Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The OFFICIAL Support Mark Brunell Thread

The 35-21 DRUBBING of N.Y.? Could we ever have expected the same from a Patrick Ramsey ran offense?

Um, the Skins were up by what, 3 or 4 when Ramsey came in during that game? The 35-21 'drubbing' was not a drubbing when Brunell left the game. In fact, we were on our way to losing momentum in the game. Get SOMETHING right and stop distorting to fit your bizarre perspective. I'd add that Mark's yardage total was lowest of any QB starter with nearly that amount of games played.

You have a very abrasive posting style, full of invective and distortions. Light on analysis or even real boosting of the guy you allegedly support. I've seen Brunell support threads/posts that didn't rely on ridiculing other posters and players.

Um, the Skins were up by what, 3 or 4 when Ramsey came in during that game? The 35-21 'drubbing' was not a drubbing when Brunell left the game. In fact, we were on our way to losing momentum in the game. Get SOMETHING right and stop distorting to fit your bizarre perspective. I'd add that Mark's yardage total was lowest of any QB starter with nearly that amount of games played.

You have a very abrasive posting style, full of invective and distortions. Light on analysis or even real boosting of the guy you allegedly support. I've seen Brunell support threads/posts that didn't rely on ridiculing other posters and players.

I really didn't ridicule Ramsey...

I was talking about why Mark Brunell is our starter and Ramsey isn't... :rolleyes:

Also don't forget, when Brunell was in there all he did was connect on a couple of dump offs, a WR screen that Santana turned into a TD and threw a horrible deep pass that Santana adjusted to and Will Allen completely lost in mid flight.

The best pass of the day wasn't by Brunell or Ramsey, it was by Clinton Portis to Chris Cooley.

And boy wasn't Brunell "super smart" when he threw that potential game losing int in TB? How about throwing an interception in Seattle that luckily bounced off a defender and Santana (yet again) adjusts to it and snatches it and scores a TD. But of course the Brunell fans will just point to the "stat" that he threw a TD in that game and choose to forget that it was a horrible pass that resulted in a TD no thanks to him.

Support Mark Brunell?

I think I'll pass.

Also don't forget, when Brunell was in there all he did was connect on a couple of dump offs, a WR screen that Santana turned into a TD and threw a horrible deep pass that Santana adjusted to and Will Allen completely lost in mid flight.

The best pass of the day wasn't by Brunell or Ramsey, it was by Clinton Portis to Chris Cooley.

And boy wasn't Brunell "super smart" when he threw that potential game losing int in TB? How about throwing an interception in Seattle that luckily bounced off a defender and Santana (yet again) adjusts to it and snatches it and scores a TD. But of course the Brunell fans will just point to the "stat" that he threw a TD in that game and choose to forget that it was a horrible pass that resulted in a TD no thanks to him.

Support Mark Brunell?

I think I'll pass.

And... *dum dum dum* you're trying to convince me that Patrick Ramsey is the correct option... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know what I think of Patrick Ramsey apologists?

:violin:

You know what I think of Patrick Ramsey apologists?

:violin:

Your sig violates the rules. And it isn't a matter of whether Ramsey is the correct option, your logic is flawed (as usual.) It's that Brunell gets a free pass on mistakes that other QBs that have played here got ROASTED ALIVE for and always with the excuses. The only ones with the violins are the people who blame Brunell in 2004 on his hammy(he sucked before his hamstring got hurt) and those who blame his wide receivers for his decline (when he started to decline even before anyone doubled/tripled Moss. Everyone will cheer for Brunell to do well, but the realist in us makes us think Campbell better be ready if we have serious hopes.

And again, stop responding to posts you don't like with insults about the poster. You started off the thread with insults. You just don't seem like a very agreeable person unless someone buys into your blasphemous idolatry.

People keep pointing out how bad Brunell looked in a couple games this year while forgetting just how great he looked in other games. He's a crafty veteran who has been the ultimate team guy from day one. And when we needed a play, he often made it. I mean, how could you not support him?

People keep pointing out how bad Brunell looked in a couple games this year while forgetting just how great he looked in other games. He's a crafty veteran who has been the ultimate team guy from day one. And when we needed a play, he often made it. I mean, how could you not support him?

There's a difference between supporting him when he's on the field and hoping he plays as well as he did in that Sea-SF string and being honest about his performance since being here and the fact that he is judged by a different standard. It's the failure to face the truth that bothers me more than anything and the eagerness that some (not you) show in attacking others while using 'support' as a front for that attack.

Neither I nor any critic would have word one to say if Brunell didn't begin his decline before his injury and utterly blew chunks when the team needed good QB play the most (not JUST playoffs but in games where we needed to win to have hope--NYG he was mediocre and vs. Philly not even.)

The pot calling the kettle......

Not at all. I don't resort to crude insults to other posters' manhoods to start off threads, nor do I attack someone JUST because they disagree with me. Note my responses to Hooper and Jumbo and jrock(in the past) compared to those involving cats like J,M&JG.

Disagreeing and even being passionate about misperceptions, distortions and the like is not the same as being disagreeable.

