Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has there been any talk of Lloyd...

cscmtp

being the #2 starting WR or is it a given it will be Randle El based on the size of the contract? Just not sure if Gibbs or any of the staff have commented yet. Does anyone know? Have any inside info? I need to make a decision on a FF trade in a big money league, and am trying to figure out who's more likely to be the #2 guy this year...

Good question. I've always taken it as a given that Lloyd will be the #2, but money does seem to matter to some people on the field.

That being said, I think Lloyd will eventually get an extension equal to the value of El's new contract.

Then Santana better make more too in an extension.

Santana's contract is almost exacltly the same. As will be lloyds IMO. And Andre Carter, Adam Archuleta, Shawn Springs, Cornelius Griffin and Marcus Washington.

There all about 6 for 30 mill. But the catch is that they are all big signing bonuses/ Roster bonuses with a lot of incentives. And a base minimum in the first few years of their deal.

So as long as your play indicates your a big time player you get payed like one.

So basically out of Santana and EL. Whoever's putting up the numbers is making more money. So I would assume bith will get payed (because the will produce) but Santana will get payed more.

Yeah but Santana at the 1. B Lloyd at the 2. El in the slot. Cooley at the TE/H-Back. CP in the backfield. A veteran QB/ A young QB with star potential With a good line coached by Joe Bugel, The Offense Ran by Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs overlooking the whole situation.

That O looks nasty.

Things of course may change once training camp starts.

But the way I see it for now, Lloyd will be #2 with ARE being #3.

However, I see ARE being used very much like Brian Mitchell in his prime was used. I think you're going to see ARE not only throw the ball on options but I predict we'll see him take snaps under center and from the shotgun and give him run/pass options just like B-Mitch got from time to time.

When ARE mentioned in his press conference that what swayed him from Chicago or Pittsburgh (besides the money :) ) was the way the Skins were going to "use" him. I immediately thought of him taking snaps under center or from shotgun and much more often to the point that it won't be a gimmick but rather a weapon and very much a part of the offense.

Also remember one other thing. When "The Posse" was doing it's thing in the late 80's and early 90's, Ricky Sanders was always viewed as the #3 guy but whenever the Skins had a formation with 1 receiver, that receiver was Ricky Sanders.

I think no matter the depth chart designation, ARE is going to get alot of field time.

it's also important to remember that saunders is talking about running a lot of 3 wide out sets, so i don't think it's so much that people are going to be designated 1's and 2's as they are going to be matched up in situations to exploit the defenses. this isn't going to be a conventional offense that has a go to guy. it is going to be a "take what mismatches we can." personally, i wouldn't be surprised if cooley is considered the go-to-guy by the end of the season.

I dont care about money, or even talent really. Based on the type of players they are I would expect to see Randle El as the slot WR when all 3 are on the field. Now, if only two WRs are on the field I suppose either one could be the #2. However, Lloyd provides a betetr compliment to Moss, and El will have extra work as the kick/punt returner so I would expect to see Lloyd ljoining Moss in 2 WR sets more often than not.

I believe that no spots are guaranteed with gibbs, and that it will all depend on how he does in training camp.

Beat me to it. There are OTAs, then minicamps, and then training camp. Randle-El and Lloyd will battle it out for the #2 spot (b/c I think Moss at #1 is the only guaranteed spot). It should be a pretty good battle as well...I wish like hell I could go to some training camps!! :(

Randle El is clearly the starting QB.

B-Lloyd is the number 2 WR and Patten in the slot.

:laugh:

All seriously though, We will have no idea who is where until training camp and after.

My logic would say Lloyd as number 2 and A.R.E in the slot. Lloyd will mainly be used on the offense and A.R.E will be used a lot on Punt Returns and maybe Kick-Off Returns as well.

"However, I see ARE being used very much like Brian Mitchell in his prime was used. I think you're going to see ARE not only throw the ball on options but I predict we'll see him take snaps under center and from the shotgun and give him run/pass options just like B-Mitch got from time to time."

Stop it ur making my **** hard.

I think the main reason we went after ARE other KR/PR gift is so that we could line him up on the opposite side of Moss so that these little screen playswe like to run are that more effective. It obvisouly did'nt work throwing to Patten,Thrash,or Jacob's.This is Randel Els srtong point.This will be a deadly combo and help take pressure off Moss and most importantly Brunell. Which way did they go george?

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Pattens not necessarily the odd man out....I think Joe/Al will be utilizing some pretty insane packages on the field, where all 4 guys and CP and Cooley are on, and you wont know what hit you.

Nevermind that, but the signings were for depth too....Gibbs knew last year if Santana gets hurt, the seasons over. We cant risk that when making a run at the superbowl. You never know who will step up, and I dont think we'll find out more until training camp.

Isn't it interesting how David Patten was our #2 receiver and now he's basically an afterthought?

I was thinking this as I read thru these posts. "What about Patten?" I understand he was not good last season, but we gave Taylor Jacobs a million chances. Doesn't David patten get to compete for the job?

Archived