Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Lendale White???

Renegade7

Word is the man just tore a hamstring and is gonna drop like a rock on the draft board. Could fall to the late rounds or not get drafted at all. When he was healthy, he was a man-child. Seen him play and I bet he'd be the perfect young battering ram this team needs. Betts isn't a powerback, don't be fooled by his size. And don't tell me he's a me-first player and is going to want to start. He had that oppurtunity with Bush leaving and passed it up to go to the NFL. To me, this is one of those talents that if you see you don't pass up on.

We have no reason to draft Lendale White. :doh:

We have no reason to draft Lendale White. :doh:

Did you even read the thread? Or are you just coming in here spouting off nonsense because your too lazy to formulate a quality opinion? If your gonna say we don't need LenDale White, tell me why. You're entitled to your opinion, but atleast I put some effort into my arugment.

Can we close this thread? It's been chewed about non stop. Lendale white is terrible this discussion is terrible.

In the championship game against Texas, the best team in the nation, he had 20 carries, 124 yards, THREE TOUCHDOWNS, and 6.2 ypc. LenDale White does not suck.

That's Barney Gumble logic: "Hey is anyone else worried about the beer? After this case, and the next case, there's only one case left!"

No, it's drafting for the future logic. The teams that are good year after year all do it. Notice how Philly drafted DB's three years ago when they had two pro-bowlers already? (god I hate to use philly as an example of doing something right) Or teams that draft linemen and groom them to replace the person that is there already. KC drafted Larry Johnson when they had Priest Holmes and look how that turned out. The fact is that RB's only have a life span of about 5-7 years. A few are still great after that and I would LOVE for Portis to be one of them. Hell, I would love for Portis to break that cowgirls record and become the greatest running back ever. But at the same time, if you have the chance to draft a top 10 player in the lower part of the second round then you have to take that.

he also cant control his weight. he said over christmas he ate a whole turkey, that was just a few days before the national title game. if you cant control your weight when something that important is on the line, i dont want you on my team

that's pretty impressive and not necessarily an indicator that he can't control his weight. he's just a greedy mofo. :2cents:

What is everyones obsession with Lendale White?

BTW he's still going to be taken in the First Round....

With a torn hamstring? I don't see the logic in investing millions of dollars in a player that's already injured. And no, it's not obsession, it's common sense. White produces, and with most of our holes solved via FA, it makes logical sense to draft the best player avaliable. If White is there, he would be a solid addition to an already stacked offense. It's just smart.

that's pretty impressive and not necessarily an indicator that he can't control his weight. he's just a greedy mofo. :2cents:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: IT WAS CHRISTMAS!!! He was probably being sarcastic anyway, don't look too much into the whole turkey thing. :laugh:

Word is the man just tore a hamstring and is gonna drop like a rock on the draft board. Could fall to the late rounds or not get drafted at all. When he was healthy, he was a man-child. Seen him play and I bet he'd be the perfect young battering ram this team needs. Betts isn't a powerback, don't be fooled by his size. And don't tell me he's a me-first player and is going to want to start. He had that oppurtunity with Bush leaving and passed it up to go to the NFL. To me, this is one of those talents that if you see you don't pass up on.

I'm sure someone else has pointed this out, but the way they are talking - he might fall out of the first round. Nobody seems to be saying that he will basically fall out of the second round (or the very bottom of the 2nd). I think your really stretching to think we have a shot.

If we did...maybe...I'd want the skins docs to really do their homework - our 2nd is our only high round pick, i'd hate to waste it on a ki-jana carter or kelen winslow....

I'm sure someone else has pointed this out, but the way they are talking - he might fall out of the first round. Nobody seems to be saying that he will basically fall out of the second round (or the very bottom of the 2nd). I think your really stretching to think we have a shot.

If we did...maybe...I'd want the skins docs to really do their homework - our 2nd is our only high round pick, i'd hate to waste it on a ki-jana carter or kelen winslow....

I understand your logic, but those are terrible examples, man. K2 and Carter were both high first round picks, not to mention arrogant fools. 2nd round picks don't demand the dollars 1st round picks do. A miss wouldn't kill us in the second round, but a hit could take us over the top. If White plays half as well as he did in college he would be worth having on this football team. 26 tds in one season is no joking matter, imo.

I'd love to see White fall to us, but if he doesn't, I won't shed any tears.

there is no way that he will drop until the fifth round or go undrafted. Willis McGahee had the worst injury possible and still got drafted in the first round. Expect that to happen with White. Also, isnt Broughton like 245 pounds?

McGahee was a serious gamble on the Bills part, there's no doubting that. He wouldn't of gotten draft in the first round if he his stock wasn't so high to begin with. White's stock was falling way before this news on his hamstring came out.

Size and speed don't mean anything if the player doesn't know how to use them. Exhibit A and B: Rod Gardner, Cliff Russell.

No, it's drafting for the future logic. The teams that are good year after year all do it. Notice how Philly drafted DB's three years ago when they had two pro-bowlers already? (god I hate to use philly as an example of doing something right) Or teams that draft linemen and groom them to replace the person that is there already. KC drafted Larry Johnson when they had Priest Holmes and look how that turned out. The fact is that RB's only have a life span of about 5-7 years. A few are still great after that and I would LOVE for Portis to be one of them. Hell, I would love for Portis to break that cowgirls record and become the greatest running back ever. But at the same time, if you have the chance to draft a top 10 player in the lower part of the second round then you have to take that.

