Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prisco Power Rankings (merged)

The Ringer

Why is everyone so worked up? This is playing into Gibbs' underdog/everyone is better than us routine... also, all those times in the last decade we've been ranked pre-season in the top 10, we've been complete busts... this is good news, everyone... I was hoping we'd get ranked 18th through 24th...

I hater Dallas with a passion but Dallas was only one game behind us and if they had tied us they would have gone and not us. Owens influence can give them one game easily....if not 3 or 4. He is the single nastiest player to play against in the NFL. He is the best the NFL has to offer. I do believe it will be tough to play against them this year. Their defense was brand new last year and they have some good players that will blossom this year on defense. They have a young O-Line that could gel this offseason. The pukes will be tough. Add the Gits...oops!...Giants....into the mix and it will be a tough year for us. Philly? Time to rebuild, y'all! McNabb will go down this year. And like George Zimmer, "I guarantee it!" Once injured, oft injured. Heck, he can't keep from getting sick in big games. I think picking any of the NFC East teams for first, second or third is very hard but Philly is a no-brainer....They can cheer, "We're #4!" all they want.

Not true..... the first tie breaker would have been head to head, and we beat their sorry asses twice!!

Ok, so technically we were a top 8 team (2nd round of playoffs) and reg. season a top 12 team. Besides LB we havent downgraded and thats debateable. What else is there to bag on us about... Brunell? That dropped us after our additions?

Also, what does it matter how much we pay them? Is that going to effect the team's performance?

Wouldn't pay this thing any mind. He obviously has a problem with the Skins on a personal level. He did not have one positive thing to say about the skins, and didn't have any negatives about any other teams. Such as....

TO in Dallas, great player, can he behave?

Culpeper, can he recover from SERIOUS injury

Mcnabb.. will he be the same

And also he said that replacing Eggerin James in Indy is going to be EZ...

Wrong... indys pass game was so successful because of the Threat that James showed other teams on the ground..

this guy should donate his brain to science.

How can you donate something that doesnt exist:laugh:

They have a young O-Line that could gel this offseason. The pukes will be tough.

LT-Flozell Adams (31 yrs of age)

LG-TBD??? (please oh please oh please let it by Kyle Kosier :D )

C-Andre Gurode (28) or Al Johnson (27)

RG-Marco Rivera (34)

RT-Jason Fabini (32)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm 46 and consider 34 pretty darn young (heck, I consider Ray Brown a youngster) but in NFL terms this is an old line. The only two guys under 30 split time last year because they both stunk.

I just don't understand how we can be picked to be last in our division after we scored over 100 points in the last 3 games of season, which were all against our division opponents. Each one of those teams had the chance to give our Skins the knockout punch and they couldn't do it. Only the Eagles came close and that was at their home and it was a game of pride for them, so they played with alot of heart. So we are 5 and 1 in our division last year and that idiot Prisco picks us to come in last? Our team performed fantastic much of last year and our flawed areas have been greatly improved and otherwise our team is very much intact. Losing Arrington and Ramsey doesn't matter, neither one did anything last year. Ryan Clark is no loss either. The only concern I have at this point is we need Sean Taylor. If we have him and no major injury problems, I don't see how we lose the division. We handled T.O. just fine when he was with Philly, I am glad he is with Dallas, now he can implode that team too. Eli Manning sucks in my opinion. Just another overhyped quarterback. He ain't no Peyton. Jason Campbell looks to me like the real thing. I haven't gotten to see much of him, but what I saw impressed me alot, and that ain't an easy thing to do.

Why is everyone so worked up? This is playing into Gibbs' underdog/everyone is better than us routine... also, all those times in the last decade we've been ranked pre-season in the top 10, we've been complete busts... this is good news, everyone... I was hoping we'd get ranked 18th through 24th...

Would it surprise you in the least if Gibbs had something to do with the pannings so far? While Banks is an outright retard of an entirely different level, it would come as no great shock if Gibbs ASKED these jackaninnies to write this drivel.

Yo man, while are they always hating on the Redskins? They got us last inthe NFC east when the Giants and Eagles aint even did nothing. Yeah the Giants got some old CB and the Eagles got a DE but thats it son. We got Randle El, Archuleta, Carter, AND Lloyd so they needs to give us our props. Dallas got better with TO and Vanderjack but man we still needs more respect than that for real. Fools need to realize we won the NFC last year and they already got us at the bottom.

Prisco is a COMPLETE Moron case closed. He has a sports talk show here in J'ville and he displays his ignorance every for his audience on a wide range of topics. He's no better at forcasting the NFL as he is at anything else just ignore the pip squeek and you'll be better off.

