Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's draft Vince Young

Crazyhorse1

Man you know NOTHING about football. First off, we would never draft Young. You say JC is untested, where was Young tested? College football success is not an accurate measure of how well a player will do in the nfl (see Danny Wuerffel).

Second, do you have any idea how much it takes to move up in a draft. Package our picks and throw in Patten, that wouldn't even move us up much in the second round.

Please keep these rediculous/inane/plain dumb thoughts off this board - you make Skin fans look bad.

Thank you. Plus..what has a QB that runs better then he passes ever won in this league???????????

Young was lucky in the national championship game. But do you actually think he can do those things in the NFL and not get his clock cleaned on a regular basis??? Ask Michael Vick about running around!!!

Gzzzzzz. If it wasn't even for that fluke game Young played against USC this thread wouldn't even exist. Learn about the pro game of football. :doh: :rolleyes:

No, I'm not...well, yeah, maybe, I am, but...insane. Still, let's package our top picks, throw in Patten, and trade high enough up to draft Vince Young.

Here's my worry: Brunell will soon be a casualty and Campbell is just another guy who can or cannot play in the NFL, depending on conditions. Frankly, he's untested.

Here's my conviction: Vince Young is going to one of the top super stars in football, the very guy Michael Vick was supposed to be. I don't really care how he throws the football.

Yeah, yeah. I know what you're going to say. Well, what about Campbell?

My answer: If Campbell beats out Young, so much the better. We can then trade Young for a top DE and CB. But I'm willing to bet that's not going to happen, not even the first year. Young would be out there before the first year ends, then in the SB the second.

Young's a Big Ben, but better.

:doh:

:slap:

No, I'm not...well, yeah, maybe, I am, but...insane. Still, let's package our top picks, throw in Patten, and trade high enough up to draft Vince Young.

Here's my worry: Brunell will soon be a casualty and Campbell is just another guy who can or cannot play in the NFL, depending on conditions. Frankly, he's untested.

Here's my conviction: Vince Young is going to one of the top super stars in football, the very guy Michael Vick was supposed to be. I don't really care how he throws the football.

My answer: If Campbell beats out Young, so much the better. We can then trade Young for a top DE and CB. But I'm willing to bet that's not going to happen, not even the first year. Young would be out there before the first year ends, then in the SB the second.

Put down the pipe please.

first, some team is going to draft him in the top 15 of this years draft.

second, we dont need another QB

third, he's going to be a bust at QB and will end up playing TE or WR in the league within a few years.

Guest santana4prez
No, I know that Lord Gibbs will mold Campbell into a superstar. No doubts.

In 2007 the Campbell era begins , for this coming up season its all BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that its silly to say that vince young would be picked by the skins. We already have cambell. But anyone who says that vince young isn't going to be successful in the NFL has no football knowledge outside of what is said but certain sportswriters at ESPN. I don't care how he throws.. fact remains he is a 6-5 240 pound, qb that runs like a reciever... However I would say that if the skins had a chance to pick Young instead of cambell then they would make that change in a heartbeat.

Vince young is the best player in the draft this year. And will have an extremly successful NFL career. I just hope never in the NFC.

Thank you. Plus..what has a QB that runs better then he passes ever won in this league???????????

Young was lucky in the national championship game. But do you actually think he can do those things in the NFL and not get his clock cleaned on a regular basis??? Ask Michael Vick about running around!!!

Gzzzzzz. If it wasn't even for that fluke game Young played against USC this thread wouldn't even exist. Learn about the pro game of football. :doh: :rolleyes:

You sound like the idiot in this one. Just because young doesn't fit into the skins plans... doesn't mean he isn't good.

Fluke? sorry no such thing at that level of athletics buddy. Was his entire great career at texas a fluke.

then again opinions are like a**$#@ everyones got one... no matter how silly..

you need to wipe...

And the beat goes on.

One guy starts a goofy thread designed simply to get a rise outta people ... and predictably, 90% of respondents start jumping up and down and hollering.

Somewhere, the thread starter smiles, reveling in his fiendish nefariousness.

LOL, looks like we have a bitter one-peat USC fan.

And the beat goes on.

One guy starts a goofy thread designed simply to get a rise outta people ... and predictably, 90% of respondents start jumping up and down and hollering.

