Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The OFFICIAL Support Mark Brunell Thread

JM & J,

You will not, in this forum, see a pro-Brunell (or pro-ramsey; pro-lavar) thread with out some folks feeling the need to make an appearance and counter it. And after awhile you'll note who among them are most reflexive and extreme in that action. So you'll just expect it and ya just keep on typin'; it's a great thread for more reasons than its intent ;) . And yes, pots calling kettles out is commonplace.

Oy, are you kidding me Jumbo? This was not a pro-Brunell thread, at least not purely so.

Let me recount for you the beginning of the thread:

We got grown men crying in here...

Crying over the fact that PATRICK RAMSEY got traded out of town for a 6th rounder...

Fans are crying over the fact that they think Ramsey didn't get a fair shake. He's been here since 2002 and he's 27 years old...

The guy also never took advantage of the numerous opportunities he had to cement himself as the starting QB...

Yeah, he came in for Brunell the year before last and didn't do anything with the offense...He started this past year and held on to the ball too long and got clothes-lined(story of his career) and was taken out...

Other than the mention of Brunell's name, there's NOTHING ABOUT BRUNELL, his play or character in the first several sentences.

This thread was a incompetently-disguised bash-fest aimed at Ramsey and those who liked him as a player.

Frankly, I'm baffled by the reply of support on your part for something that was so transparent. ANYONE starts off a thread like that and people will jump right in. I saw another thread like this one that started off right and even though I disagreed with its conclusions, it at least didn't jump into attack mode.

Again, from the start this was as much an attack on other posters as it was a sincere 'well-wishing' for Brunell. That is obvious to anyone who is actually taking the time to read it.

Guest santana4prez
This is the dumbest, most fact challenged thread I've ever seen on this board. Ramsey had over 5,600 yds in roughly 24 games and 34 TDs, a stat equaled by Brunell only once in 12 seasons. Ram's also the Skins most productive player over the last 4 seasons, far ahead of Brunell, Portis, and the rest by a wide margin.

He also had the highest qb rating in three of the last four years and a better won-loss record than Brunell in the only year they shared the same teammates. As far as clutch games go, he clinched the playoff with a big qb rating over 160 in the biggest game of the year last year.

As for being beaten out by Brunell in the Bear's game. Ram had a TD pass (called back), moved the ball, and over 100 yds passing in a little over a quarter. For the rest of the game, Brunell got 85 yds, no tds, and stunk up the field till the final gun and then for better than 3 quarters of the Dallas game.

So, keep it up about Ramsey. Maybe you'll succeed in writing a history that won't need to bring up any of the above.

You act like Ramsey was great,he wasnt. If Ramsey was the starting QB he would of cost us games by throwing stupid INTs like he has done his whole career.

Ramsey did improve in the Giants game ,but he is not as good as Mark Brunell.

P.S. the highest qb rating you can get is a 158.3 so how did Ramsey have a rating over 160?:laugh:

This is the dumbest, most fact challenged thread I've ever seen on this board. Ramsey had over 5,600 yds in roughly 24 games and 34 TDs, a stat equaled by Brunell only once in 12 seasons. Ram's also the Skins most productive player over the last 4 seasons, far ahead of Brunell, Portis, and the rest by a wide margin.

He also had the highest qb rating in three of the last four years and a better won-loss record than Brunell in the only year they shared the same teammates. As far as clutch games go, he clinched the playoff with a big qb rating over 160 in the biggest game of the year last year.

As for being beaten out by Brunell in the Bear's game. Ram had a TD pass (called back), moved the ball, and over 100 yds passing in a little over a quarter. For the rest of the game, Brunell got 85 yds, no tds, and stunk up the field till the final gun and then for better than 3 quarters of the Dallas game.

So, keep it up about Ramsey. Maybe you'll succeed in writing a history that won't need to bring up any of the above.

:blahblah:

Are you a Redskins fan or what? :wtf:

I liked Patrick. Tough SOB. Never whined. Kept gutting it out.

BUT - Mark is the man. Took some shots as well. Better passer. Smarter. Good leader. Not perfect, but with Campbell and Collins here, best wishes to Patrick.

I say we turn this into the official "support Todd Collins" thread. I know that Brunell should have won comeback player of the year this past season but he was MIA at the wrong times. Give Collins a fair shot at the job along with the kid. Let's see who wins.

Oy, are you kidding me Jumbo? This was not a pro-Brunell thread, at least not purely so.

Let me recount for you the beginning of the thread:

Other than the mention of Brunell's name, there's NOTHING ABOUT BRUNELL, his play or character in the first several sentences.

This thread was a incompetently-disguised bash-fest aimed at Ramsey and those who liked him as a player.

Frankly, I'm baffled by the reply of support on your part for something that was so transparent. ANYONE starts off a thread like that and people will jump right in. I saw another thread like this one that started off right and even though I disagreed with its conclusions, it at least didn't jump into attack mode.

Again, from the start this was as much an attack on other posters as it was a sincere 'well-wishing' for Brunell. That is obvious to anyone who is actually taking the time to read it.