Portis is 24. He IS the future. There is plenty of time to get another running back. I can't believe I am arguing this point. There are many more pressing needs than another running back. Why draft another RB to sit behind Betts and Portis when the offensive line needs depth, defensive line needs depth and there is a gaping hole at LB? Running backs are the deepest position on the team, why would the Skins continue to add depth there needlessly? Only the Lions do that!

I'll tell you what - if the Redskins draft White, I will send you a check for $50, ok?

Portis is 24. He IS the future. There is plenty of time to get another running back. I can't believe I am arguing this point. There are many more pressing needs than another running back. Why draft another RB to sit behind Betts and Portis when the offensive line needs depth, defensive line needs depth and there is a gaping hole at LB? Running backs are the deepest position on the team, why would the Skins continue to add depth there needlessly? Only the Lions do that!

I'll tell you what - if the Redskins draft White, I will send you a check for $50, ok?

You keep saying we have depth at running back, but the only one truely producing IS Clinton Portis. Question: hypothetically, say Reggie Bush drops all the way to the #53 pick in the draft. Do we pass on him because of the "great" depth we have at running back? Think about it.

You keep saying we have depth at running back, but the only one truely producing IS Clinton Portis. Question: hypothetically, say Reggie Bush drops all the way to the #53 pick in the draft. Do we pass on him because of the "great" depth we have at running back? Think about it.

No - they trade the damned pick for a bundle and get someone they can use now! This isn't a team that is rebuilding. This team can win now. Why waste it on a "pick for the future" when the starting RB is coming of a 1500 yrd season at 24! This make NO sense.

P.S. Is there a way to add a feature to ignore innane threads like this? Since I really can't seem to help myself!

No - they trade the damned pick for a bundle and get someone they can use now! This isn't a team that is rebuilding. This team can win now. Why waste it on a "pick for the future" when the starting RB is coming of a 1500 yrd season at 24! This make NO sense.

P.S. Is there a way to add a feature to ignore innane threads like this? Since I really can't seem to help myself!

Timeout. You would in all seriousness pass up reggie bush for a chance at a couple crapshot depth players? Wow.

This is about adding talent, not blowing up the franchise. I'm sure there are people on this board right now that would kill to have Reggie Bush and Clinton Portis here.

Where did you hear that?? :rolleyes:

Happens all the time with players having great stock then falling into later rounds do to injury or poor performance in the combine. Wouldn't get my hopes up to see him in the fifth round, but I wouldn't be shocked. There's no telling what could happen in the draft, that's all I'm saying. If he's there in at #53, the skins should pick him. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Why would we draft a guy because you saw him play a couple of times? Running back is the last thing we NEED. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED. There are only 53 roster spots. Stop posting about Ledale White.

Horrible reasoning, perhaps we shouldn't draft him. But you can't say its because we've only seen him play a few times, the kid was a stud for 3 years switching off with the best rb in the country. This USC combo is the better version of the Auburn running backs who went 2 in the top 5 last year. Also his name is spelled Lendale. Thanks.

Timeout. You would in all seriousness pass up reggie bush for a chance at a couple crapshot depth players? Wow.

This is about adding talent, not blowing up the franchise. I'm sure there are people on this board right now that would kill to have Reggie Bush and Clinton Portis here.

Just curious, weren't you just saying that CP isn't the prototypical Gibbs back and that's why White is needed? I would think that Bush is much farther from that kind of back that you deem we "need."

Do the same thing they did with Rickey Williams...I changed my mind, I am not even going to bother...

This is the last time I am going to say we are NOT drafting LenDale White, even if he is there. There are much more pressing needs than another RB. I don't know why you have such a hard-on for this guy.

Just curious, weren't you just saying that CP isn't the prototypical Gibbs back and that's why White is needed? I would think that Bush is much farther from that kind of back that you deem we "need."

Hey, honest opinion, if Bush is there at #53, I could care less what Gibbs wants to do, we should draft him. That man is pure talent. Gibbs is running Portis differently then he was intended to be used in the NFL. That's why it took so long for Portis to adapt to the offense. On top of that, he's still not a "powerback". It makes sense to draft a proven power back seeing as we don't have one right now.

Do the same thing they did with Rickey Williams...I changed my mind, I am not even going to bother...

This is the last time I am going to say we are NOT drafting LenDale White, even if he is there. There are much more pressing needs than another RB. I don't know why you have such a hard-on for this guy.

Cool, that's your opinion, no problem with that. It's not a love fest, it's my opinion. I beleive he'd be a solid addition and I'm taking the time to explain why.

Wow, with the name calling. :laugh: Damn, homie, I've seen Portis play every game this year and no, he doesn't create his own holes. He's not that big, and he's not that style of running back. Williams has a damn good record with unproven linebackers, ie, Pierce, Marshall. I like what I've seen from Clemons, and I believe Williams will get a lot out of him. The smart thing to do would be to have a good amount of quaility running backs to keep Portis fresh and in case he gets injured.

Grow up and quit smoking bud then make a better post like I sweat USC and do it in the Tailgate. You have made some of the dumbest points I have ever heard.

Archived