Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Lendale White???

Renegade7

:laugh: Ya'll get pretty sensitive when you see something you don't agree with. I believe LenDale White should be a skin, that's my opinion, I'm sticking to it. I only hope ya'll read the entire thread before you blast me. I don't care if you blast me, I just hope ya'll are mature enough to know WHY you're blasting me.

:laugh: Ya'll get pretty sensitive when you see something you don't agree with. I believe LenDale White should be a skin, that's my opinion, I'm sticking to it. I only hope ya'll read the entire thread before you blast me. I don't care if you blast me, I just hope ya'll are mature enough to know WHY you're blasting me.

It's not about being sensitive it's about having a good point.We need other positions.Why don't you go to the Tailgate and post your opinions there.Starting with I'm in Love with Lendalle White. Maybee then you will find people with your same opinions. Your aloud to have your opinions but your also allowed to be called Smokey McPotts.

When Clinton got hurt going into the playoffs, our offense took a major hit. If we had a starting caliber backup RB, we very well could have been in the NFC Championship game and maybe even the Super Bowl.

So yes, RB is a need.

Randy Thomas getting hurt was the main problem not Clinton. Did you see gaping holes for Clinton?

http://www.pac-10.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010205aaa.html

The Other White Does The Dirty Work For Trojans

Despite leading USC in rushing, LenDale White doesn't get the publicity of teammates Leinart, Bush.

Jan. 2, 2005

By JOHN NADEL

AP Sports Writer

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Think of LenDale White as the other White at this Orange Bowl.

The Southern California tailback is way overshadowed by Oklahoma quarterback and former Heisman Trophy winner Jason White.

And despite leading the Trojans in rushing, he's best known for doing much of dirty work while teammates Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush receive the notoriety.

Which is fine by White.

"It never bugs me," he said. "We're a team. You've got to accept that or you're not a team player. The publicity is going to come. I'm just happy to be here. For me to complain would be real selfish.

"Reggie's my guy. All the publicity he gets, he and Matt, you would expect them to be different guys and they're not. Sometimes guys let publicity go to their heads. They don't."

Leinart won the Heisman Trophy this season and Bush finished fifth in the voting. White earned the respect of the Trojans.

"If our team is a court, than he's the gavel," USC tackle John Drake said.

Opponents see him the same way.

"We know all about LenDale White," Oklahoma defensive lineman Lynn McGruder said. "He's not one of the guys who gets talked about very much. But he's one of the best players they have."

White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound sophomore, finished his prep days as Colorado's career rushing leader with 7,803 yards.

White and Bush are known as "Thunder and Lightning." But Bush said their roles and interchangeable.

"He's known for his power running. He has speed, too," Bush said. "LenDale is a major part of our offense. His style of running opens things up."

White's status for Tuesday night's Orange Bowl against No. 2 Oklahoma has been in question because of the sprained right ankle he sustained Dec. 4 in No. 1 USC's 29-24 victory over UCLA.

White has made significant improvement since last Thursday night. He believes USC coach Pete Carroll's wife, Glena, played a role.

Really.

"Mrs. Carroll did her thing. It's crazy," White said. "Everyone was at the hotel standing around, she came up to me and asked how my ankle was. She performed a short prayer for my ankle. She had her hands in the vicinity of my injury. The next morning I woke up and it felt great.

"A miracle," he said.

Carroll seemed pessimistic about White's status after practice Thursday. He was much more optimistic the following day - after his wife's prayer.

"I'm ready to play," White said Sunday. "It feels good. I'm going to be hurting, but I'll fight through it. It's the national championship game.

"I can judge myself off the first hit. If it doesn't feel right, I'll tell the coach. I don't want to hurt the team."

Leinart is aware of White's importance.

"What's got us here is LenDale White," Leinart said. "He's one of the best backs in the country. LenDale is just a tough back. He's big, he's fast, he wears on the defense."

White has 26 rushing touchdowns in 25 career games and 29 touchdowns overall - second only to Mike Williams' 30 TDs for most by a USC player by the end of his sophomore year.

"If there's not a hole, LenDale will make one," Trojans tackle Kyle Williams said.

Randy Thomas getting hurt was the main problem not Clinton. Did you see gaping holes for Clinton?

Randy Thomas didn't make Clinton stand on the sidelines. Plus, Clinton had 2 of his best games of the season right after Randy got injured, and we scored a total of 66 points in those 2 games.

The drop in production was the Tampa game, long after Randy Thomas was injured.

I want to see what nemo is all about.

He is sick. They say when he runs you can hear his footsteps hit the ground so hard that it shakes. He might be the # 2 back this year.

By the way, Lendale will be a first round pick, if he falls it will be to the early 2nd round. There is no way we would move up to get him when we already have a crowded back field.