Yo man, while are they always hating on the Redskins? They got us last inthe NFC east when the Giants and Eagles aint even did nothing. Yeah the Giants got some old CB and the Eagles got a DE but thats it son. We got Randle El, Archuleta, Carter, AND Lloyd so they needs to give us our props. Dallas got better with TO and Vanderjack but man we still needs more respect than that for real. Fools need to realize we won the NFC last year and they already got us at the bottom.

This team will not get the respect they deserve no matter what. These fools will still try to sugar coat every victory just like last season the beat down of the Cowboys .. It wasn't about what the Skins did it was all about what the Cowboys didn't do :doh: etc etc etc.

They should be though.

WR#2-Upgrade* plus we retained old starters for rotation

WR#3-Upgrade* plus we retained old starters for rotation

DE-Upgrade *plus we retained old starters for rotation

Can you honestly say that you don't feel that that is an accurate assessment of the changes? Unlike the last couple of seasons there isn't a single player that the coaching staff wanted to retain that we didn't keep.

Do you really think that if the Patriots had made these moves Prisco and his ilk wouldn't be swooning over them? Like you I don't believe that Prisco has it out for the Skins but as was mentioned earlier he is lazy and opinionated. He sees the total $ amounts of the contracts we doled out and lets it cloud his judgement of the actual effect that the moves has on the team. Instead of actually noticing how the contracts are structured. Eventually some team he has a woody for will do the same thing and he will croon how smart they are.

I can honestly say that rather or not Ranel El is an upgrade at reciever remains to be seem. Also, Llyod is probably an upgrade but he has not lived up to his potential IMO. But again how good he will be remains to be seen. Now the moves on defense I have no problem with and would agree that those moves are upgrades. The only problem I have is the fact that we have two SS that are both lacking when it comes to coverage. But we can overcome this with good cover corners. Which remains to be seen.

All in all the only way I see to get the media or analysts on "our side" is to consistently win games. A winning season will prove everyone wrong. We shall see.

This Idiot has no clue..

Giants #9 , Dallas #10 , and Eagles #11 .....

Here are a few things for them to think about:

1. We Swept Dallas

2. We Swept Eagles

3. Split with the Giants

4. Only NFC East Team to advance into the playoffs (Giants got blown out)

5. We have the exact same core of players from last year.

6. We have already addressed several gaping issues in our offense

a. Offensive Coach

b. Added threat recievers

7. Most of our injured players are recovered

8. We are the next Super Bowl Champs

I ask you what in the world is he smoking .... Pete Prisco you are the bama of the week ...week...week ..... PS he will be on the Skins Wagon come week 5. when we are 5-0 and 1 monster of a team.

Edgerrin makes that offense work???? That is by far the silliest thing I have ever read. The Colts will draft a running back.........any running back and they won't miss a step. Edg had very little to do with the success of that team. You think teams prepare for the colts by saying "We got to stop the run"???? PUH-LEASE They worry about one thing and one thing only. Stop Peyton Manning.

And another thing. I have read at least a dozen threads about blasting a dozen articles written by a dozen writers and they all have said the same thing. Skins didn't do very well in free agency for whatever reason.....talent, overpaid for it....etc etc. and everyone in here keeps screaming how biased they are.

Have you ever stepped back, looked at the situation and thought, "Gee, maybe what we did wasn't that great". Take the homer glasses off and look at what you did. You think a dozen sportswriters are all wrong? You think a dozen sportswriters really have a grudge against the skins? Why? What have they done in the last 15 years to warrant the media to hate them? It sure isn't from winning too many games.

Really break down what you did in free agency.

Archuleta. A little above average. Good against the run, not great in coverage.

ARE.......Good special teamer. Never done anything else of note in the NFL

Lloyd......Drops alot of passes. Always has

Carter.... had a couple off years, if he goes back in a DE scheme, maybe he'll rebound, but the jury is certainly out on him.

Combine the above with the money dolled and and really ask yourself if you can see why a dozen different sportswriters haven't given you any respect.

Well its obvious why YOU feel that these sportswriters are correct.. Because your a dallas fan.. and need to grasp onto somthing to make you feel better about your awful team that is going to be on the field this year. How can you even say the skins did bad in free agency when the Cowboys did that much worse. Overpaying for a loudmouth showboat cancer of a WR that HAS NEVER EVER behaved in his life. What makes you think he is going to be any different in Dallas... where the fans are actually as ignorant as the owner.

First to address the Edge statement. I guess you didn't watch many games this year but when Indy was killing teams it was when YES they were playing pass. but the running Style of Edgerin james was perfect for the type of running he had to do.. he always had to beat atleast 2 linebackers.. Also maybe you don't watch the important parts of football like, PROtecting the QB..(of course you don't in Dallas) but edge picked up blitzs as well as any back in the league.

one thing about our Free agency was all young talent buddy. All you got was an old a##hole.... Have fun taking two to the head from the skins again this year.. you can BANK on that.

Learn somthing about football then talk to me later Brokeback mountain

Archived