Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's draft Vince Young

Crazyhorse1

No, I'm not...well, yeah, maybe, I am, but...insane. Still, let's package our top picks, throw in Patten, and trade high enough up to draft Vince Young.

Here's my worry: Brunell will soon be a casualty and Campbell is just another guy who can or cannot play in the NFL, depending on conditions. Frankly, he's untested.

Here's my conviction: Vince Young is going to one of the top super stars in football, the very guy Michael Vick was supposed to be. I don't really care how he throws the football.

Yeah, yeah. I know what you're going to say. Well, what about Campbell?

My answer: If Campbell beats out Young, so much the better. We can then trade Young for a top DE and CB. But I'm willing to bet that's not going to happen, not even the first year. Young would be out there before the first year ends, then in the SB the second.

Young's a Big Ben, but better.

You are crazy. No way would we consider drafting Young. Besides I would rather have Leinart or Cutler.

I think somebody bet Om he couldn't use the words "fiendish nefariousness" in a thread today. You win again, Om. :applause:

Actually, the bet was that no one would bust me on the redundancy of the quote for at least 2 hours. I'm lookin' good at the moment.

Oh ... ****. :)

No, I'm not...well, yeah, maybe, I am, but...insane. Still, let's package our top picks, throw in Patten, and trade high enough up to draft Vince Young.

Here's my worry: Brunell will soon be a casualty and Campbell is just another guy who can or cannot play in the NFL, depending on conditions. Frankly, he's untested.

Here's my conviction: Vince Young is going to one of the top super stars in football, the very guy Michael Vick was supposed to be. I don't really care how he throws the football.

My answer: If Campbell beats out Young, so much the better. We can then trade Young for a top DE and CB. But I'm willing to bet that's not going to happen, not even the first year. Young would be out there before the first year ends, then in the SB the second.

Dude Vince Young is a guy who can or cannot play in the NFL,depending on conditions. I am so sick and tired of hearing about JC's inabilities....dont you worry your little heart ... when the JC train starts you'll be on board ...

Edited to remove the unecessary, vulgar personal attack ... this shortly AFTER a moderator made a huge public point of suggesting people might want to stop doing exactly that.

Om

Please. Some of us are objective. Looks like we have an east coast hater. I guess Doug Flutie should be a great QB based on that fluke win they had against Miami. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are flukes at the college level all the time. Flutie was an okay QB but not a QB that can win a SB at the pro level. And he had opportunities.

LOL, since I have neither ties to California or Texas I have no problem being objective. Vince Young had a great year last year. The game against USC was hardly a fluke when you consider the fact that he had bigger numbers during the year.

Now whether he can bring his game to the Pro level and be successful is a different story.

And I'm not sure what the Doug Flutie reference is for because he was hardly a fluke. He had a great college career and won the heisman BEFORE the hail mary pass against Miami. Just because he wasn't a great QB in the NFL hardly defines him as a fluke. The landscape of the NFL is littered with QBs who were great in college that couldn't cut it in the pros.

I don't think you should be drinking and coming up with ideas. let's give the guy his day before we go out and give up some more draft picks for another QB. Please do some reseach for yourself before you write stuff like this.

be ture to the skins:doh:

No need to get hostile. A few facts might be in order here. People can judge for themselves.

............................. Rating ........Completion Per

2003 Vince Young.......130.64 ........ 58.7

2004 Vince Young.......128.37 ........ 59.2

2005 Vince Young.......163.95 ........ 66.2

Lies, Damn Lies and Stats-----I noticed you failed to note his TD-Int ratios.

2003......6 TD......7 Int.....78.6 NFL QB Rating

2004.....12 TD......11 Int...79.9 NFL QB Rating

2005.....26 TD......10 Int...109.2 NFL QB Rating

Now let's compare him to Jason Campbell

2002......149.23...........63.1............11 TD.........5 Int........99.6 NFL QB Rating

2003......132.57...........61.8............10 TD.........8 Int........85.8 NFL QB Rating

2004......172.89...........69.6............20 TD.........7 Int........115.6 NFL QB Rating

Looks like we did okay.

Lies, Damn Lies and Stats-----I noticed you failed to note his TD-Int ratios.

2003......6 TD......7 Int.....78.6 NFL QB Rating

2004.....12 TD......11 Int...79.9 NFL QB Rating

2005.....26 TD......10 Int...109.2 NFL QB Rating

Now let's compare him to Jason Campbell

2002......149.23...........63.1............11 TD.........5 Int........99.6 NFL QB Rating

2003......132.57...........61.8............10 TD.........8 Int........85.8 NFL QB Rating

2004......172.89...........69.6............20 TD.........7 Int........115.6 NFL QB Rating

Looks like we did okay.