Your sig violates the rules. And it isn't a matter of whether Ramsey is the correct option, your logic is flawed (as usual.) It's that Brunell gets a free pass on mistakes that other QBs that have played here got ROASTED ALIVE for and always with the excuses. The only ones with the violins are the people who blame Brunell in 2004 on his hammy(he sucked before his hamstring got hurt) and those who blame his wide receivers for his decline (when he started to decline even before anyone doubled/tripled Moss. Everyone will cheer for Brunell to do well, but the realist in us makes us think Campbell better be ready if we have serious hopes.

And again, stop responding to posts you don't like with insults about the poster. You started off the thread with insults. You just don't seem like a very agreeable person unless someone buys into your blasphemous idolatry.

Violated what rules? :doh:

Joe Gibbs doesn't/didn't owe Patrick Ramsey ANYTHING...

Joe Gibbs didn't even draft Patrick Ramsey...

Get over it... :shot:

Ramsey is a talented QB - I view him as about 50% a victim of circumstance, and about 50% unable to take advantage of the opportunities he did have. To be fair to him, Spurrier threw him to the wolves. The fact that he demonstrated any kind of poise in the pocket after Spurrier is a testament to his toughness - after the absolute pummelling he took during the SOS years, its truly amazing he didn't develop happy feet. Then having to adjust to a new system and essentially start all over again under Gibbs, it had to be rough. I do believe that Ramsey's a better QB now than he was prior to working with Gibbs. When called upon, he did an excellent job. I honestly think, had he been able to get over the 'ego hurdle' and commit to being a backup for us, he'd have eventually gotten his chance to shine. I can't blame him for moving on though.

As for Brunell - I think its pretty obvious what we've got there. A smart as heck guy who's going to fight his guts out for us :) He's not made of steel, and whether he can hold up over a long season is still in doubt. But he's not going to make many stupid plays, he's generally not going to lose you ballgames, can be very effective when given good protection, and theres no question who's in control of this offense on the field. With Brunell, we are going to be in position to win a lot of games. I hope Campbell is watching closely.

Couldn't agree more. Tarhog hits the nail on the head guys. Brunell will last only as long as his legs do in my opinion. As much as we may want him to be 27, he is not. He will be playing defenses that are. If he does not handle himself well, or does not make is 2nd and 3rd reads fast enough, I don't think his health will hold up through 16 games. He will have to use his intelligence more then ever this season to survive. With all the hype this off season there are going to be some defenses that want to prove a point.

JM & J,

You will not, in this forum, see a pro-Brunell (or pro-ramsey; pro-lavar) thread with out some folks feeling the need to make an appearance and counter it. And after awhile you'll note who among them are most reflexive and extreme in that action. So you'll just expect it and ya just keep on typin'; it's a great thread for more reasons than its intent ;) . And yes, pots calling kettles out is commonplace.

JM & J,

You will not, in this forum, see a pro-Brunell (or pro-ramsey; pro-lavar) thread with out some folks feeling the need to make an appearance and counter it. And after awhile you'll note who among them are most reflexive and extreme in that action. So you'll just expect it and ya just keep on typin'; it's a great thread for more reasons than its intent ;) . And yes, pots calling kettles out is commonplace.

:thumbsup:

This is the dumbest, most fact challenged thread I've ever seen on this board. Ramsey had over 5,600 yds in roughly 24 games and 34 TDs, a stat equaled by Brunell only once in 12 seasons. Ram's also the Skins most productive player over the last 4 seasons, far ahead of Brunell, Portis, and the rest by a wide margin.

He also had the highest qb rating in three of the last four years and a better won-loss record than Brunell in the only year they shared the same teammates. As far as clutch games go, he clinched the playoff with a big qb rating over 160 in the biggest game of the year last year.

As for being beaten out by Brunell in the Bear's game. Ram had a TD pass (called back), moved the ball, and over 100 yds passing in a little over a quarter. For the rest of the game, Brunell got 85 yds, no tds, and stunk up the field till the final gun and then for better than 3 quarters of the Dallas game.

So, keep it up about Ramsey. Maybe you'll succeed in writing a history that won't need to bring up any of the above.

There's a difference between supporting him when he's on the field and hoping he plays as well as he did in that Sea-SF string and being honest about his performance since being here and the fact that he is judged by a different standard.
He is judged by a different standard because we actually had some success with Mark starting.

Everyone was ripping him a new one in 2004.

I agree that Ramsey needed a fresh start and that Brunell should be the starter for one more year. However, I feel Ramsey should've played the final game in Philadelphia and in the playoffs because Brunell when injured is horible, but when healthy is formidable. Brunell needs to be able to roll out to be a good qb.

finally a thread i just want to say hell yes too! Brunell stunned me last season and I believe he is completely capable of doing that again. PR was a nice guy but I personally am glad he is gone. I am delighted that Brunell is one of those guys who can lead a team victoriously on the field. haha BUT please! please!!!! tuck the ball when you run Mark! i have to hold my breath everytime you do that and if you ever broke free for a 80 yard run i could possibly pass out! :P

Archived