Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's draft Vince Young

Crazyhorse1

come on guys, let him have his opinion. that is an interesting outlook on it, because regardless of who wins, we could always trade the loser for draft picks. However, Id rather see JC duking out a proven vet then another unproven rookie. As for the rest of you, calm down! your acting like he demands Joe Gibbs resignation or something...

Calling this trade a "reach" is a bit of an understatement dont you think. Even if we were to somehow miraculously get Young, surely this is undermining an entire draft strategy and wasting a whole year of planning (last years draft...). In that light, im sorry, but i cant find anything positive about this idea.

Who doubts that Young will be a great NFL quarterback? Why? How much is a "great" NFL QB worth?

I think we're a great qb away from a small dynasty. Who disagrees with that? Let's go for it. Imagine coverage problems a guy like Young causes and then try to figure out who is going to be covering our receivers while he's out there and you come up with the image of Redskins running up and down the field unchecked, unimpeded.

so, why are there 2 of the exact same threads on the front page started by the same person? I think someone needs some attention. :rolleyes:

edit - oops..just looked at age. We always beat down young posters so...I guess senility is setting in huh? ( sorry to the older crowd, just felt fair is fair :D ). now GET OFF THE LAWN! :laugh:

I don't think that anyone is doubting that Vince Young will be a decent QB in the this year's draft. With that said I think you can figure out what it is that everyone is calling so crazy...

You're suggesting a Mike Ditka approach of giving away your entire draft for Ricky Williams. I thought that was great btw. Too bad we didn't get anyone worth a poo from it.

In summary: Bad Idea.

Crazy Horse I will agree that Vince Young is a talented player that should expand on the "mobile running QB style", hell he might even out-play Vick. Even if he the answer to all of the QB problems the Skins will have for the next decade, we won't get him. Now I like this idea if everything played out, but clearly a huge trade with draft picks and David Patten will not close the deal with a high drafting team.

An investment was made with JC and until reports prove otherwise he is Coach Gibbs choice for the future. I believe in what Joe Gibbs does for the team and the organization and his judgement is consistently sound.

I won't completely dismiss this idea because many people outside of the organization believed that Free Agency would be a disaster (I know pre collective barganing agreement) . If this is really going to work I would detail all of the possible facets of this upgraded draft so a deal might be considered (representatives do read this board)...otherwise what's the point? I cannot see how this could happen, enlighten us.

Oh yeah golf is boring and for old-people.

Still, let's package our top picks, throw in Patten, and trade high enough up to draft Vince Young.

My answer: If Campbell beats out Young, so much the better. We can then trade Young for a top DE and CB. But I'm willing to bet that's not going to happen, not even the first year. Young would be out there before the first year ends, then in the SB the second.

Young's a Big Ben, but better.

Do you have any idea what it would take to get in the top 5 or 10? I'll give you a hint. We don't have it unless you are talking about giving up Clinton Portis, Sean Taylor or Marcus Washington plus picks.

Secondly, if Vince Young can't beat out Jason Campbell we aren't getting anything of value in trade.

Lastly, Vince Young may not be as good as what we have on the roster.

This idea is extremely silly.

I like your idea Horse ... but it will take very large balls ... something the Skins organization sadly lacks. Imagine Young and Campbell sitting on the pine jiving while Brunell is out there fumblin around and throwing the ball in the ground or behind his receivers.

Archived