Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Off to the Jets...

sweet daddy

Probibly a little bit of both OM. But I am not going to thank someone for a job not well done especially since Ramsey was a 1st round bust. And cost our team $$$$$. When you are a profesional Athlete you put your self on a pedistal. Because alot of people contribute to your salary i.e. fans. Now when you pout and cry because of Mark Brunell and start demanding trades then you loose all points in my book. Ramsey proved nothing except that he is a pretty good punching bag and a poor quarterback. I'm looking forward to the jets suprisinig everyone and drafting a top QB so old patrick will be singing the same song with NY. The only thing good Ramsey ever did for the skins is garnenr a 6th round Draft pick.

So when it comes to professional athletes that cant live up to their end of the bargin yes I have no time or patience for their cry baby antics.

Probibly a little bit of both OM. But I am not going to thank someone for a job not well done especially since Ramsey was a 1st round bust. And cost our team $$$$$. When you are a profesional Athlete you put your self on a pedistal. Because alot of people contribute to your salary i.e. fans. Now when you pout and cry because of Mark Brunell and start demanding trades then you loose all points in my book. Ramsey proved nothing except that he is a pretty good punching bag and a poor quarterback. I'm looking forward to the jets suprisinig everyone and drafting a top QB so old patrick will be singing the same song with NY. The only thing good Ramsey ever did for the skins is garnenr a 6th round Draft pick.

So when it comes to professional athletes that cant live up to their end of the bargin yes I have no time or patience for their cry baby antics.

oh please. i spend a great deal of time on this board defending joe gibbs and his decision to play brunell, but not once did i doubt ramsey's sincere attitude about wanting to play winning football for us. even when it was obvious that he was going to want a trade at season's end, he still stepped in and did a great job in the giants game just when the momentum seemed to be going in their favor.

don't bash a guy because he "cost us money". does it look like we are in a great deal of cap trouble because of him?? athletes live up to their end of the bargain in their attitude. patrick really seemed to give a lot of effort and remained classy throughout the whole season, and honestly, the time he was in washington altogether. give him that much credit.

Nothing wrong with having an over-generalized, sourpuss take. You're far from the only sourpuss on this or any other board. Problem is the way one chooses to express it. Reading your first post, one didn't see a take so much as a rude, over-the-top rant. This second post reads entirely different.

I hope the difference is obvious to everybody.

To all the people who think that the redskins did Ramsey wrong think about this. They did the best thing for ramsey they gave him a chance to go be a starter becase that was not going to happen here. he would have been 3rd string behind Mark and Jason. I dont see how that would help him very much.

Hey News Flash. Pat Ramsey is a SCRUB. He is garbage. A wasted pick. His inability to actually take reign of the QB position has cost the franchise. A first round pick who 4 years later yields a 6th?????? Give me a break. Thank God his family isnt posting on this site anymore. Now Tell pat this enjoy NY and the media as they rip up his inability to stand in the pocket and complete passes. Also tell him to say hello to Laverneous for us I hope hes doing well on one of the worst teams in the League.

Ramsey sucks good riddance to a crappy QB

This is a low-class post that would fit in nicely on the low-class Cowboys/Eagles/Raiders boards. I wonder if we could trade you?

Is there any way we can get a firm commitment on your part to follow through with this?

I usually don't get offended by other peoples opinions, but this guy is himself offensive.

There is a part of me that would like to see this whole thing collapse just so some of the people on this board would have to live with it, but I still root for the Redskins, even if a lot of the fans they have now are scum.
Why? Because it hurts your feelings to think that Gibbs might have done what he obviously did, which is to cold-heartedly screw a player for the sake of his own ego?

He had to salvage himself somehow, and he thought he could stomp all over Ramsey the way you used to be able to with players when there was no free agency. Ramsey didn't respond well, and here we are.

The only thing trash talking ramsey this much can do is bite you in the ass if he blossoms in the future.

Seriously, think about the track record of other players that were so bashed by skins fans when they left, how many of them have become better than they ever were here? Be happy for him, if you think he sucked, who cares you should get over it.

The only thing trash talking ramsey this much can do is bite you in the ass if he blossoms in the future.

