Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crime Strikes Yours Truly for the First Time!

stwasm

Hey, all!

I've lived in the D.C. Metro area all of my life and, up until Saturday, I have been blessed enough to not be a victim of a crime. Don't worry, I'm not hurt or anything like that. But, someone stole the hubcaps off my car. I drove around that morning, running errands and I recall them being on the car, then. Later that evening, as I was going out, I approached my car and thought, "Aw, I lost a hubcap." Then, as I got closer, I saw the rear one missing and I pretty much knew what I was going to see when I checked the other side.

I'm more stunned than anything else. It could have been much worse. They could have smashed my windows and stolen the car. The fact that I just lost hubcaps, while an inconvenience, is good trade-off on the alternative. Just one of those things, I guess. :rolleyes:

Hey, all!

I've lived in the D.C. Metro area all of my life and, up until Saturday, I have been blessed enough to not be a victim of a crime. Don't worry, I'm not hurt or anything like that. But, someone stole the hubcaps off my car. I drove around that morning, running errands and I recall them being on the car, then. Later that evening, as I was going out, I approached my car and thought, "Aw, I lost a hubcap." Then, as I got closer, I saw the rear one missing and I pretty much knew what I was going to see when I checked the other side.

I'm more stunned than anything else. It could have been much worse. They could have smashed my windows and stolen the car. The fact that I just lost hubcaps, while an inconvenience, is good trade-off on the alternative. Just one of those things, I guess. :rolleyes:

Were they gold or something?!?

That sucks, quality hub caps can set you back a bit. I lost one on my van some time back, and went to the dealer for a replacment. $78 for one friggin cap :mad:

My van isn't anything special, so I hit the ol Walmart and got a set of far less costly, and far lower quality.

You realise, now, you have to become a conservative, right? It's in the rules.

• A conservative is a liberal who got mugged.
  • A liberal is a conservative who got laid off.
  • A Libertarian is a conservative under indictment.

Minor crime is like minor surgery...It's minor when it happens to someone else.

Look on the bright side stwasm. Maybe the SOB ran in front of a Metro bus somewhere as he was fleeing the scene. One can only hope. :fingersx:

Hey, all!

Wow, I'm just amazed that you're the same age as me, and this is the first time you're a victim of a crime. I also grew up in DC, and now live in Falls Church, VA.

I had the GT centercaps of my '68 Ford Torino GT Convertible stolen when I was in college. I was pissed, not just because they were stolen, but they're hard to find and replace.

Let's see, crimes I've been a victim of:

1. Had my wallet stolen.

2. Had my hubcaps stolen (see above).

3. Had my car stereo stolen.

4. Had my car stolen.

5. With a group of friends, had a gun pointed at us and asked "Which one of you wants your head blown off first?" (Long story)

6. Growing up, our house was robbed at least twice.

I've gotta say I think you've been lucky.

Archived