If you all would pay attention to what is going on you would see that this is not a convo. about who is BETTer.

Its a convo that is trying to show you vince haters that he is a GREAT prospect and doesn't suck.. as much as you all would like to think....

I love cambell and i hope he does well...But at the same time I am extremly impressed with Young.

You guys get sand in your pants about anyone speaking ill of Cambell. Well sorry we will be objective here and just because someone doesn't wear the burgandy and gold doesn't mean they are not good.

For example....

TO is the best reciever in the league, best playmaker, and he is a cowboy and a punk to boot. Doesn't mean I wouldn't give him his respect as a player.

True redskin fans are objective about all players, regardless of team. If your not then you are probably one of those guys at the game that ruins season ticketholders time.

Change your name to Retardhorse1.

:doh:

If you all would pay attention to what is going on you would see that this is not a convo. about who is BETTer.

Its a convo that is trying to show you vince haters that he is a GREAT prospect and doesn't suck.. as much as you all would like to think....

I love cambell and i hope he does well...But at the same time I am extremly impressed with Young.

I am not trying to put down Young. In fact I have responded to both sides in this.

My take is that it would be idiotic for the Skins to trade up to get him. We don't know if he is going to be a better Pro than Jason Campbell. Vince Young was a great college player last year and deserved every accolade he received. But to move up into position to draft him we would have to give up a buttload after having given up a buttload to get Campbell last year. And frankly Campbell and Young's career paths are very similar.

I rather just forfeit our next two years of picks than have Vince "duh" Young. At least we'd save the cap space. Although, you have to love a guy who scored low enough on his intelligence test to get the same number on his QB jersey.

I am not trying to put down Young. In fact I have responded to both sides in this.

My take is that it would be idiotic for the Skins to trade up to get him. We don't know if he is going to be a better Pro than Jason Campbell. Vince Young was a great college player last year and deserved every accolade he received. But to move up into position to draft him we would have to give up a buttload after having given up a buttload to get Campbell last year. And frankly Campbell and Young's career paths are very similar.

I don't think trading up for young is a good idea either.. trust me.. I would pick someone else if we were to get that high of a pick... Plus I honestly believe that we would have to have the #1 or 2 pick to get young because as much as those teams say they won't... i think they will.. but thats just a thought....

Wonderlic has nothing to do with football and a lot of other "smart" qbs have done awful and some horrid QBs have scored great.... so it really tells nothing..

my sole reason in this trend was to defend the young bashing...he is a great prospect and so far he has givin no one reason to say otherwise... JC is good too and i hope he becomes the best player washington has ever seen..

Fact remains,, Vince young is the BEST player in the draft... period

That is far from a fact. It might end up being true but it is far from certain right now. I remember people saying the same thing about Heath Shuler back in 1994. Not saying that Young is Shuler but there are plenty of can't miss prospects that weren't great in the NFL.

Other than speed, what do you think Vince actually excells at? He never played a defense in college ranked higher than 30th against the pass. The speed of NFL defenses is so much faster than in college than team will not have to leave his WR's in single coverage.

That is far from a fact. It might end up being true but it is far from certain right now. I remember people saying the same thing about Heath Shuler back in 1994. Not saying that Young is Shuler but there are plenty of can't miss prospects that weren't great in the NFL.

Correction.. Heath Shuler WAS the best player in the draft... but he flopped.

I said Vince young is the best player in the draft. And I feel he has the tools be be great in the league.

Tom brady was the worst player in the draft... look now...

The only question I ask is what are you basing your opinions on... his college career... if so... then he has shown that he can dominate some of the top programs and players in the country.

There are two things you must remember..

you can't teach size.. and you can't teach speed.

Vince has both of those.. period..

Other than speed, what do you think Vince actually excells at? He never played a defense in college ranked higher than 30th against the pass. The speed of NFL defenses is so much faster than in college than team will not have to leave his WR's in single coverage.

He would have done the same thing to any other D, period.

Also show some stats to back up your claims of his compititon level. i am interested to see...

also remember... the speed of a NFL O line is much fast than college, as are recievers much better, also running backs, and coaches....

unlike other option qbs.. vince young looked to pass first and run if he needed to. And if you actually watched these games you would see that most teams were playing him to stop the run, which obviously is his best weapon.. but he still torched them through the air...

By the way

Ohio State had probably the best D in the Country.

Archived