughts exactly..... I sit in the middle of my section for that reason.

Bob,

My thoughts exactly..... I sit in the middle of my section for that reason.

I think you should be consulted on any movement of your seat. Maybe I can get this in as a question on Redskins Radio.

Amen. You have to be careful about where your seats are in relation to the aisle. It never ceases to amaze me how many people move around while the ball is in play and block the view of those around them. When selecting your seats, be careful of the line of sight between you and the action on the field.

:2cents:

Has anyone switched from the "obstructed" 200 section back up to the upper deck?

Mine are not terrible, not behind a column and close to the bottom of the "new" seats. That said, I would certainly entertain the thought of moving to lowest rows in the upper deck if it were an option.

I thought the Skins promised to move you guys down and out of the cave within 3 years. I would hang on if that is still true. Although my idea of the perfect seats would be the back row of the "old" 200 sections seats on the visitor side and the back of the 200 on the home side.

High enough to see the action but low enough to be near the action and engulfed by the sounds of FedEx. I guess I'll have to dream on unless the Skins ever move us upper deckers into the lower deck.

Just specify in your upgrade request letter that you be consulted before being moved.

Archived