Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Say No.....................To Adam Archuleta

#1SkinsFan

Williams likes to use all his personell and all players bring different things. You may have 11 'starters' on defnse but you use more than twice that in an actual game.

Hopefully, we get AA, re-sign Clark and have depth at a position where both will see plenty of playing time and make it difficult for defenses to expose weaknesses.

Then he can do the same to Ryan Clark.

No, anyone with a good working pair of eyes can see that Adam has more speed, size, and strength then Ryan Clark. That's not saying Clark is a bad player, but Greg Williams likes his safeties, and Adam is just an overall better prospect to put next to Sean Taylor. Think about it; he'll come cheap, and if it works, you'll have three starting quality safeties capable of cleanly knock your head off when you go over the middle. Isn't that what makes a great football team? Depth and the ability to inflict pain? :)

GW can turn Archuleta into a pro bowler.

Ryan can be turned into a bowler also. But adam in GW game can be such a force. Adam used to play LB at ASU, so using him like GW was starting to use Bowen before Bowen got hurt can be lethal. Thats why i want him.

Ryan can be turned into a bowler also. But adam in GW game can be such a force. Adam used to play LB at ASU, so using him like GW was starting to use Bowen before Bowen got hurt can be lethal. Thats why i want him.

That's what I'm saying... Archuleta is a lot like Bowen, but a lot better. When healthy (one or two games, lol) Bowen was great in GW system.

For the money Clark is a better value. I won't be upset if we get AA, but I will be miffed if we sink a good amount of our limited CAP into him.

GW and Co must like him because of his ability to bring the QB down on a blitz.

AA would likely be an upgrade but probably not to the level of the price gap btw them. Please move on Front Office!!

absolutely correct !! what williams wants is a safety who can crash the qb on blitzes. bowen could do it before he got hurt. clark is fine tackling inthe secondary but doesn't blitz well. wiliams love 5 def formations using 3 safeties (that is why he used prioleau so much last year. but proleau doesn't blitz well either) that is where archuleta comes in. he will blitz well because of his size and temperment. it does not mean we wont sign clark as well.

having taylor, prioleau, archuleta and clark would give williams tremendous flexibility.

we could see bowen back at a reduced price? but i think he has lost something so i doubt it. or worst case scenario is we keep the same safeties for next year, but we could end up drafting a guy like griffin who could play both safety and corner

i would :cry: if they got this archuletta guy instead of resigning ryan clark. if you think about it why would they not sign ryan clark who is cheap and is proven and solid in our defense to sign this other guy that is a complete ???? doesnt sound right to me.....

My misgiving about Archuletta is yes he is a big hitter, but he's not that big of a playmaker. And being a former 1st round draft choice (as I vaguely recall), he's probably looking for a big money contract before he rides off into the sunset. :doh:

I say re-sign Ryan Clark, who is younger and should be cheaper. :D

Of course if we did wind up with Archuletta along with Sean Taylor, the other teams will have to pass out smelling salts to their WR's before games. :laugh:

Vikings fans hate Chavous. I don't think that we want him either. The Redskins have done a pretty good job of assessing talent lately, so if they want Archuleta, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that we get him. Maybe they are worried about Clark holding up for an entire season. I am glad that they want to keep Clark!

I think signing Archuleta would mainly be for replacement of Sean Taylor in case of legal issues or just to have some depth. He's a good football player but i think we would be in better position starting Ryan Clark in the secondary.

Its worth more to the team in my opinion to keep Clark than to sign AA. Clark while maybe not exactly as talented as AA, we KNOW can fit a Williams defense, and fits well with Taylor, and is a guy that the rest of his teamates would want back. Its not all about talent, its about how well a team works together on and off the field. Clark in my mind fits the Redskins perfectly, and what he may lack a little in size and raw talent, he more than makes up for with his work ethic, and his bond with his teamates.

(1) Even if the Skins want to re-sign Clark -- which I'm confident they do -- that's no guarantee that Clark wouldn't go someplace else for more money. So the Skins have to look at other options anyway.

(2) Even if the Skins are targeting Archuletta -- remember, this is just a rumor -- that by no way means that they won't also try to re-sign Clark. GW has said multiple times that versatility in the secondary is one of his main goals.

(3) Relax. If Gibbs and GW has proven anything over the past 2 years it's that they are very good at identifying players in free agency that will help this team. Let everything play out before you play Monday-Morning-Quarterback.

Depth people, depth.

Exactly. and what if Taylor goes to the pokie? No depth. In Gibbs I trust. Much more than fans. If this message board controlled our front office then we'd have KW2 and Mike Williams and Moss & Cooley wouldn't be here. Oh and Ramsey would be signed to an unconditional lifetime contract that guarantees him to be the starter until he's 53 yrs old.

Maybe Clark said he'll explore free agency to get Dan Snyder to pay him more

Maybe Dan Snyder is going to St-Louis to let Clark know he can find others

Maybe Superman will join the skins

Who knows about the whole situation, but I think the schemes we have on defense are incredible and as long as everyone does his job, we'll do great. Whatever happens is good.

