Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New To The Skins

BULVA

On the bright side, it'll be easy to remember our new friend's handle.

Rhymes with a female part. :)

I was thinking more of a Swedish car or a cow.

At least it wasn't something like Bostate. :silly:

Seriously, I don't understand the switch, either. I think the hoax thing is a possibility, but assuming it's a for-real switch...

Players come and go, and usually go before they suck too bad. Coaches come and go, too -- they wouldn't be a reason for dumping your old team, though they may be a source of embarrassment for a while (Norv Turner, Dennis Erickson, etc.).

On the other hand, the FO/Ownership team doesn't change around nearly as often. And in Green Bay, there's a GM that seems to have no cajones, and a management team that seems uninterested in improving the team by making any free agency moves. That by itself might be enough to make Brett Favre jump ship and end his career earlier than he otherwise might have. Could that also be what chased away Mr. Bovine? (Assuming it was a real ship-jump?)

From the land downunder I wish you a hearty hello and welcome to the greatest show anywhere, although I have never left one team for another, maybe you just decided that it was time to try the real franchise, I hope you have as much fun here as I do. Now tell me, is danny paying you 30million for 5 years.

Hail to all things redskins:especially newbies

LOL! Does that come from a movie or something? You're the second person to say that, and it certainly doesn't rhyme.

I think it comes from a seinfield episode when he couldn't remember his girlfriends name. She said it rhymed with a female body part, and all he could come up with was Mulva!:laugh:

Oh, and welcome Bulva!

LOL! Does that come from a movie or something? You're the second person to say that, and it certainly doesn't rhyme.

Delores doesn't rhyme with bulva, but it most certainly does rhyme with a female body part.

And as far as newbs go, they are fine but this guy isn't "newb" in the classic sense other than new to the board. He isn't some dude who just started watching football and chose the Skins, so he's not a newb in that sense either.

He was someone who CHOSE to be a pack fan, then for some reason (which I do not believe) he decided to be a Skins fan? And oddly enough, it seems to coincide with Favre's retirement, or eminent retirement from Greenbay, and it's subsequent downfall.

While no one here is gatekeeper to Redskins fandomship (is that a word?) to accept or deny him wanting to cheer on our team, I hope he'll forgive me if I don't welcome him with arms wide open. :helmet: :logo: :2cents:

They went 4-12 last season and are about to embark into a vicious circle of bottom dwelling.

It's easy to see why he's jumping ship.

No, not really.......

....we spent the last decade bottom dwelling, so to speak and it NEVER, EVER once occured to me to even think of jumping ship!

Methinks this guy a loser!

He'll be off our wagon in a heartbeat if the Pack starts rollin.

:helmet:

To all you lifelong Skins fans, I've finally seen the light and am officially crossing over from years of following the Packers. This is my first time logging in and I look forward to many years of enjoyment and excitement following a "real" football team. Go Skins!

Bulva:gaintsuck

u made the right choice sir, welcome and enjoy the board.. :logo:

To all you lifelong Skins fans, I've finally seen the light and am officially crossing over from years of following the Packers. This is my first time logging in and I look forward to many years of enjoyment and excitement following a "real" football team. Go Skins!

Happy to have ya with us, though I don't understand the knock on the Packers. At the age you have listed, you've been through as much a diversified trip as a fan as Skins fans of the same general age.

Good times and bad, both teams have had their share.

:cheers:

I hope you are a woman.

Because any man who changes the team he cheers for deserves to be forced to live in the woods with no television set for 15 yeas as a punishment. It is a disgraceful act.

Archived