So true.

You sound like the idiot in this one. Just because young doesn't fit into the skins plans... doesn't mean he isn't good.

Fluke? sorry no such thing at that level of athletics buddy. Was his entire great career at texas a fluke.

then again opinions are like a**$#@ everyones got one... no matter how silly..

you need to wipe...

You don't know what your talking about. As usual. Vince Young had ONE good passing year at Texas. One. And that was the last year. So this "whole career" thing your talking about is a bunch of bull.

The previous year, he was god awful in completion percentage. Remember when Oklahoma beat the stuffing out of him???

Please...there are a whole lot of flukes at the college level. Remember Ron Powlus out of Notre Dame???? Suppose to be the next great QB???? Flukes happen all the time. And QB that run better then they pass have never won jack at the pro level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And opinions are like A****** and you get to have one but it is stupid as hell because if you knew anything about the pro game, you'd know QB similar to Young (Vick) don't win the big one buddy.

Learn about the pro game and get back to us later. :rolleyes: :laugh:

LOL, looks like we have a bitter one-peat USC fan.

Please. Some of us are objective. Looks like we have an east coast hater. I guess Doug Flutie should be a great QB based on that fluke win they had against Miami. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There are flukes at the college level all the time. Flutie was an okay QB but not a QB that can win a SB at the pro level. And he had opportunities.

I thought Young was the best college player in the U.S. not only last season, but also the season before. Check stats. I've wanted the guy for two years as the perfect complement for Portis, and now much more so that we have Moss, Randal El, Cooley, and Lloyd, all of whom adjust superbly to a mobile quarterback.

It's wrong I think to underrate Young's passing ability. He has a strong arm and is extremely accurate; otherwise, he could be stopped on the ground. His reputation as a questionable passer is based solely on his style of delivery...people forget off-setting factors: his mobility and ability to find open passing lanes and height (6'5") more than off-set that flaw.

I also think it wrong to call him stupid. I've known many men who were the opposite of intellectual who were brilliant "gamers" on the field. He's proven he's one of those guys. For that matter, I'm willing to bet Ramsey tests much brighter than Brunell in the classroom. I don't think he does on the field.

You don't know what your talking about. As usual. Vince Young had ONE good passing year at Texas. One. And that was the last year. So this "whole career" thing your talking about is a bunch of bull.

The previous year, he was god awful in completion percentage. Remember when Oklahoma beat the stuffing out of him???

Please...there are a whole lot of flukes at the college level. Remember Ron Powlus out of Notre Dame???? Suppose to be the next great QB???? Flukes happen all the time. And QB that run better then they pass have never won jack at the pro level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And opinions are like A****** and you get to have one but it is stupid as hell because if you knew anything about the pro game, you'd know QB similar to Young (Vick) don't win the big one buddy.

Sorry you don't have GOD awful passing years and still be in the running for player of the year...

I was speaking on the USC TEXAS game.... in terms of fluke. Texas beating USC was no fluke.. perhaps the fluke was an overated USC D.. if that is what you are talking about.

Vince youngs performance against the trojans will be considered one of the best performances in NCAA history.

I guess since you such an EXPERT on the NFL game.. then you don't have time to watch college, so i guess your right..

You prepared to put any sort of wager on Youngs success.. because I am.

Keep in mind. Young is 6-5 and 240.. vick is prob 6-2 if he is lucky and much smaller...

Your obviously not a young or texas fan.. i am not either, but i am smart enough to be objective about a player... and in this case a great college player, who has the POTENTIAL to to be a great pro.

You just sound stupid saying the word FLUKE in regards to his performance in the national championship. Sound like a little kid that lost to his brother in a game of madden or somthing.

I like the thought of Young as a Redskin. However, we'd have 2 young unproven QBs. We have Campbell and we don't need another rookie QB until he proves he cannot play. Therefore, we need two vets along with Campbell.

Stop Smoking....... :doh:

No need to get hostile. A few facts might be in order here. People can judge for themselves.

............................. Rating ........Completion Per.