Randy Thomas didn't make Clinton stand on the sidelines. Plus, Clinton had 2 of his best games of the season right after Randy got injured, and we scored a total of 66 points in those 2 games.

The drop in production was the Tampa game, long after Randy Thomas was injured.

Were the last two games against the best rush defenses in the League?Were the last two regular season games in the play offs?

http://www.pac-10.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010205aaa.html

The Other White Does The Dirty Work For Trojans

Despite leading USC in rushing, LenDale White doesn't get the publicity of teammates Leinart, Bush.

Jan. 2, 2005

By JOHN NADEL

AP Sports Writer

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Think of LenDale White as the other White at this Orange Bowl.

The Southern California tailback is way overshadowed by Oklahoma quarterback and former Heisman Trophy winner Jason White.

And despite leading the Trojans in rushing, he's best known for doing much of dirty work while teammates Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush receive the notoriety.

Which is fine by White.

"It never bugs me," he said. "We're a team. You've got to accept that or you're not a team player. The publicity is going to come. I'm just happy to be here. For me to complain would be real selfish.

"Reggie's my guy. All the publicity he gets, he and Matt, you would expect them to be different guys and they're not. Sometimes guys let publicity go to their heads. They don't."

Leinart won the Heisman Trophy this season and Bush finished fifth in the voting. White earned the respect of the Trojans.

"If our team is a court, than he's the gavel," USC tackle John Drake said.

Opponents see him the same way.

"We know all about LenDale White," Oklahoma defensive lineman Lynn McGruder said. "He's not one of the guys who gets talked about very much. But he's one of the best players they have."

White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound sophomore, finished his prep days as Colorado's career rushing leader with 7,803 yards.

White and Bush are known as "Thunder and Lightning." But Bush said their roles and interchangeable.

"He's known for his power running. He has speed, too," Bush said. "LenDale is a major part of our offense. His style of running opens things up."

White's status for Tuesday night's Orange Bowl against No. 2 Oklahoma has been in question because of the sprained right ankle he sustained Dec. 4 in No. 1 USC's 29-24 victory over UCLA.

White has made significant improvement since last Thursday night. He believes USC coach Pete Carroll's wife, Glena, played a role.

Really.

"Mrs. Carroll did her thing. It's crazy," White said. "Everyone was at the hotel standing around, she came up to me and asked how my ankle was. She performed a short prayer for my ankle. She had her hands in the vicinity of my injury. The next morning I woke up and it felt great.

"A miracle," he said.

Carroll seemed pessimistic about White's status after practice Thursday. He was much more optimistic the following day - after his wife's prayer.

"I'm ready to play," White said Sunday. "It feels good. I'm going to be hurting, but I'll fight through it. It's the national championship game.

"I can judge myself off the first hit. If it doesn't feel right, I'll tell the coach. I don't want to hurt the team."

Leinart is aware of White's importance.

"What's got us here is LenDale White," Leinart said. "He's one of the best backs in the country. LenDale is just a tough back. He's big, he's fast, he wears on the defense."

White has 26 rushing touchdowns in 25 career games and 29 touchdowns overall - second only to Mike Williams' 30 TDs for most by a USC player by the end of his sophomore year.

"If there's not a hole, LenDale will make one," Trojans tackle Kyle Williams said.

WHy post all these stats that don't mean **** to Redskins fans. He will not play here.

Yeah and would help having your best guard !!! DO you think Lndalle will be better than Portis?Maybee if you started the thread that way I wouldn't be pissed off for seeing it in the stadium.

I've said throughout this thread he'd be great for depth. If he's better then Portis he should start. It certainly wouldn't hurt having him on the team, don't you agree?

I got blasted for posting a similar thread, but here is the deal. People are saying we are fine at runningback. Ladell is only under contract for one more year, Rock is mainly on the roster for ST, and Nemo is unproven and it seems to me he's more of Sellars heir apparant than an actual RB. Also I do recall last season having problems getting the ball in the endzone on the ground. White broke the record for rushing TDs at USC. A school with a history of great runningbacks. Also Portis was badly beaten up near the end of the season and I'm concerned how much wear and tear his body can take before breaking down and considering we have invested heavily in him we should do our best to protect that investment. Its never a band thing to keep backs fresh.

Do you ever make sense? I'd be glad to seee people like you not post here.ARe you a Redskin fan or a Lendalle White fan?DO we need a RB?NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now you're pushing it, even questioning my loyalty to this team because I have any idea to make it better. That doesn't make sense to me.

Do you ever make sense? I'd be glad to seee people like you not post here.ARe you a Redskin fan or a Lendalle White fan?DO we need a RB?NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posting your own "FOOTBALL" opinions is what our community is about. Not personal attacts towards other members posts.

Confusious says "I see nice vacation in your future"

Archived