Seriously, think about the track record of other players that were so bashed by skins fans when they left, how many of them have become better than they ever were here? Be happy for him, if you think he sucked, who cares you should get over it.

The thing is about that track record is that how many of those players that left here were in that time span that Gibbs was not here?

For the most part, every player in the NFL is at least decent, or else they would not have made it to this level. But I don't think Gibbs would let go of a great player. This is why he seemed genuinely upset about letting Pierce go, becuase Gibbs knew he was one of the better ones. - If the player doesn't want to be here, ie Coles, Lavar, Ramsey, their heart isn't going to be in it, that's why Gibbs caters to their departure. But in in Lavar and Ramsey's case, he also invested the time into them to try to improve them in whatever way he thought needed because he, like us, saw that potential. - If he just didn't like them as some accuse, Joe could have taken the easy road and gotten more for them 2 years ago. - It didn't work out. Now we move on.

As to the departed players topic, I always thought it would be very interesting to see some sort of meta-analysis of teams and their departed players to see how they'd all compare. Because for most of us, all we have is our selective memories, influenced by whatever personal lens directs our focus.

Trash taking ramsey or brunell is nothing I endorse. Neither have merited such although I wouldn't dump all over someone doing it moderately. It's part of being a fan for many folks. The thing that undoes some people's credibility for me, whether articulate or crude in its expression, is the analytical myopia and personal hypocrisy that's rampant in most of the extreme positions, as are certain unfortunate behavioral traits.

As for getting over it if you think Ramsey sucked, I agree. I also agree that if you think he was great, robbed, cheated, etc. you should get over that too. But it's not gonna happen :laugh:

We have our own torch-bearing mob who have been fanatically chasing Herr Dr. Gibbs Mark-n-stein all along the way, or the adida-robed brethren worshipping Lord Lavar with equal fervor, and that's not going to change anytime soon either. So keep your powder dry and choose your target carefully :laugh:

I'm old and poor; I need to conserve my ammo :D

Nah, I'm still a Redskins fan...but I probably will ease off posting on this board. I don't like the people here.

We can only hope you mean it. Although, since Patrick's gone, you have to ease off. That was the only topic you posted about. Maybe you can join the Jets forum and trash Pennington with the same passion you used here.

oh please. i spend a great deal of time on this board defending joe gibbs and his decision to play brunell, but not once did i doubt ramsey's sincere attitude about wanting to play winning football for us. even when it was obvious that he was going to want a trade at season's end, he still stepped in and did a great job in the giants game just when the momentum seemed to be going in their favor.

don't bash a guy because he "cost us money". does it look like we are in a great deal of cap trouble because of him?? athletes live up to their end of the bargain in their attitude. patrick really seemed to give a lot of effort and remained classy throughout the whole season, and honestly, the time he was in washington altogether. give him that much credit.

I agree, lark. Pat gets very well paid, and I have my own thoughts about how we as a society tend to either baby or savage our millionaire entertainment figures in bizarre fashion, but big deal.

Pat could have caused a lot of turmoil by acting out and he didn't. He always did his best as far as I can tell. We can debate his talent level or circumstances without trashing the guy. Same with discussing Mark Brunell. Like Om, I always thought the ocassional smack-talking rant was ok, but you can tell the diff between that and consistent, un-warranted character assasination.

I'm looking forward to some new dialogues, hopefully fun ones, about a new QB about to take the field, even as our veteran guy still comptently does his job :cheers:

This thread was so confusing, so who was that guy anyways?

That was Ramsey's pool boy, Raul. Raul has always had a thing for Patrick, but has never dared confront him about it. Instead he just leans over Patrick holding a bottle of sunscreen, staring at his glistening chest while he sunbathes. :silly:

In all seriousness though, best of luck to Patrick, as he should defintely give Chad a run for his money. However, don't anyone doubt for a second Brunell isn't our guy. He had a great year, w/ very few mistakes, and returned us to the playoffs. You can't argue w/ results. Also, if Redskins history has taught us anything, it's that Gibbs knows his QB's. Heck, he's the only coach to win 3 SB's w/ 3 different QB's. Trust in Gibbs and all worries shall leave you.

Archived