Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Sean Taylor the best safety in the NFL?

skinshokies31

Actually he is 12th best in the league. Hell, he's not even the best on your team according to espn scouts.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/features/scouting?position=36

Yeah, yeah, I know, they are wrong and you are all right. ST is the best no matter what everyone else thinks so save your breathe.

I will say, that if ST was on top of this list you'd be using it as a reference though, but since he's not, there must be a conspiracy somewhere. Like I said, save your breathe.

it's between taylor, ed reed and troy palumalu

Now thats an interesting little video there. It shows a redskin tackling T.O, but then it shows TO hurt on the sideline. Problem is, TO hurt on the sideline is after the Roy WIlliams hit.

Nice try.

Is that was skins fans have to do know? Edit video to create their own highlights? How sad.

Now thats an interesting little video there. It shows a redskin tackling T.O, but then it shows TO hurt on the sideline. Problem is, TO hurt on the sideline is after the Roy WIlliams hit.

Nice try.

Is that was skins fans have to do know? Edit video to create their own highlights? How sad.

Except that it's not from when Williams hurt him. It's from the Redskins game. You sure are clueless.

Edit: Notice the ESPN tag on the bottom of the screen? The game that you played against Philly wasn't on Espn. Your game was a 1 pm game.

No. Sean Taylor still relies far too much on pure athletic ability.

Just watch a tape of the Indy/Steelers playoff game at some point. Polamalu and Manning are having a chest match the entire game. Most of the time, Polamalu got in the spot that Manning did not want him to be. He is maybe one step behind Sean in terms of athleticism but is about 15 steps ahead of him in knowing how to play the game.

Reed is the same way. Dawkins too.

ST and Polumalu have the best "instincts" IMO of the newer age safeties. Ive alway been a huge fan of dawkins even if hes on the iggles but I just think hes lost his legs. One thing I hate the most though is how opposing teams fans and media just look at Sean as a thug gangbanger. To me hes just a quiet guy who plays within the system and can hit and cover the best of them, and just happened to defend his property.

Spitting at players and getting arrested all the time can have a negative impact on someone's image.

I'd take ST over any safety in the league. Thats not to say if someone came back with Ed Reed I'd be mad. When a player has the same attributes as another I have to go with the bigger guy. I can remember Torry Holt on the JohnThompson show before they played the Skins last season. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically he was like you have to be aware of where Taylor is when catching the ball because he'll light you up.

1. Taylor/Reed

2. Dawkins

3. Polamu

4. Rou Williams

Its hard for me to admit, being such a die hard redskin fan, but I think Polamalu is the best safety in the NFL right now. Ed Reed, Roy Williams and John Lynch where the best, but Troy is now the leader.

Nothing wrong with Taylor, easily in the top 5 and maybe the top 3 in the league, but Troy is #1.

Taylor might become the best safety in the league, but he's not there yet. At least two, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu, are ahead of him right now. Taylor still makes mistakes. He can take bad angles at times and he needs to learn to play under control. That said, I think he has as much potential (the dreaded p-word) as anyone out there. If he can stay healthy and out of trouble, he'll be a great one.

How would he compare to Ed Reed and the other great safeties in the NFL? Roy Williams, Polamalu, Bob Sanders, Dawkins, and John Lynch? I think that he hits as hard as anyone with GREAT coverage skills. This guy is only entering his third season in the NFL. Winslow or Taylor?? hmmm....great decision.

That being said...Why is Adam A the highest paid Saftey in NFL history???????????????????????????????????????????????????/

1. Ed Reed, hands down. Heavy hitter and great coverage skills

2. Bob Sanders. Excellent cover skills and pretty good hitter

3. Dawkins/Taylor. I think it's a toss up here. Dawkins is probably better in coverage but Taylor is definitely a more imposing force on the field. ST's only been in the league for two seasons and has so far made it on athleticism alone. After being coached up by GW and the boys he'll most likely end up being one of the best ever.

4. Polamalu. Kept waiting for Troy to go off in the SB and IMO he never really did. Never does a game go by are you left asking where's ST.

Roy Williams is a freaking punk. Not because he's a Cowboy but because of his cheap ass hit's. Game after game, season after season his ass is constantly hitting late and dragging players down from behind. Even in the Pro Bowl he hurt a WR on a late hit after the ball was already passed the guy and he was on the ground. Look out, here comes Roy Williams. The dude is a punk. I'd take a spitting ST anyday over Roy's punkass. He goes to the Pro Bowl off that ****!

ZoEd is completely on the money on 1-4. However I believe Taylor has the capacity to become one of the all-time greats IF he can remove his mental garbage. His body is so strong yet sections of his mind are very weak. Once he learns the zen of walking away, he will fulfill his true destiny.

1. Ed Reed

2. Taylor or Troy Polimaleau

3. Bob Saunders

4. B-Dawk

5. Lynch

I don't know why everyone gives Roy so much Dap. He got absolutley torched in both games against us. My memories of Roy this season was #1 getting smoked like a turkey by Santana for 14 points in Dallas. #2 Getting flipped over by Clinton Portis when he tried to lay the wood on him and CP dives through his knees turning him in the air. #3 Only good play I really saw this season, Donavon throws the ball right to him for the game ending int. any saftey, cb, most linebackers in the league could have made that play. and #4 The cheapest shot I've ever seen in my life. Its the Probowl, I don't remember who the reciever was but the ball was overthrown by about 5 yards, the ball hits the ground and the reciever is on his way down, no where near the ball...here comes cheapshot Roy flying in with a helmet to the back of the head. The reciever was motionless for about 2 minutes, thank God he was alright, I thought it was a serious injury.

Archived