Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT (Insider) - Taylor trial still set for April 10

JimmiJo

http://insider.washingtontimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20060331-114330-6522r

(Requires Free Account)

Taylor trial still set for April 10

April 1, 2006

It appears Sean Taylor is headed for trial after all. Negotiations between lawyers for the Washington Redskins safety and Florida state's attorneys on possibly altering the charges that Taylor faces proved fruitless yesterday. So each side is expected to report to Judge Mary Barzee on Tuesday that it will be ready for the oft-postponed trial to begin as scheduled April 10 in Miami.

Taylor, who turned 23 today, faces a maximum of 46 years in prison: 15 years on each of three felony assault charges and one year on a simple battery charge. All four counts stem from an incident June 1 in Miami that Taylor's attorneys say began when some of the state's witnesses stole two of his all-terrain vehicles. Prosecutors said Taylor fired shots at three men in retaliation.

Click on link for full article...

All four counts stem from an incident June 1 in Miami that Taylor's attorneys say began when some of the state's witnesses stole two of his all-terrain vehicles.

So remember, if your gonna steal a vehicle, steal it in Florida.

You'll be a HERO!

:peaceout: <-----Fla. states attorney

I know it sounds like the prosecution has a weak case but isn't anyone a bit uneasy about the fact that prison time is even possible for our star safety? Sure, we have AA now, but his impact on the program isn't much if he just replaces ST.

Blah.

Get it over with. I hope ST has the right guys representing him.

I've been twisting my stomach into knots since last year when it first happened. Then again, I'm the type to expect the worst and hope for the best - usually ends up in a lot of unnecessary worrying...:doh:

I hope it turns out ok...for his sake, not ours.

http://insider.washingtontimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20060331-114330-6522r

(Requires Free Account)

April 1, 2006

It appears Sean Taylor is headed for trial after all. Negotiations between lawyers for the Washington Redskins safety and Florida state's attorneys on possibly altering the charges that Taylor faces proved fruitless yesterday. So each side is expected to report to Judge Mary Barzee on Tuesday that it will be ready for the oft-postponed trial to begin as scheduled April 10 in Miami.

Taylor, who turned 23 today, faces a maximum of 46 years in prison: 15 years on each of three felony assault charges and one year on a simple battery charge. All four counts stem from an incident June 1 in Miami that Taylor's attorneys say began when some of the state's witnesses stole two of his all-terrain vehicles. Prosecutors said Taylor fired shots at three men in retaliation.

this is the first time that i have heard about any shots being fired by ST. until now it was merely brandishing a handgun. i think the times needs to hire some real reporters.

WE DON'T SHOOT AT THEIFS IN FLORIDA!!!!

That's the first time I've actually read he fired shots..I thought he just brandished the weapon.

I also read where there are holes in his SUV? right? so he shot his own vehicle?

the reporting on this has been well.... normal for the media..crappy as hell

According to all documents, Sean Taylor's SUV was shot after the incident while Sean Taylor was inside at a party. Our expert witness Chuck Norris states that even if shots were fired at Sean Taylor they would stop before they hit him in fear of hurting themselves. Chuck Norris is scheduled to testify April 11th, so the trial should not last more than 2 days.

That's the first time I've actually read he fired shots..I thought he just brandished the weapon.

I also read where there are holes in his SUV? right? so he shot his own vehicle?

the reporting on this has been well.... normal for the media..crappy as hell

Uh, yeah me too. Since when did he fire shots? I though he just pulled a gun. Of course the paper could be wrong. But, this could SUCK!

(Requires Free Account)

All four counts stem from an incident June 1 in Miami that Taylor's attorneys say began when some of the state's witnesses stole two of his all-terrain vehicles. Prosecutors said Taylor fired shots at three men in retaliation.

Last time I checked, the specifics about his charges were that Taylor "brandished" a weapon...which is a far-cry from actually shooting it at them. Isn't that attempted murder in that case as opposed to assault? :doh1:

:cool: I can totally understand how a multi-millionaire athletic NFL superstar needs to use a gun to get back his multi-thousand dollar dirt buggies, and risk his career with possible prison time.

But hey, at least he got them back, right?

:doh:

Anyways I hope this lunacy ends soon with ST back in burgundy & gold, and not the orange jumpsuit.:point2sky

This is the first I have heard of the prosecutors' claim that ST fired shots.

Here's the entire article:

April 1, 2006

It appears Sean Taylor is headed for trial after all. Negotiations between lawyers for the Washington Redskins safety and Florida state's attorneys on possibly altering the charges that Taylor faces proved fruitless yesterday. So each side is expected to report to Judge Mary Barzee on Tuesday that it will be ready for the oft-postponed trial to begin as scheduled April?10 in Miami.

Taylor, who turned 23 today, faces a maximum of 46 years in prison: 15 years on each of three felony assault charges and one year on a simple battery charge. All four counts stem from an incident June?1 in Miami that Taylor's attorneys say began when some of the state's witnesses stole two of his all-terrain vehicles. Prosecutors said Taylor fired shots at three men in retaliation.

The fifth pick in the 2004 draft, Taylor has been a mainstay of Washington defenses that ranked in the top 10 during his two seasons. Pierson Prioleau would join newly acquired Adam Archuleta as a starter, with only practice squad member Curry Burns in reserve if Taylor was found guilty and imprisoned.

Meanwhile, restricted free agent Ade Jimoh signed his $722,000 tender with the Redskins. For the moment, Jimoh, who played mostly on special teams during his first three seasons, is the No.?3 corner behind starters Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers.

-- David Elfin

Archived