Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Text might be hidden 'Gospel of Judas'

@DCGoldPants

which team will be our raiders game this year?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. which team will be our raiders game this year?

• Texans
    • Titans
    • Saints
    • Rams

I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more attention. If one were to believe in the text, this means that Judas was the only "true" apostle--he's the only one who understood what Jesus was getting at.

That's apparently what Jesus thought--he considered Judas his closest disciple--he held him above all others.

That's apparently what Jesus thought--he considered Judas his closest disciple--he held him above all others.

yea, some parts of this "text" is missing.I bet if you found what was lost it was probably the top of the page and it would say "The Jerusalem Enquirer" :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: That's just too funny. It also brings up a question in my mind. what religion is everyone? It's always the same few of us that debate each other in the religious threads.
Former United Methodist turned Southern Baptist. I'm what some call a fundamental Christian or reformed evangelical.

I believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, it doesn't contain it, it is it. It is infallible, in its context, meaning there may be scribal errors but the meaning is the same as the original.

We believe in eternal security, which someone mentioned. But here is where I differ from some, I believe that if you confess Christ and continue to sin like you did before, you weren't saved to begin with, your a false convert, like tares among the wheat. You must repent.

I'm also a calvinist. I believe that no man comes to the father unless drawn to Him, by Him. By means of evangelism, we are merely His instruments in fulfillment of His will.

Your handle says it all...why bother writing?:)

Ahh...touche - to kill. It was good stuff too but I am just lazy. In short, I don't believe in any single religion but enjoy reading about all of them. I like the human/relationship aspects of judaism/christianity while injecting our connection with the earth from buddhism/hinduism. I am more of a scientist, whoenjoys the idea that there are certain things in this world that can not be explained. Religion, IMO, is our attempt to expalin what we see and what we experience. Where's the Kool-Aid? :cool:

Ahh...touche - to kill. It was good stuff too but I am just lazy. In short, I don't believe in any single religion but enjoy reading about all of them. I like the human/relationship aspects of judaism/christianity while injecting our connection with the earth from buddhism/hinduism. I am more of a scientist, whoenjoys the idea that there are certain things in this world that can not be explained. Religion, IMO, is our attempt to expalin what we see and what we experience. Where's the Kool-Aid? :cool:

Nothing wrong with the way you believe IMO. Throw in believing that only through Christ can you find salvation and you're pretty well rounded. :applause:

no,I have no conflict with it,they just have,like stigmata said,a few differences in doctrine,but Jesus for remission of sins is the same.just a lot more conservative.But one of things that trips me up with the baptist faith is that they believe in eternal security (once saved-always saved)and I was raised that you cant live like hell all week,come to church on sunday,and make it to heaven.But that wouldnt stop me from attending,that it just thier personal beliefs.

hmm, Jesus said all that the father hath given me shall come to me, and on the last day i shall lose nothing..

I believe in Jesus promise, he said who so ever believes in me i will in no wise cast out.

There are intellectual Christians who understand salvation in there mind and there are those who believe it in there heart.

Remember the parable of the sower, some seed fell on rocky soil and it grew for a time then withered, some grew in the thorns and got choked then died, some grew on fertile ground and grew into a huge tree that the birds came and nestled in the branches..

Not everyone is a Christian even though they proclaim it, The gospels proclaim many are called but few are chosen. Also in revelations it says, And in that day many will come to me and say Father Father have we not prophesied in your name have we not done many miracles and wonders and cast out demons in your name, and he will look upon them and say depart from me ye workers of iniquity i never knew you..

There is a huge difference in saying your a follower of Christ and actually knowing him, if you don't know him- guess what he doesn't know you, knowing is a intimate ordeal not a mental thing, true Christians for real have Christ walking with them everyday.

Jesus said seek and you shall find, knock and a door will be open, if hes not at the level in your life your not actively seeking him. But True Christians will never lose there salvation, for people who are not true Christians were never saved to begin with.

how true......I think agnostics need to read that twice because they spend their whole lifes saying "prove it" and just like I said earlier, God let us know as much as we needed already..........If that's not enough then you're not ready.

