Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Trade #53 for 2 3rds

method man

The guy I like most out of day 1 is Fred Matua, the guard from USC. He is a fiery intense competitor who could possibly beat out Dockery. Because he was overshadowed by Deuce Lutui, however, I think Matua will fall to the 3rd. In the 3rd, we could also possibly get Anthony Fasano, Joe Klopstein, or Dominic Byrd, three tight ends who are good blockers and decent receivers. We did sign Fauria but he is 35. We need talent there for the future.

I got a better idea lets trade all of this years draft picks for an ice cream sandwich beacuse thats about what they're worth hot damnit. Everyone that everyone round here is having wet dreams about is gonna be gone by the time 53 come round (Mac, Howard Cromatrie, jackson, jennings). we might as well just go o line baby. wooooooooooo brother wooooooooo!!!!

We will not know the true value of the #53 pick until draft day when we are on the clock. Theorizing about moving up or down at this point is pointless because you can not be sure who will be available at what time. I am sure that if a trade would benefit us, or we decide we have to have a certain guy, we will work it out.

Hail

for a second i thought u were talking about marcus washington.

But on your thought, it looks like the skins are going to bulk up D with the draft, not TEs, maybe OL though.

Yeah I thought you were talken about Marcus too, but now that I realize that I was mistaken, we dont really need to get more players, we should probably find a starter at the OLB position. I feel thats the more pressing need.

Yeah, you may want to change the title of the thread... :2cents:

Instead of trading down we should trade up and potientially get guys like Antonio Cromartie, Richard Marshall, Jonathon Joseph, or Ashton Youbouty. Then again, there could be quality players such as Danaiel Manning, Dee Webb, Roger McIntosh, or Anthony Fasano at where we stand. This is a deep draft guys and standing where we are is not that big of a drop off from the first round.

I got a better idea lets trade all of this years draft picks for an ice cream sandwich beacuse thats about what they're worth hot damnit. Everyone that everyone round here is having wet dreams about is gonna be gone by the time 53 come round (Mac, Howard Cromatrie, jackson, jennings). we might as well just go o line baby. wooooooooooo brother wooooooooo!!!!

huh

The Texans have the 65th AND 66th picks, the first two in the third round. Value of picks = 525 pts. Value of 53rd=370 pts. We'd have to throw in another pick, maybe next years third rounder. The problem is our late round picks have very little value. There are two teams, the Jets and the Pats, who have two third rounders.We could work something out with them but their picks are lower, one of the Jets is the last pick in the round. I personally feel like it would take a lot to get those picks from the Texans, because they need talented youth. I do like the idea of trading with Jets cause that seems to work out for us.

Let's not. I want a shot at Abdul Hodge. This guy is top 10 quality and will prove to be the best defensive player in the draft and maybe the best of offense and defense. We NEED to draft him.

Not a bad idea. Lemar Marshall could move back to Outside Linebacker and its not like he is bad there. Hes played there before.

Not a bad idea. Lemar Marshall could move back to Outside Linebacker and its not like he is bad there. Hes played there before.

If we traded up and grabbed D'Qwell Jackson, that would be awesome. He played WLB in college. I say we're gonna trade this years second rounder & a pick from next year to move up in the draft.

Trading down to the third down is not really feaseable with the 2nd round pick. That would require teams who have mutliple 3rd round picks, and I dont know of any who have multiple 3rd round picks in our target area(what we could get for our 2nd rounder). Having to throw in more picks sort of defeats the purpose.

The guy I like most out of day 1 is Fred Matua, the guard from USC. He is a fiery intense competitor who could possibly beat out Dockery. Because he was overshadowed by Deuce Lutui, however, I think Matua will fall to the 3rd. In the 3rd, we could also possibly get Anthony Fasano, Joe Klopstein, or Dominic Byrd, three tight ends who are good blockers and decent receivers. We did sign Fauria but he is 35. We need talent there for the future.

I don't think we'd get two thirds for a second. Also, just my opinion, I'd say that DB, DT and LB are a greater need than TE right now. I understand that Fauria is aging and that Cooley hasn't played as a traditional TE but I'd really like to get a guy like Abdul Hodge (definately can't move down to the third and still land him) to at least push Clemons (I know that Clemons is OLB, but Marshall could move outside if Hodge were ready to go now). I also think that depth at DT is more important than grabbing an extra TE and I've always felt that you can't have enough quality corners on a team.

Since we always sign a few players in Free Agency every year it wouldn't be a bad idea to trade next years 1st or 2nd for the corresponding 2nd or 3rd rounder this year. Everyone on the board I bet would be happy if we could take care of either LB, CB or OL with those two picks. Next year is next year. Get the extra player now. :2cents:

i still think the skins need a big def tackle. the 300 pound or more that plugs the middle of the line. a run stopper, and helps protect our middle linebacker from blockers. cornelius and joe are really good, but, we have a huge drop off at next level. i think it is easier to plug in offensive linemen than strong def linemen in gregs type of defense. its all about protecting the linebackers from blocks, and providing rushing lanes. greg works wonders with linebackers, he can take a good one and make them excellent, as we know. def linemen are different. not any good ones in the free agency arena either.

Since we always sign a few players in Free Agency every year it wouldn't be a bad idea to trade next years 1st or 2nd for the corresponding 2nd or 3rd rounder this year. Everyone on the board I bet would be happy if we could take care of either LB, CB or OL with those two picks. Next year is next year. Get the extra player now. :2cents:

I see this as a very real option. It wouldnt surprise me at all to see this happen.

Frankly we don't have that many roster spots easily open at the moment to be acquiring a lot of pics. With the two offensive linemen we signed for depth, we're probably not going to dig a lot deeper here. Dockery has been a starter for three years. He's what you call a fantastic draft pick who's worked out from Day 1, gotten better, and has the physical nature to be dominating. People falling all over themselves to replace him with someone else completely unproven are just completely devoid of logic and thought.

Tight end has a guy named Chris Cooley, if you were wondering, who can flex between the traditional tight end spot and H-Back. Robert Johnson is a fairly live, huge body well familiar with Campbell, who is young and can hold down what we NEED out of the spot.

There you go. That's good thinking. We are a team by in large as ready as can be. A couple of depth needs and weakside backer stand out as remaining thoughts. I completely agree we should trade away pics next year to fill as many holes as we can now. No reason we shouldn't seriously look at this.

Archived