Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Sean Taylor the best safety in the NFL?

skinshokies31

How would he compare to Ed Reed and the other great safeties in the NFL? Roy Williams, Polamalu, Bob Sanders, Dawkins, and John Lynch? I think that he hits as hard as anyone with GREAT coverage skills. This guy is only entering his third season in the NFL. Winslow or Taylor?? hmmm....great decision.

He isn't the greatest in the game...YET. Give him another season or two. We all kinow that he can hit. For awhile, I thought he needed to become a playmaker to become elite, then came the Philly game and the playoff game in Tampa in which he scored in both of them. I think he is overrated if anything. Nothing really goes his way because opposing teams try to avoid him. Same with Shawn Springs.

I would say overrated in Redskins fan's minds but I do not hear much respect from other fans. That may be because he is a hate him or love him player. I hated his guts when he played at Miami but now he is my favorite player on the Redskins. I just hope he knocks the Sh*t out of TO this year.

1. Ed Reed, hands down. Heavy hitter and great coverage skills

2. Bob Sanders. Excellent cover skills and pretty good hitter

3. Dawkins/Taylor. I think it's a toss up here. Dawkins is probably better in coverage but Taylor is definitely a more imposing force on the field. ST's only been in the league for two seasons and has so far made it on athleticism alone. After being coached up by GW and the boys he'll most likely end up being one of the best ever.

4. Polamalu. Kept waiting for Troy to go off in the SB and IMO he never really did. Never does a game go by are you left asking where's ST.

Roy Williams is a freaking punk. Not because he's a Cowboy but because of his cheap ass hit's. Game after game, season after season his ass is constantly hitting late and dragging players down from behind. Even in the Pro Bowl he hurt a WR on a late hit after the ball was already passed the guy and he was on the ground. Look out, here comes Roy Williams. The dude is a punk. I'd take a spitting ST anyday over Roy's punkass. He goes to the Pro Bowl off that ****!

I would put that Vice Versa on Bob Sanders. He is definetly a more run stopping safety.

You're right Sanders does come up and put some damn good hit's on RB's. He's always around the ball no matter where it's at.

From an objective point of view, is Roy Williams really out of the equation here?

he can hit like barry bonds, but he is an absolute liability in pass coverage. Just think of Moss burning him deep 3 times this year (twice in the first game for TD's, and once in the second game down to the 1).

Did he make the probowl? That answers that then.

I dont think that making the probowl necessarily means a player is the best at that position, nor do i think that not making it means that a player is not the best at his position.

Taylor did not make the probowl this year and many people asked why,he hits hard and often he has good coverage skills, but i think the point in question is how did some of his defence team mates not make the probowl and why did Clinton not get a game.....the probowl is a public relation exercise put on by the NFL it is of little consequence and has no real meaning anymore.

Hail all things redskins

1. Ed Reed, hands down. Heavy hitter and great coverage skills

2. Bob Sanders. Excellent cover skills and pretty good hitter

3. Dawkins/Taylor. I think it's a toss up here. Dawkins is probably better in coverage but Taylor is definitely a more imposing force on the field. ST's only been in the league for two seasons and has so far made it on athleticism alone. After being coached up by GW and the boys he'll most likely end up being one of the best ever.

4. Polamalu. Kept waiting for Troy to go off in the SB and IMO he never really did. Never does a game go by are you left asking where's ST.

Take Bob Sanders off that list and replace him with Adrian Wilson. :2cents:

How would he compare to Ed Reed and the other great safeties in the NFL? Roy Williams, Polamalu, Bob Sanders, Dawkins, and John Lynch? I think that he hits as hard as anyone with GREAT coverage skills. This guy is only entering his third season in the NFL. Winslow or Taylor?? hmmm....great decision.

John Lynch doesn't belong on any list of greatest safeties (5 years ago, he was, but not anymore). Also, when comparing ST to other safeties, you kind of have to compare him to free-safeties, not strong safeties. Although he could play SS, he is definitely better in space as a FS.

Dawkins is a phenomenal safety, maybe one of the best to ever play the position. I believe ST will one day be at his level, but for now, you can't put them in the same sentence. ST still makes too many mistakes, and still goes for the hit too often. Rarely does Dawkins make a mistake in coverage, and he can lay the wood as well.

He did get trucked by Sellers though! :laugh:

Williams is overrated and a punk ass horse collarer.

You're right Sanders does come up and put some damn good hit's on RB's. He's always around the ball no matter where it's at.

Yeah and he's really small for a safety. He's a stocky guy but I think he's only 5'-8", which tells me that he makes up for it in skill.

Also, Troy Polamalu defintely deserves credit. His first season wasn't great but the last two have been spectacular, especially since you know, he won a Super Bowl and all.

Archived