Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any ticketholders been approached w/ upgrade

Lavar5150

Any thoughts/advice? I've had 3 seats in 113 since we moved over from RFK. My whole family (4) likes to go to the games and my youngest is getting a little big to cram in on a "lap pass." Well, I've had a written request in the ticket office for a couple of years now for an additional seat -- making it clear that I would be willing to take worse seats to get a fourth.

As might be expected, the ticket reps say it will be a long shot. Does anyone know if I, gulp, buy Tailgate club passes that they'll answer my request?

Any thoughts/advice? I've had 3 seats in 113 since we moved over from RFK. My whole family (4) likes to go to the games and my youngest is getting a little big to cram in on a "lap pass." Well, I've had a written request in the ticket office for a couple of years now for an additional seat -- making it clear that I would be willing to take worse seats to get a fourth.

As might be expected, the ticket reps say it will be a long shot. Does anyone know if I, gulp, buy Tailgate club passes that they'll answer my request?

You want to buy the tailgate club for the seats you have now? Or just the extra you want to get?

Thanks. I talked to the ticket office. I didn't realize the tailgate passes earned you the right to buy a seat (aimed at those on the list) and are forever tied to that seat. So, even after you pay $2K (initiation and yearly fees) you have to pay the yearly fee every year to keep that seat. Big bucks.

Thanks. I talked to the ticket office. I didn't realize the tailgate passes earned you the right to buy a seat (aimed at those on the list) and are forever tied to that seat. So, even after you pay $2K (initiation and yearly fees) you have to pay the yearly fee every year to keep that seat. Big bucks.

Yep, thats why you could probably get what you want.

anyone else realize that all of these upgrade offers seem to be row 29 to row 14 or row 22 to row 13... reading between the lines here, but that's one price range to another...

I might call to see if I can downgrade my tickets... if I could sit in Bob's section (50-yard line) and just 3 rows higher (row 16), I'd be paying 450 less per season for 2 seats... and I'd have better seats.

The Skins happen to have all of these seats in row 12-15 (the higher price range), but if you asked them I'm sure they have nothing available in row 16-19 which would mean a lower price......

I just think the ticket office/Snyder is really shady.

No suprise with the upgrades.

If people in the lower-upper bowl pull out, then the Skins will ask those in the upper-upper bowl to move down (for a increase) and they (just like I did last year) will say hell yeah!!! The walk up to the top few rows is hell IMO.

That leaves some upper-upper seats empty.....but they won't be giving it as downgrades to lower-upper cash strapped folks....they'll pull in those on the waiting list, so that in year 2 they also will want to move down.....lather, rinse, repeat ;)

I was called this morning and offered an upgrade from my current seats in sec 419 row 29 down to 419 row 14. The seats were $16 more each or about $330 more in total for the 2 seats. $16 more a ticket is a lot, but I took the upgrade since 15 rows is a pretty significant move up.

I'm also in 419, row 19, but have not been offered an upgrade yet .. THIS DEPRESSES ME :( I need some brokeback love.

anyone else realize that all of these upgrade offers seem to be row 29 to row 14 or row 22 to row 13... reading between the lines here, but that's one price range to another...

I might call to see if I can downgrade my tickets... if I could sit in Bob's section (50-yard line) and just 3 rows higher (row 16), I'd be paying 450 less per season for 2 seats... and I'd have better seats.

The Skins happen to have all of these seats in row 12-15 (the higher price range), but if you asked them I'm sure they have nothing available in row 16-19 which would mean a lower price......

I just think the ticket office/Snyder is really shady.

I agree, the does look like what they're doing. But I don't see why. Every seat that's currently available will be sold, period. What difference does it make to their bottom line doing it this way?

People in rows 15, 14, 13 are getting pushed down into rows 12, 13, 14, etc...this often leaves seats in rows 15 and 14 available. Most people in rows 16-20 don't want to move a couple a couple rows and have to pay more, even though this is what will be open in the future anyway (thats why there are not too many seats in rows 16-20 open....So this leaves people in rows 21 and up the opportunity to move down to rows 14 and 15. Sound like a lot of people are getting calls....so either most people are declining or getting messages, or dont have the right phone numbers on their account.....

I'm also in 419, row 19, but have not been offered an upgrade yet .. THIS DEPRESSES ME :( I need some brokeback love.

They are going section by section, I was told they are currently working on endzones....might not have gotten to your section yet....