The answer is an obvious one. It's a rarity, but I didn't read the first post, so your point is valid.

Of course, as usual, I didn't say anything in my post I wouldn't stand behind. You'll note I mentioned the same about trying to have a pro-pat or pro-lavar thread. BTW, just FWIW, it seems lately you're worried about my behavioral standards; relax. I have people who do a very god job of that here at home :laugh: On the other hand, if you're just concerned about holding me accountable on the board, please feel free. I value MOST all input, and I have the power to ingore when I choose, even without using the button :laugh: .

This team is gonna be screwed by Brunell. I hope everyone is ready for another disappointing exit from the Playoffs...

Also at what point during the Bears game or the first 3.5 quarters of the Cowboys game were you saying, man Brunell is the QB that is gonna lead this team to the playoffs?

This team is gonna be screwed by Brunell. I hope everyone is ready for another disappointing exit from the Playoffs...

Also at what point during the Bears game or the first 3.5 quarters of the Cowboys game were you saying, man Brunell is the QB that is gonna lead this team to the playoffs?

At what point in the Bears game were you saying, "Man, these Bears might not lose more than 3-4 games all season, they are good!

At what point in the Cowboy game did you say "It's okay Brunnell's gonna hit 'em for 4 Tds in the rematch."

If we do exit in the playoffs next year, it's good to know that you wont be disappointed. You'll be ecstatic because you were right, and I guess that's the most important thing.

Brunell is for 3 reasons: character, character, character. He is a proven team player and field general. He is here at the twilight of his career to mentor the next Gibbs quarterback (and it just so happens Mark can win you some games too). Gibbs knew exactly what he wanted from Brunell and Brunell has delivered. I hope we see him in our uniform for many years to come.

Crying over the fact that PATRICK RAMSEY got traded out of town for a 6th rounder...

Fans are crying over the fact that they think Ramsey didn't get a fair shake. He's been here since 2002 and he's 27 years old...

He was tough, took a beating, and continued to play...

The guy also never took advantage of the numerous opportunities he had to cement himself as the starting QB...

Yeah, he came in for Brunell the year before last and didn't do anything with the offense. I honestly think THIS was the point in time Gibbs knew he couldn't be his QB. The embarrasing INT's against N.Y. late in the year and countless other bonehead decisions...

He started this past year and held on to the ball too long and got clothes-lined(story of his career) and was taken out..

Mark Brunell ran the offense more effectively and there was no reason to go back to Patrick Ramsey...

23 TD's, 10 INT's 3000+ yards, a playoff appearance and victory(I know he was banged up and stunk)...

What makes y'all think that after the 5-11 season that Joe Gibbs was comfortable with Patrick Ramsey running his offense in his first year back? Yeah, Brunell was horrid that first year but Ramsey wasn't much better when he took over...

Joe Gibbs had confidence in Mark Brunell and stuck with him. We made the playoffs last year and I'm CONFIDENT that wouldn't have happened with Patrick Ramsey at QB...

Do we not remember the 35-7 DRUBBING of Dallas? The 35-21 DRUBBING of N.Y.? Could we ever have expected the same from a Patrick Ramsey ran offense?

We have to support the QB that has PROVEN he can run an NFL offense and lead a team to the playoffs...

Enough of Patrick Ramsey and this love-fest we have going on here... :rolleyes:

I'm with Joe Gibbs on every move he makes... :notworthy

Actually the Skins can thank Ramsey for what little success they had in 2004 had Brunell stayed in we would have been 2 and 14. Same goes for the 35-21 "drubbing" of New York the game was close when Ramsey took over. Ramsey may not have been the answer but Brunell certainly isnt. It was in spite of Brunell "running the offense" that we were in the playoffs. Brunell was great games 3-6 but that was it.

People keep pointing out how bad Brunell looked in a couple games this year while forgetting just how great he looked in other games. He's a crafty veteran who has been the ultimate team guy from day one. And when we needed a play, he often made it. I mean, how could you not support him?
Yeah he is such a team guy that he played the week after getting hurt against NY when it was clear he should sat on the bench to heal but Ramsey looked good when he came in so Brunell sure didnt want to risk his starting job. Real team guy.

So you complain about the people who liked Ramsey, but then you bash him and have no problem with that.

You also outright lied in most of your post. But because you want to get a point accross, you are willing to lie, hoping no one looks it up. Or you were just too lazy to get any facts straight. Lets be honest. Brunell did a good job last year. Lets also be honest about Ramsey. He did a good job in washington and didnt get a fair shake. Brunell is NOT a great QB, and he did not have a great season last year, he had a good one, thanks to Moss and Cooley. He led us to a bottom 10 in the league passing game. He was bottom 10 in the league in turnovers(turning it over 16 times).

