Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Sean Taylor the best safety in the NFL?

skinshokies31

No.......

Reed, Polamalu, Dawkins, Williams, Sharper, Mike Brown, and Rodney Harrison are all better......

Just shut up man and get out...just becuase your team is gonna suck for the next 10 years while all the other NFC East teams let alone NFL owns you. Thats why everybody hates Philly Fans... To say Mike Brown is better is a joke... your a joke!

Id say top three no question. No offensive player in the NFL wants to take that hit from no.21 coming over the middle. Elite WR/RB/TE's when put to the test fare well until they get hit, then it's a disappearing act. Bring it T.O. , Bring it Plex, Shockey, PHI? ( HA HA) who else in the league can dominate a whole division. I love a player like this. He seeks and destroys the opposing teams best offensive threat week in and week out. Sign him for life!!!!

dallas fans, eagles fans, and giants fans ask your star recivers which safety they would least like to have covering them downfield. Shockey, TO, keyshawn whoever, if their honest you will hear ST coming out of their mouth. Bank on it

Ed reed is fast and athletic, but if hes got to cover randy moss deep, its a missmatch.

if he has to take on blockers up front its a missmatch.

polamalu is strong and quick but not top end fast. he has no mismatches on the line or in the short passing game but again, going deep he is a liabliity.

Now ST might not have the on the dime quickness of an ed reed or polamalu, but I'll take top end speed and leaping ability over quickness anyday

Just shut up man and get out...just becuase your team is gonna suck for the next 10 years while all the other NFC East teams let alone NFL owns you. Thats why everybody hates Philly Fans... To say Mike Brown is better is a joke... your a joke!
LMAO. This board is so homerific it's not even funny. There's no way Sean Taylor is the best safety in the NFL. You guys are ridiculous.

It's called an opinion. Am I not allowed to have one? And perhaps you should work on your grammar before calling me a joke.

And let's go ahead and compare Brown and Taylor's numbers last year: Seems to me that Brown had more tackles, the same number of sacks, more interceptions, more TD's and 1 less forced fumble than Taylor while playing in 3 less games. Hmm.......

You guys always rip on Roy for getting burned (Truth be told he has been burned once) the last three years.

ST on the other hand has been burned 3 times.

1) Terry Glenn game winner in WAS

2) Patrick Crayton game winner

3) Terry Glenn bomb

To be considered the best safety in the NFL I would think you would have to have been named to an All-Pro team at least once in your career. Currently Troy Polamalu and Bob Sanders are the All-Pro safeties. The list starts with them. Sean Taylor cannot be the best safety in the league he has never been named to so much as a Pro Bowl team let alone an All-Pro team.

aww eagles and boys, must suck to know that your safeties are a few seasons from the old folks home while our team is all young and filled with up and coming stars including sean taylor. I feel for you I really do. NOT

You can't be serious do you even research before you make claims or do you just blurt out whatever?

Arch is 28

ST is 23

Roy is 25

Davis is 27

So your safties are one year younger.

Roy Williams is awful; the only tackle he can make is from behind, because he is always screwing up his assignments and/or getting beat. Hence the 'horsecollar' tackle rule, that needs to be GREATLY expanded to grabbing jersey as well as shoulder pads.

You can't be serious do you even research before you make claims or do you just blurt out whatever?

Arch is 28

ST is 23

Roy is 25

Davis is 27

So your safties are one year younger.

Davis!? Who in the world is Davis? Is he the scrub that starts next to overrated Williams? Davis wouldn't even be able to make our practice squad. He's terrible.

You guys always rip on Roy for getting burned (Truth be told he has been burned once) the last three years.

ST on the other hand has been burned 3 times.

1) Terry Glenn game winner in WAS

2) Patrick Crayton game winner

3) Terry Glenn bomb

Yeah, Roy didn't get burned twice in week 2 by Moss. That's idiotic to say Roy has only been burned once in his career. That's cute you bring up ST getting burned in his rookie season. If Taylor isn't a threat, why were your receivers acting so scared of him in both games last season? If you want to use actual arguments that is fine. But cut the BS of Roy only getting burned once in three years. That is absolute garbage and you know it. Moss alone burned Williams 3 times last year. Unlike Taylor, it wasn't Roy's rookie year and it wasn't by the same player, same play, 3 times. Roy is a dirty player, which is why he fits in Dallas so well. I'm sorry, but someone who relies solely on horse-collar and helmet-to-hwlmet tackles can't seriously be considered the best in the NFL. Taylor is feared, Roy is not. Deal with it.