But an offer will likely be to row 14 or 15....

No suprise with the upgrades.

If people in the lower-upper bowl pull out, then the Skins will ask those in the upper-upper bowl to move down (for a increase) and they (just like I did last year) will say hell yeah!!! The walk up to the top few rows is hell IMO.

That leaves some upper-upper seats empty.....but they won't be giving it as downgrades to lower-upper cash strapped folks....they'll pull in those on the waiting list, so that in year 2 they also will want to move down.....lather, rinse, repeat ;)

If you want to move to a cheaper priced seat all you have to do is call the Ticket Office, it stated this on all the reminder emails and postcards that went out to people that didnt pay right on time.

How many years have you had the seats without an upgrade? It took me 3 years to get this upgrade, but I sit by people who were upgraded after their first year.

I waited well over 20 years to get my tickets at all when I talked to some people who only waited like 5 years and got them the same year I did. A few years ago I emailed to check my status on the waitlist and a letter arrived a few days later offering me tickets. I think they misplaced my name on the waitlist and made me wait years longer than I needed to.

I just called to see if they had gotten to section 429. I am on row 10 and want to move closer to center or down a little farther. They said they were still working on the endzone and will get to the sidelines in two weeks. First the endzone, then the corners the next two weeks, then the sidelines. He also explained adding seats:

If you are below your maximum, like me who has only 4 of my maximum 6, in November, you need to call the sales office and they will take a deposit for the two other seats. Then, if something comes up in June after all the moves, you will get the seats. They most likely won't be near your current seats. I was told last year to request in writing, but he said that doesn't do diddly- you need to put down a deposit, then you will get the other seats (first come first served, but before they go to the waiting list).

Also, they said if someone gives up a single, they usually call the neighbors to see if anyone wants to take it before putting it back into the "barrel". So,,, at the last game of the season, talk to your neighbors to see what their plans are- especially if you aren't at your maximum ticket number and are interested in adding seats :point2sky :point2sky :excited: .

Lisa

Driver of the "SkinMobile"

You know, I guess this confirms that basically the only place you will ever move is down within your own section. Why don't they start at midfield and open up some seats for people to move to out of the end zones and corners? When they do it this way, it seems like whatever opens up at midfield would have to go to the waiting list, because everyone else will have already been moved.

So someone just buying tickets could be on the 50, while I'm stuck in the corner? How does *that* make any sense? I assume that there just isn't much movement at all in those sections.

You know, I guess this confirms that basically the only place you will ever move is down within your own section. Why don't they start at midfield and open up some seats for people to move to out of the end zones and corners? When they do it this way, it seems like whatever opens up at midfield would have to go to the waiting list, because everyone else will have already been moved.

So someone just buying tickets could be on the 50, while I'm stuck in the corner? How does *that* make any sense? I assume that there just isn't much movement at all in those sections.

Could there be a lower priced tailgate club in the works for the upper deck? Might be why they are doing it in a way to leave some seats open on the sidelines. :whoknows:

Could there be a lower priced tailgate club in the works for the upper deck? Might be why they are doing it in a way to leave some seats open on the sidelines. :whoknows:

There are already tailgate club people getting seats in 454 and 401 (I don't remember where I saw the source).

There are already tailgate club people getting seats in 454 and 401 (I don't remember where I saw the source).

That sucks! Is that new tailgate club people?....or people who were in the tailgate, and bailed?

In any case, that doesn't give much hope for us current upper-deck resident to get any decent upgrades.......

• 2 weeks later...
Just checked with the ticket office today. I did get an upgrade of 1 row. One row down 11 more to go :) I'm 454 row 12 seats 9 and 10 now. Yeeehah!

I got the big one row upgrade this year too... Section 413, went from row 13 to row 12, the two seats on the aisle right in front of my two from last season. My other four on the aisle in Sec. 412, Row 25 have not been upgraded as of this past Tuesday.

again, I see this weird pattern.... I too got moved from row 13 to row 12 in my section.... you wouldn't think it would work out that easily in every section.... makes me think whether or not I could really press for a better upgrade..

again, I see this weird pattern.... I too got moved from row 13 to row 12 in my section.... you wouldn't think it would work out that easily in every section.... makes me think whether or not I could really press for a better upgrade..

Alot of people have called to try to get an upgrade and where told they were being done automatically this year. Don't really know how you could press them.

Archived