Ramsey is gone, I think its a good parting, and hope for the best for him in 2006. With Brunell most likely at the helm in 2006, I also hope we can win the superbowl, and the better Brunell plays the happier I will be. But im also honest. Ramsey was good while he was here, people just like to play spin-doctor, and villify, the moment someone leaves the team or isnt a starter anymore. Ramsey was one of 3 QBs in NFL history to throw more TDs than INTs in his rookie season. His next year he threw 14 TDs and 9 INTs before being injured. His next season he didnt get to start, yet in the games he started, threw 8 TDs 5 INTs, and had a QB rating at what Brunell had last season, including games against 3 playoff teams. Those were 3 good years than many QBs would be proud of, especially considering his situation.

Lets be honest, shall we? Brunell had a good season last season, but he also had a lot of help. He did not have a great season. Ramsey is gone now, wish him the best, root for him, and move on. I seriously dont understand the need everyone has to villifiy an undeserving individual the moment he takes off a Redskins uniform.

So you complain about the people who liked Ramsey, but then you bash him and have no problem with that.

You also outright lied in most of your post. But because you want to get a point accross, you are willing to lie, hoping no one looks it up. Or you were just too lazy to get any facts straight. Lets be honest. Brunell did a good job last year. Lets also be honest about Ramsey. He did a good job in washington and didnt get a fair shake. Brunell is NOT a great QB, and he did not have a great season last year, he had a good one, thanks to Moss and Cooley. He led us to a bottom 10 in the league passing game. He was bottom 10 in the league in turnovers(turning it over 16 times).

Ramsey is gone, I think its a good parting, and hope for the best for him in 2006. With Brunell most likely at the helm in 2006, I also hope we can win the superbowl, and the better Brunell plays the happier I will be. But im also honest. Ramsey was good while he was here, people just like to play spin-doctor, and villify, the moment someone leaves the team or isnt a starter anymore. Ramsey was one of 3 QBs in NFL history to throw more TDs than INTs in his rookie season. His next year he threw 14 TDs and 9 INTs before being injured. His next season he didnt get to start, yet in the games he started, threw 8 TDs 5 INTs, and had a QB rating at what Brunell had last season, including games against 3 playoff teams. Those were 3 good years than many QBs would be proud of, especially considering his situation.

Lets be honest, shall we? Brunell had a good season last season, but he also had a lot of help. He did not have a great season. Ramsey is gone now, wish him the best, root for him, and move on. I seriously dont understand the need everyone has to villifiy an undeserving individual the moment he takes off a Redskins uniform.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Yeah, he came in for Brunell the year before last and didn't do anything with the offense. I honestly think THIS was the point in time Gibbs knew he couldn't be his QB. The embarrasing INT's against N.Y. late in the year and countless other bonehead decisions...

Ok, I completely agree with supporting Brunell, but this statement is ridiculous...

1) The Skins offense never went over 20 points until Ramsey replaced Brunell. The offense went on to score over 20 points three times in its last five games.

2) Ramsey had a QB rating of over 100 in three of those last five games as well...

3) I think you mean the INTs against N.Y. early in the year...because he was something like 17/21, 3 TDs and 0 INTs against N.Y. "late in the year"...

4) You mention that it was at that "point in time" that Gibbs felt Ramsey couldn't be his QB. If that's the case why did Gibbs "at that point in time" name Ramsey the starter for 2005?

Again, I support Brunell completely...but this ridiculous slandering of Ramsey to do so is unnecessary.

He was tough, took a beating, and continued to play...

He started this past year and held on to the ball too long and got clothes-lined(story of his career) and was taken out..

Mark Brunell ran the offense more effectively and there was no reason to go back to Patrick Ramsey...

23 TD's, 10 INT's 3000+ yards, a playoff appearance and victory(I know he was banged up and stunk)...

What makes y'all think that after the 5-11 season that Joe Gibbs was comfortable with Patrick Ramsey running his offense in his first year back? Yeah, Brunell was horrid that first year but Ramsey wasn't much better when he took over...

Joe Gibbs had confidence in Mark Brunell and stuck with him. We made the playoffs last year and I'm CONFIDENT that wouldn't have happened with Patrick Ramsey at QB...

Do we not remember the 35-7 DRUBBING of Dallas? The 35-21 DRUBBING of N.Y.? Could we ever have expected the same from a Patrick Ramsey ran offense?

We have to support the QB that has PROVEN he can run an NFL offense and lead a team to the playoffs...

Enough of Patrick Ramsey and this love-fest we have going on here... :rolleyes:

I'm with Joe Gibbs on every move he makes... :notworthy

I am defintiely a supporter of Mark Brunell, he got us to the playoffs, even with an injured knee. I have faith in his accuracy and arm, the only worry I have about Mark is his durability as the season moves on. Otherwise, he's still fit to be a starter for a few more years.

Mark,

I don't know if you read this thread or not, but I just wanted to say that I and many others have fought the good fight in your defense despite a few haters on this board. I think you're a great QB and your age only adds to the crazy grizzled general thing you've got going for you. Mark, the sky's the limit for you next year, enjoy our new receivers and continue the great play you've given us! See you at the Pro Bowl!

:logo:

Archived