Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Sean Taylor the best safety in the NFL?

skinshokies31

Now thats an interesting little video there. It shows a redskin tackling T.O, but then it shows TO hurt on the sideline. Problem is, TO hurt on the sideline is after the Roy WIlliams hit.

Nice try.

Is that was skins fans have to do know? Edit video to create their own highlights? How sad.

that's such BS you loser. When did Dallas and Philly play at FedEx field? Never. Look in the background, that is FedEx. Don't quesstion the inegrity of our fans, because we are the best in the league. Go back to your forum: brokeback.com.

Whenvever I get into this conversation with my friends I always pose this question to them.

Name one other safety in the nfl that can cover randymoss, TO, CJ on a deep route and out jump them for the ball, and also come up to the line of scrimage to take on FB's and make big hits?

The answer to that question IMO is nobody which is why ST, even at this young age, is the best.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/DB-TACKLES/2005/regular?&start_row=1

Statistically he ranked 51st last year out of all DB’s in the NFL. Of course that includes corners in this list but there are quite a number of safeties (Free and Strong) that have more tackles and interceptions than he does.

He might be in the top 5 in potential, but in his 2 seasons as a pro, he hasn’t displayed consistency.

How would he compare to Ed Reed and the other great safeties in the NFL? Roy Williams, Polamalu, Bob Sanders, Dawkins, and John Lynch? I think that he hits as hard as anyone with GREAT coverage skills. This guy is only entering his third season in the NFL. Winslow or Taylor?? hmmm....great decision.

i would have 2 say its like this.

troy polamalu

ed reed

brian dawkins

john lynch

sean taylor:helmet:

roy williams

bob sanders

Whenvever I get into this conversation with my friends I always pose this question to them.

Name one other safety in the nfl that can cover randymoss, TO, CJ on a deep route and out jump them for the ball, and also come up to the line of scrimage to take on FB's and make big hits?

The answer to that question IMO is nobody which is why ST, even at this young age, is the best.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Dude, thats EXACTLY what I keep telling everybody! NO ONE, not even any CB can do that!

By the way, Taylor did make it to the Pro Bowl this year. He chose not to go and therefore Brian Dawkins took his place. Hopefully this will make those Cowboys fans shut up.

Forget what Eagles fans say...forget what Cowboys Fans say...forget about what Giants Fans say...Forget about what anybody else says...Sean Taylor is the best All-Around Safety in this league and can change the outcome of games. He shines in primetime but he is a bit raw becuase he dosnt always take good angles on blocks and tackles somtimes. If he can fix that, He is a serious hall of fame consideration. What Safety can you use on Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzales, Randy Moss, and T.O and shut him totally or nearly all the way down? Answer is no safety except Sean Taylor.

Top 5 Safeties....

1. Sean Taylor(Toughness, harder hitter, and more physical puts him above Ed Reed, Read my above post too)

2. Ed Reed

3. Brian Dawkins(Aging though, look for him to start declining...Which is sad becuase he was one of my personal favorites.)

4. Troy Polamalu

5. Roy Williams

John Lynch shouldn't be on anybody's list. He's as big a cheapshot artist as Roy, he's always been slow and now that he's old he's even slower, and he can't cover to save his life. He's gotten by for the last couple of years by name alone.

He's not even in the top 10.

I still believe that Adrian Wilson from ARI is the most underrated S in the league. Probably because hes on such a bad team. But ST is top 5 to other teams(coaches/players), but top 10 to other fans because hes in trouble all the time.

#1. Sean Taylor

#2. Adam Archuleta

#3. Pierson Prioleau

#4. Curry Burns

#5. Ed Reed

#6. Troy Polamalu

I'm not much of a blind homer....just trying it on for size......how did I do? Was it believable?

Quite believable. We all know Ed Reed can't even touch Pierson's mad skills.

Also... watching people spell Polamalu is funny, Palimaleau is my favorite so far.

If you look at ST from a technical football-science point of view he still has problems he needs to fix. He is somewhat inconsistent (though this seems to be improving), and doesn't always go about thing the right way all the time. Still, that being said, his usefulness at the safety position is nearly unsurpassed (ask TO, Randy Moss, CJ, ect)

So, is he the best? I wouldn't that say quite yet. However he certainly has all the necessary opportunities and talents to become so.

How could you have Ed Reed so low.

#1 Troy Polamalu

#2 Sean Taylor

#3 Ed Reed

#4 Bob Sanders

#5 Roy Williams

#6 John Lynch

#7 Adam Archuleta

-Troy is a difference maker in every game.

-Sean Taylor needs to improve in some parts

-Ed Reed is Ed Reed.

-Bob impressed me last year, if you ask me, he was the Colts secondary.

-Roy Williams plays very well in the box but has poor coverage skills.

-John Lynch is a sure tackler but he's starting to slow down

-AA never got a good defensive scheme to make him top ranked, id like to see him play with the skins before i rank him..

How could you have Ed Reed so low.

#1 Troy Polamalu

#2 Sean Taylor

#3 Ed Reed

#4 Bob Sanders

#5 Roy Williams

#6 John Lynch

#7 Adam Archuleta

-Troy is a difference maker in every game.

-Sean Taylor needs to improve in some parts

-Ed Reed is Ed Reed.

-Bob impressed me last year, if you ask me, he was the Colts secondary.

-Roy Williams plays very well in the box but has poor coverage skills.

-John Lynch is a sure tackler but he's starting to slow down

-AA never got a good defensive scheme to make him top ranked, id like to see him play with the skins before i rank him..

where's dawkins? where's rodney harrison? Where's Adrian Wilson?

Archived