Roy Williams is awful; the only tackle he can make is from behind, because he is always screwing up his assignments and/or getting beat. Hence the 'horsecollar' tackle rule, that needs to be GREATLY expanded to grabbing jersey as well as shoulder pads.

Yeah thats why he is in the Pro Bowl every year.

Davis!? Who in the world is Davis? Is he the scrub that starts next to overrated Williams? Davis wouldn't even be able to make our practice squad. He's terrible.

What does that have to do with anything the guy claimed our safties were old.

Yeah, Roy didn't get burned twice in week 2 by Moss. That's idiotic to say Roy has only been burned once in his career. That's cute you bring up ST getting burned in his rookie season. If Taylor isn't a threat, why were your receivers acting so scared of him in both games last season? If you want to use actual arguments that is fine. But cut the BS of Roy only getting burned once in three years. That is absolute garbage and you know it. Moss alone burned Williams 3 times last year. Unlike Taylor, it wasn't Roy's rookie year and it wasn't by the same player, same play, 3 times. Roy is a dirty player, which is why he fits in Dallas so well. I'm sorry, but someone who relies solely on horse-collar and helmet-to-hwlmet tackles can't seriously be considered the best in the NFL. Taylor is feared, Roy is not. Deal with it.

also, one of them was a flea-flicker, and I guarentee you we never get beat by that play again.

ps- i hate dallas

No he didn't one was on Glenn. I didn't say in his career I was refering to Redskin Cowboy games or did you not deduce that from the mentioned plays? I brought up that he got burned the last three years not just his rookie year. Two of them were game winners. Roy made the Pro Bowl as a rookie. I never claimed he wasn't a threat cept for shooting someone. Moss did not burn Roy three times and if you understood the coverages you would know that. Where are you getting the 3rd TD from? Moss didn't score on Roy the 2nd game. Newman shut him down.

No he didn't one was on Glenn. I didn't say in his career I was refering to Redskin Cowboy games or did you not deduce that from the mentioned plays? I brought up him getting burned the last three years no just his rookie and Roy made the Pro Bowl as a rookie. I never claimed he wasn't a threat cept for shooting someone. Moss did not burn Roy three times and if you understood the coverages you would know that. Where are you getting the 3rd TD from Moss didn't score on Roy the 3rd game?

Wah wah wah your points are weak and most of it is made up neway.

He got beat thrice last year by Santana, and I wonder if anyone has the clip of Portis flipping Williams over when he tried to tackle him near the goal line in the second game.

you're really cool to come to our site and talk trash (no sarcasm whatsoever). And your name should be dbags, not dboys, but I guess they are synonomous.

He got beat thrice last year by Santana, and I wonder if anyone has the clip of Portis flipping Williams over when he tried to tackle him near the goal line in the second game.

you're really cool to come to our site and talk trash (no sarcasm whatsoever). And your name should be dbags, not dboys, but I guess they are synonomous.

Prove that he got beat three times because I know your full of it. What does that play have to do with this discussion? I am not talking trash I am question the BS you guys are trying to pass off.

And let's go ahead and compare Brown and Taylor's numbers last year: Seems to me that Brown had more tackles, the same number of sacks, more interceptions, more TD's and 1 less forced fumble than Taylor while playing in 3 less games. Hmm.......

Eagles78, what are you doing? You're actually using fact and statistics to back up your argument here about Sean Taylor. Didn't anyone tell you that 4skins fans won't look at stats when it comes to taylor? He is Godlike.....Even though he has never made a probowl, and proscouts.com rank him as the 12th best safety in the league. Don't you know that because he is a redskin it means he's the best safety in the history of the NFL???

The only way for the 4skins fans to say otherwise would be if he got traded to either the eagles, boys, or Giants. Then they would all be saying he was overrated, was a poor open field tackler, and a cancer because of his on and off the field antics.

To answer the original posters question....No.

Sean Taylor isn't even close to being the best safety in the NFL. Ed Reed is by far the bset Safety in the NFL.

To be fair, he's only been in the league a cople of years....then again he may be out for a couple too.

Sean.....meet Bubba :moon:

Archived