Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randle El: a perfect Joe Gibbs Redskin

georgiaredskin

He's a man of God!!! I'm so excited we got him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06044/654608.stm

The Steelers' Antwaan Randle El tells Peters congregation Bible is the 'game plan of life'

Monday, February 13, 2006

By Jan Ackerman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

During the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, the Steelers practiced hard, hobnobbed with the news media and enjoyed a feast at the home of Jerome Bettis' parents in Detroit.

Antwaan Randle El takes a seat on a child's bike after signing it in to be auctioned off for charity at South Hills Bible Chapel in Peters yesterday. Mr. Randle El spoke to the congregation about his faith.

Yesterday, wide receiver Antwaan Randle El talked about another custom practiced by about a dozen team members in the week before the Super Bowl and throughout the championship season: a weekly Bible study.

"We take 20 or 30 minutes and give time to God," Mr. Randle El told an overflow crowd yesterday at South Hills Bible Chapel in Peters.

"The Bible is the game plan of life," he said.

He said the team's mid-week Bible study was new this season, but praying together before a big game is a common practice for a core group of Christian Steelers.

"We pray for God's will to be done. We pray for our families. We pray for the safety of the team," he said.

I thought I got it on here. :whoknows:

If not, I googled it.

Reason I asked was I think I actually took that pic. I just don't ever remember seeing the ES game pic thread from that game.

I disagree with Randel El, all flash, no sustance. Gibbs should be able to get him to play a bit better though. . .

chom...Have you ever in your life...I mean even once...Ever...Typed the following words....

I agree.

:laugh: ;)

Reason I asked was I think I actually took that pic. I just don't ever remember seeing the ES game pic thread from that game.

For some reason I thought you were being sarcastic. Then I thought: "TK, sarcastic,........NAH!!!" Great pic, BTW. I always thank you guys for the pics. But again, thanks for the great pics!!!!!

He's a man of God!!! I'm so excited we got him.

"We take 20 or 30 minutes and give time to God," Mr. Randle El told an overflow crowd yesterday at South Hills Bible Chapel in Peters.

"The Bible is the game plan of life," he said.

He said the team's mid-week Bible study was new this season, but praying together before a big game is a common practice for a core group of Christian Steelers.

"We pray for God's will to be done. We pray for our families. We pray for the safety of the team," he said.

Is it any wonder then, that the Steelers won the Super Bowl this year.....same reason we won so many with Gibbs....and will win some more.

Archived