Not quite: I went to a Lighthouse Baptist Every word is true, burn in hell preacher 20 weekens 2 years ago, I tried.. I tried hard. The preacher is awesome and he in the hospital and helping the community 23hrs a day...

There are things that are totally unbelievable.. There are things that are NOT his teachings and there are 90% that leave that church and forget everything they heard that hour 1/2 that live all around me... Don't get me started on the Catholics... Saints? Mother of Christ? Golden City? 460million in payoffs in 2005 alone?

I'm not a big fan of science as it changes every 22 years and in 400 the same people that tout it now will look like cavemen... The bible has stayed the same for 2000 years and I think both have their uses and both are grasping.... God/Belief is a beautiful thing: Religion then came along so people can control others...

Whew.. that was just a tad too much info...

I was shocked, confused, bewildered

as I entered Heaven's door,

Not by the beauty of it all,

nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven

who made me sputter and gasp--

the thieves, the liars, the sinners,

the alcoholics, the trash

There stood the kid from seventh grade

who swiped my lunch money twice.

Next to him was my old neighbor

who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought

was rotting away in hell,

was sitting pretty on cloud nine,

looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?

I would love to hear Your take.

How'd all these sinners get up here?

God must've made a mistake.

"And why's everyone so quiet,

so somber? Give me a clue."

"Hush, child," said He, "they're all in shock.

No one thought they'd be seeing you."

Judge NOT.

" Live each day as if you were dying"

I was shocked, confused, bewildered

as I entered Heaven's door,

Not by the beauty of it all,

nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven

who made me sputter and gasp--

the thieves, the liars, the sinners,

the alcoholics, the trash

There stood the kid from seventh grade

who swiped my lunch money twice.

Next to him was my old neighbor

who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought

was rotting away in hell,

was sitting pretty on cloud nine,

looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?

I would love to hear Your take.

How'd all these sinners get up here?

God must've made a mistake.

"And why's everyone so quiet,

so somber? Give me a clue."

"Hush, child," said He, "they're all in shock.

No one thought they'd be seeing you."

Thanks, I like that. :)

Nothing wrong with the way you believe IMO. Throw in believing that only through Christ can you find salvation and you're pretty well rounded. :applause:

Come on. Salvation? Why do people believe that Jesus was the son of God? Because his mother was a virgin? Yeah right! If Mary was a virgin, George W Bush is a smart guy. Jesus was a great MAN but nothing more IMO. Salvation through Jesus is a wonderful thing IMO, but believing its the only way is ignorant and displays a lack of understanding of his teachings.

Come on. Salvation? Why do people believe that Jesus was the son of God? Because his mother was a virgin? Yeah right! If Mary was a virgin, George W Bush is a smart guy. Jesus was a great MAN but nothing more IMO. Salvation through Jesus is a wonderful thing IMO, but believing its the only way is ignorant and displays a lack of understanding of his teachings.

Give a brother props on his take on things and get attacked. Someone need a hug? :laugh:

Believing it's the only way is all the scripture and his teachings tell us. How in the world can you say it displays ignorance and lack of understanding to believe that? You contradict yourself brother, please explain. :munchout:

Give a brother props on his take on things and get attacked. Someone need a hug? :laugh:

Believing it's the only way is all the scripture and his teachings tell us. How in the world can you say it displays ignorance and lack of understanding to believe that? You contradict yourself brother, please explain. :munchout:

Which passages would you reference when Jesus says the only way to salvation is to follow him?

raised pentecostal but have attended a bapist church for the last 10 years.(wife made me do it)

Pentecostal huh? My high school buddy's old man was a Pentecostal Preacher. He would call the Redskins the "Red Gods" because we were into the Skins. Meanwhile he was a huge Baltimore Orioles fan. What a hypocrite.

Archived