Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barry Bonds hits a HR, and hitting .700 in Spring Training

boobiemiles

I'm scared to answer that question. Honestly.

Me too, since Jr has always seemed like a likeable guy. And like Bonds (pre bum knees), his fielding and swing took your breath away.

I am not saying that Jr used something....but its just curious that his body has betrayed him so much over the past 5 years.

Maybe its Karma, I dunno....I mean, the Reds did win a lot with Pappa griff.

Hey - i never said the guy was just barely above average. He was obviously one of the elite, which is why i don't understand why he need the juice.

Not you who said it.

He needed the juice because other people were taking it and he is an arrogant SOB who needs to be the best.

Me too, since Jr has always seemed like a likeable guy. And like Bonds (pre bum knees), his fielding and swing took your breath away.

I am not saying that Jr used something....but its just curious that his body has betrayed him so much over the past 5 years.

Maybe its Karma, I dunno....I mean, the Reds did win a lot with Pappa griff.

Yes Jr probably used something. They all freaking did. That's the point.

Yes Jr probably used something. They all freaking did. That's the point.

Which sucks.

And it also makes you wonder.

If everyone hadn't been using steriods, would the fall off in baseball have been noticeable? That is, wouldn't things have likely worked out close to the same if everyone weren't using (assuming everyone was, and the benefit from the steriods was proporionate for each player--perhaps a wild assumption).

I guess that's probably what Bud Selig hopes, right?

If he used why wasn't he big. He never was ripped like others using it.

Steroids don't necessarily make you big. They make you recover faster from workouts and injuries. You can use that to lift more and make yourself huge, or you can go the Luis Gonzales route and just turn into a mass of lean wiry tendons, or you can go the pitcher route and just improve your legs and endurance, or whatever.

I had to post in this thread because everytime I saw the thread title, I thought, "What? Barry Bonds hit a home run?" And of course he hadn't hit one since spring training, but now...

Barry Bonds actually hit a home run tonight, so that puts him at 709, just 5 HR's from Ruth.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bondshomers&prov=ap&type=lgns

i hope the ****er makes it to 713 and never gets another one, i hate baroid bonds

I hope Bonds breaks the all time HR record. The MLB is a farse. They're the ones who turned a blind eye to the entire Steroid issue and let it grow into the monster it became. They wanted the HR's and the big sluggers to bring the fans back and they did. They got caught with their pants down and now everyone wants to act like naive, jilted lovers who can't believe people are cheating-So therefore let us use Bonds as the scapegoat. Well folks, it doesn't work like that. You have tainted the game, therefore your records are no longer sacred. Please Bonds, do pass the idol of baseball past in Ruth, and then run laps around the HR king of baseball present in Aaron, all while having a laugh at Baseball's stupidity and the fans naivete.

I hope Bonds breaks the all time HR record. The MLB is a farse. They're the ones who turned a blind eye to the entire Steroid issue and let it grow into the monster it became. They wanted the HR's and the big sluggers to bring the fans back and they did. They got caught with their pants down and now everyone wants to act like naive, jilted lovers who can't believe people are cheating-So therefore let us use Bonds as the scapegoat. Well folks, it doesn't work like that. You have tainted the game, therefore your records are no longer sacred. Please Bonds, do pass the idol of baseball past in Ruth, and then run laps around the HR king of baseball present in Aaron, all while having a laugh at Baseball's stupidity and the fans naivete.

good point.......nope, i still hate him

I don't. I cannot bring myself to waste emotion on something so futile. It's not even an individual sport, so who really is Bonds hurting?

his poor testicles......come on man, have some compassion......think of the children :laugh:

Yeah, he looked a little in pain Tuesday night. But, he claims it has to do more with not being able to keep his knees warm (due to a cold SF night and lack of heaters in the dugout for some reason).

His trot yesterday looked a lot smoother.

I wonder though if the brace that he is wearing is still bothering him. Allegedly, he was still working on modifying it to allow him to move more comfortably.

Archived