2003 Vince Young.......130.64 ........ 58.7

2004 Vince Young.......128.37 ........ 59.2

2005 Vince Young.......163.95 ........ 66.2

Yes. Young bombed his intelligence test with an unbelievably low score and people are backing away from him because of his delivery. Rumor has it we could drop as low as fifteen. I would try to get a draft pick below fifteen with our 2nd and Patten and then add sweetens in the form of this years' picks until I was low enough to get him. We have others I would throw into the mix if I needed to-- no first stringers, of course.

One reason for doing this is that we can fill other needs by picking up low priced FAs for other needs, which are not many or pronounced. I concede this would be a foolish thing to do if Brunell were sound. He is not sound. We are foolish to proceed with a suspect Brunell, a wholly inadequate Collins, and only one option at QB. We need not only another option, but a possibly great option who will likely be an upgrade and throw us over the top.

And the beat goes on.

The guy started two threads in a span of some seven hours.

If I recall some landslide proportion of the membership and administration here were in favor a "no thread group" in the hopes of eliminating the silly and redundant threads (which this is both). In the same thread discussing the new group seveal mods championed the membership for "policing" the boards.

Mock the 90% if you like but they are only doing as they are told.

If were gonna sell the farm for a Vince Young trade perhaps we should reconsider the Peyton Manning deals that were discussed a few weeks ago.

If I recall some landslide proportion of the membership and administration here were in favor a "no thread group" in the hopes of eliminating the silly and redundant threads (which this is both). In the same thread discussing the new group seveal mods championed the membership for "policing" the boards.

Don’t be disingenuous. I tweaked the thread starter for what appears pretty obvious rabble-rousing right off the top. Since then, at least he's changed the debate from whether the Skins should utterly change course on their carefully laid plans and throw all their eggs into the Vince Young basket now ... to a discussion on Young's chances of succeeding in the NFL. Big difference.

Meanwhile, you're apparently equating our asking the board to help police itself with this:

wow... thats all i have to say... wow.
go fly a kite
:insane::insane::insane::insane::rubeyes:crazyhorsesass
Man you know NOTHING about football. First off, we would never draft Young. You say JC is untested, where was Young tested? College football success is not an accurate measure of how well a player will do in the nfl (see Danny Wuerffel).

Second, do you have any idea how much it takes to move up in a draft. Package our picks and throw in Patten, that wouldn't even move us up much in the second round.

Please keep these rediculous/inane/plain dumb thoughts off this board - you make Skin fans look bad.

wth is wrong with you? You create a second thread so even more people can call you stupid?
you're 62 years old......
im going to crawl under my bed and cry... ive never seen anything so sad in my life...
:stfu: :sucks: :bsflag: :wtf: :whippin: :stick:
this is stupid in so many different dimensions, I just don't know what to say.
Everytime I read a post like that it hurts. I can't believe you are a fan of the same team as me. If you are that dumb you should be a Dallas fan. Vince Young is so hit or miss. I got an idea lets build something called a time machine and go way back and draft Brett Farve. And, bring a 21 year old Darrell Green back to us.
so, why are there 2 of the exact same threads on the front page started by the same person? I think someone needs some attention. :rolleyes:

edit - oops..just looked at age. We always beat down young posters so...I guess senility is setting in huh? ( sorry to the older crowd, just felt fair is fair :D ). now GET OFF THE LAWN! :laugh:

Get a life.
Vince Young is as idiotic as this idea.....
well this is maybe the worst thread of all time
cocaine is a hell of a drug
Clean up on isle DUH!
:doh:

:slap:

Put down the pipe please.

first, some team is going to draft him in the top 15 of this years draft.

second, we dont need another QB

third, he's going to be a bust at QB and will end up playing TE or WR in the league within a few years.

Stop Smoking....... :doh:

If that's what you think we were asking, you really haven't been paying attention.

If were gonna sell the farm for a Vince Young trade perhaps we should reconsider the Peyton Manning deals that were discussed a few weeks ago.

I wonder what expertise qualifies you to mock my suggestion as silly. I played major college football, was invited to camp by the Dallas Cowboys, coached football on the High School level, and have followed the Redskins for over fifty years. Do you have credentials equal or superior to mine? Perhaps you can explain to me why the suggestion is silly rather than just saying it is?

Also, in what way is my post redundant?

Is there something wrong with my starting two threads in seven hours?

Archived