Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Lendale White???

Renegade7

Word is the man just tore a hamstring and is gonna drop like a rock on the draft board. Could fall to the late rounds or not get drafted at all. When he was healthy, he was a man-child. Seen him play and I bet he'd be the perfect young battering ram this team needs. Betts isn't a powerback, don't be fooled by his size. And don't tell me he's a me-first player and is going to want to start. He had that oppurtunity with Bush leaving and passed it up to go to the NFL. To me, this is one of those talents that if you see you don't pass up on.

Why would we draft a guy because you saw him play a couple of times? Running back is the last thing we NEED. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED. There are only 53 roster spots. Stop posting about Ledale White.

Couple times I saw him play were against quailty football teams in high stake games. He did his thing and would be better suited for what Gibbs wants to do running the ball then Betts or Portis. This is big running back, perfect for just banging out the clock. Portis and Betts are both primarily speed backs, not brusiers that can make there own holes.

Couple times I saw him play we're against quailty football teams in high stake games. He did his thing and would be better suited for what Gibbs wants to do running the ball then Betts or Portis. This is big running back, perfect for just banging out the clock. Portis and Betts are both primarily speed backs, not brusiers that can make there own holes.

Are you on crack? What cave have you been living in? Portis is 24 and had 1500 yards last year facing a lot of stacked fronts. Does LenDale White have pictures of you, a billy goat, a kiddie pool and some rubber gloves (or something of that nature)? What LBs have we signed? None. Clemons is seriously unproven - he will be given a chance to succeed but I would rather draft a Rocky McIntosh or Thomas Howard.

RB is the deepest position on the team. Enough of this non-sense.

:dallasuck

Are you on crack? What cave have you been living in? Portis is 24 and had 1500 yards last year facing a lot of stacked fronts. Does LenDale White have pictures of you, a billy goat, a kiddie pool and some rubber gloves (or something of that nature)? What LBs have we signed? None. Clemons is seriously unproven - he will be given a chance to succeed but I would rather draft a Rocky McIntosh or Thomas Howard.

RB is the deepest position on the team. Enough of this non-sense.

:dallasuck

Wow, with the name calling. :laugh: Damn, homie, I've seen Portis play every game this year and no, he doesn't create his own holes. He's not that big, and he's not that style of running back. Williams has a damn good record with unproven linebackers, ie, Pierce, Marshall. I like what I've seen from Clemons, and I believe Williams will get a lot out of him. The smart thing to do would be to have a good amount of quaility running backs to keep Portis fresh and in case he gets injured.

Exactly. We fill our needs with FA. If the coaches are unhappy with any part of the team, they are not going to gamble on a late round rookie to fix it. We are a best player available team.

If a 1st round caliber draft pick falls to the 5th round, you take him. That is the epitome of the best player available philosophy.

So what you're basically saying is that Portis and Betts are not Gibbs style of Running back and you want a Bruiser like Riggins or Davis. I disagree on so many levels, but I understand the point you're trying to make... That is the point you're trying to make, right?

white is not even that good. he is a product of a fabulous offensive line, plus defenses were dead tired from chasing reggie bush around the field

LMFAO!!

white is not even that good. he is a product of a fabulous offensive line, plus defenses were dead tired from chasing reggie bush around the field

Well, we have a great o-line, speedy back, and punishing defense. Logic says he'll produce, right? :)

You've seen White play before, right? :)

yes i've seen him play. but white wont be going up against college defenses which cant stop the run. he will be a short yardage back in the nfl and we have betts, cartwright, sellers and broughton for short yardage if necessary. lendale white will not be a redskin

So what you're basically saying is that Portis and Betts are not Gibbs style of Running back and you want a Bruiser like Riggins or Davis. I disagree on so many levels, but I understand the point you're trying to make... That is the point you're trying to make, right?

LMFAO!!

No, no, no. Portis and Betts are quality backs, but aren't recognized for there size or short-yardage ability. With my own two eyes I've seen them both rely on the blocking of the o-line because as good as they both are, neither player can create their own hole. If White's avaliable with the #53 pick, we absolutly cannot pass him up. He's the perfect short yardage back, and completely unselfish.

Can we close this thread? It's been chewed about non stop. Lendale white is terrible this discussion is terrible.

Are you serious? Lendale White was a top 10 pick before his hammy injury. Let's also remember that in three years Clinton Portis has some major contract work to be done. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone already on the team that can handle the work if needed. Also remember that in three years Clinton will be starting his 8th year in the league, about the time running backs start to break down.

Look, I am not saying I am for drafting Lendale White, but if the skins do something like trade next years 1st for a mid to upper level second and get a LB or CB, I would not be mad at all if they were able to draft Lendale with their current 2nd round pick.

he also cant control his weight. he said over christmas he ate a whole turkey, that was just a few days before the national title game. if you cant control your weight when something that important is on the line, i dont want you on my team

And riggo couldn't control his drinking. Should Gibbs have kicked him off the team because he showed up hung over to the point he passed out in a team meeting and pissed on himself?

yes i've seen him play. but white wont be going up against college defenses which cant stop the run. he will be a short yardage back in the nfl and we have betts, cartwright, sellers and broughton for short yardage if necessary. lendale white will not be a redskin

Rock is primarily special teams, not really short yardage. The one game he really went off was against the rams, not a team known for stopping the run (28th in the leauge). Like was stated earlier, Betts is not a power back. 3.8 ypc doesn't qualify as really solid either, in all honesty. Sellers is primarily a blocking H-back. Him and Nemo combined for a grand total of two carriers and four yards last season. Granted, one yard by sellers was for a TD, but if Gibbs felt he could've used him as a short yardage back often, he would've used him as a short yardage back often.

he also cant control his weight. he said over christmas he ate a whole turkey, that was just a few days before the national title game. if you cant control your weight when something that important is on the line, i dont want you on my team

Are you serious? The man produces when his number is called. And besides, it's Christmas. Cut him some slack. :laugh: Gibbs and Co. will make sure he watches his wait, I promise you that if he's a redskin. He should be a redskin.

The guy put up over 1300 yards and 24 TD's while playing top 50 rushing defense's and was the second option. Don't tell me he was only playing against easy comp.

Also remember that in three years Clinton will be starting his 8th year in the league, about the time running backs start to break down.

That's Barney Gumble logic: "Hey is anyone else worried about the beer? After this case, and the next case, there's only one case left!"

Archived