Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barry Bonds hits a HR, and hitting .700 in Spring Training

boobiemiles

To me the whole issue surronding Barry is a farse. I truly beleive that it's racially motivated. When Mark McGwire was hitting moon shots, it was good for the game. When Barry hit ball into SF harbor he was a thorn in the side of baseball. I don't understand it. And now at the ripe old age of 42 Barry is hitting .700 batting average, and has a HR. I hope he hits 50 HR this year and tell baseball to kiss his butt. My question is what will they say when A-Rod smashes through both Babe's, Aaron's, and Bond's hr record. I bet they will say he was too nice to the media.....

I dont think it racially motivated. I really dislike baseball, just don't like it, but I respect that hitting a round ball with a round bat is the hardest thing in sports to do.

Even if he does take steroids his hand eye coordination has to be off the charts to make that kind of contact with the ball repeatedly. I think his hand eye has more to do with it than his overally bulk. :2cents:

To me the whole issue surronding Barry is a farse. I truly beleive that it's racially motivated. When Mark McGwire was hitting moon shots, it was good for the game. When Barry hit ball into SF harbor he was a thorn in the side of baseball. I don't understand it. And now at the ripe old age of 42 Barry is hitting .700 batting average, and has a HR. I hope he hits 50 HR this year and tell baseball to kiss his butt. My question is what will they say when A-Rod smashes through both Babe's, Aaron's, and Bond's hr record. I bet they will say he was too nice to the media.....

To quote Major League II, Bonds is hitting .700 off pitchers who will be bagging groceries in a couple of weeks.....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It has nothing to do with the color of Barry Bond's skin. Everybody hates him because he's a dick. Plain & simple.

If AROD gets up there someday, people will say "Who cares, 600 of those HR's came against the Tigers & the Devil Rays. He never came up big in the clutch." Oh wait, they say that now.......

To quote Major League II, Bonds is hitting .700 off pitchers who will be bagging groceries in a couple of weeks.....

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It has nothing to do with the color of Barry Bond's skin. Everybody hates him because he's a dick. Plain & simple.

If AROD gets up there someday, people will say "Who cares, 600 of those HR's came against the Tigers & the Devil Rays. He never came up big in the clutch." Oh wait, they say that now.......

someone's a hater...

barry bonds isnt a dick at all, he doesnt enjoy people questioning his legitimacy and calling him a cheater, i think we'd all act the same way if we were in his shoes. and if u are gonna argue against him hitting .700, what about all of the other mlb superstars in spring training, they are seeing the same pitchers for the most part, but nobody else is doing what bonds is doing.

If Mac was still playing, going after a HR record, and it had already been PROVEN that he took roids, then it would be just the same as Bonds.

But Mac is retired

His HR record is already gone

And he's never admitted taking roids (ok, that's questionable) or failed a drug test.

IF Maguire was playing RIGHT NOW, he'd be treated exactly the same way as Bonds. The public was still living in the fairy tale "baseball players are not juiced" world when Maguire was playing. I think he got out when he did for a reason.

If you don't think Bonds and others were juicing, you've got to be kidding me.

IF Maguire was playing RIGHT NOW, he'd be treated exactly the same way as Bonds. The public was still living in the fairy tale "baseball players are not juiced" world when Maguire was playing. I think he got out when he did for a reason.

If you don't think Bonds and others were juicing, you've got to be kidding me.

Bonds is treated the way he is partially because he's black. You cant say that Big Mac would be treated the same way. They were two different people, two completly different personalities. The media and fans nationally loved big mac

EVERYONE CHEATED!!!! Bonds just did what mlb was allowing its players to do! You cant blame him.

Sure I can. Just because everyone else was doing it doesn't make it right. I can understand why he did it, but that doesn't make his decision any less dishonorable.

I don't buy that. What has Barry ever done to make people judge him so harshly. He never did anything off the field to make people hate him. He never said anything derogatory about anyone or any group. He give the media a cold shoulder that's all. We as skins fans, know the media can be harsh and cruel. They can border line on faulty journalism. So if somebody takes offense to that they are a dick. I don't watch Barry because he's a media darling. I watch him because he hits the ball better than anyone I've ever seen. McGwire was hardly the image of Media Man, but nobody cared then. The contrast is stark in my opinion. I'll give you that Barry is arrogant, and different. But most genuises are aloof. He's a genuis with a bat. So why does the media find it their personal crusade to report about activities, that in many ways MLB itself endorse.

MLB was happy to have McGwire hit 70 when they wanted fans back in the seats. Now they say they want to chastise that era to keep fans in the seats. It's all double talk, but it leads back to one thing. Barry is not what MLB wants for whatever reason. The media should not judge if your a good person, you actions should in my opinion.

I can blame him along with everyone else...whether MLB tested for steroids or not, it was still illegal. He's a grown man and can take the scrutiny associated with a steroid-user holding HR records.

McGuire took heat during his hearings but he's retired now so he's not in the public eye.

Of all issues, it's laughable that you associate this one with racism.

Sure I can. Just because everyone else was doing it doesn't make it right. I can understand why he did it, but that doesn't make his decision any less dishonorable.

People just hate on Bonds, so i feel that i have to back him up. Why dont you talk about Gary Sheffield, Raffy, I bet you Tejada was on the roids! Every high or even low profile players was juicing! The Mlb was allowing it to go down. They were still playing within the rules. MLB knew what was going on but they just let the players slide and now they dont want any of the blame. The blame should start at Selig and then works its way down

So the press he's scowled at

The fans he told to F off

The mistress he BEAT and THREATENED TO KILL

The Cheating

The Tax evasion

The constant whining to the media

are all NON-dickish behaviors? :whoknows:

Please note that 2 of those are alleged. He has not been convicted or (even prosecuted) for tax evasion or abuse.

Moreover, MLB has not prosecuted him for cheating.

I will say this, the Babe appears to have done more bad things in his life than Bonds/Sosa/McGwire combined. Yet, he is revered. Strange how time does that.

Baseball endorse it my friend. The juice ball era was made to entice you and I to forget they went on strike. But look at 1993: Barry hit .336, 46 hrs, and 128 rbi's. If Barry began to use roids in 1998, he still was cranking out an average of 40 hrs. The man has a slg % of .611. That alone is Ruthian. And lets not forget about the pitchers. Pitchers have used methods to doctor the ball. getting and edge is the MLB way.

People just hate on Bonds, so i feel that i have to back him up. Why dont you talk about Gary Sheffield, Raffy, I bet you Tejada was on the roids! Every high or even low profile players was juicing! The Mlb was allowing it to go down. They were still playing within the rules. MLB knew what was going on but they just let the players slide and now they dont want any of the blame. The blame should start at Selig and then works its way down

I don't follow baseball, so I don't really keep track of who is and isn't juicing. I think they're all in the wrong, and in some ways I agree with you that it's unfair that he takes a lot of the heat. However, that doesn't excuse his conduct.

Which is exactly why there would be no issue of Bonds wasn't such a monster prick. Throughout the course of his career. Not just his "I don't sign autographs for white people" nonesense, either, but his general demeanor.

Archived