Get Archuleta, lose Clark : Two big hitting safeties, intimidated WRs

No Archuleta, Keep Clark: Great, keep what we had going last year

Get Archuleta, Keep Clark: Archuleta in on blitzes, Clark in on big passing plays, who knows, both get to rest more.

:cheers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2568

We do not want Adam Archuleta here. Why?????????

He only has 3 INTs and 3 forced fumbles in his career. Sean Taylor had more than 3 ints in his rookie season. We need to resign Ryan Clark, b/c he has more potential and is younger. I know some of you will say he hits hard, but so does Clark. I If we are going to get a safety, it needs to be Corey Chavous if anyone, but not Archuleta.

Let the bashing begin. LOL

I think its a "positive" thing....GW likes this guy for some reason, probably knows he will flourish in our system! Plus he helps create more packages, look at his sack totals each year. Not bad, and i bet a lot of those tackles were from run support. Hes a 3 down guy on the field, and PLUS he might be good at special teams? you know...

I prefer unbiased opinions. Those on this board do not apply. If you say Ryan Clark is better than Archuleta, then you are obviously suffering from a case of homerism. Everyone around here always overvalues players on the team while undervaluing everyone on any other team.

Knowing what Williams likes to do with his DBs (mainly blitzing and having the safeties playing man up on various positions or having those safeties blitz) it would seem Archuleta is a better fit for his defense.

Adam Archuleta | S

Full Name: Adam Jason Archuleta

Born: November 27, 1977

Chandler, AZ

Height: 6-0

Weight: 223 lbs.

Pos: S

Experience: 5 years

College: Arizona State

Drafted: Year:2001 Round:1 Pick:20, Rams

Insider Analysis

Grade 75

Expert's Take He is an undersized SS who makes a lot of plays. He is not the same type of player, but the Rams try to do a lot of the same things Pittsburgh does with Troy Polamalu. He has very good straight-line speed for the position. He can come up on the line and match up with the TE in man-to-man situations. They will walk him up over the TE and he gets a nice jam, not allowing the TE to get a clean release. He plays more physical than his size. He flashes the foot quickness to align over a receiver in the slot. He is a solid zone safety -- has very good instincts. He closes well forward and to the sidelines in Cover 2. He is a smart player -- excellent instincts and can distinguish quickly between the run and pass. He anticipates well and shows excellent route recognition. He plays bigger than his size as a hitter -- can blow up ball carrriers and receivers when he gets them lined up. He did not play as well down in the box last season. He tends to get out-sized when blockers are able to reach him. He is not quick to shed blocks in run support. Because of his aggressiveness he does get out of position at times. He will overrun the ball in run support. He is more of a drag-down tackler -- better hitter than wrap-and-finish safety. Though he is fast, he can take some poor angles in coverage. He struggles in coverage as the deep safety. He does not have great ball skills in deep coverage. Overall, he is a high-energy player who flies to the ball. He loves football and plays with passion. He is a good Cover 2 SS and is effective enough dropping down in the box. He has the ability to make a team better in the back end.

Ryan Clark | S

Full Name: Ryan Clark

Born: October 12, 1979

Marrero, LA

Height: 5-11

Weight: 205 lbs.

Pos: S

Experience: 4 years

College: LSU

Insider Analysis

Grade 69

Expert's Take Clark has above average athletic ability and he is a lot quicker than he is fast. He is an active player who is a better run stopper than he is a pass defender. He has good recognition skills vs the run. He is instinctive locating the ball and he does a good job of supporting the run both inside and outside. He takes good angled to the ball, he will slip and avoid blockers and he is a good technique tackler who breaks down and wraps you up. He has good overall defensive back skills and techniques. He has good foot quickness he is low in his back pedal and he has good balance and agility. However, Clark is best when he can keep everything in front of him. He is a much better zone player than is man to man player. He does a nice job on his drops and planting and driving to the ball. He has decent change of direction skill but not great. He is not fluid in his hips and he will lose speed in transition when has to turn and run in man coverage. He lacks good catch up speed and you do not see a burst. He sometimes to aggressive on his run support and will overall the ball carrier. He lacks ideal size, strength and bulk and will get bounced around some at the point of attack vs the run. Overall, Clark is good against the run, he is a good hitter and he is not afraid to mix it up. He struggles in man coverage. He plays hard, has a good the work ethic and he does not take plays off when he is on the backside. He is an adequate starter but his lack of man to man cover skills keeps him from being a good starter.

Archuleta could put this defense over the top. Having another guy in the secondary that can play man to man opens up so many options for "the tastefull named" Gregg Williams...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2568

We do not want Adam Archuleta here. Why?????????

He only has 3 INTs and 3 forced fumbles in his career. Sean Taylor had more than 3 ints in his rookie season. We need to resign Ryan Clark, b/c he has more potential and is younger. I know some of you will say he hits hard, but so does Clark. I If we are going to get a safety, it needs to be Corey Chavous if anyone, but not Archuleta.

Let the bashing begin. LOL

well clark only has 3 ints and 2 forced fumbles in his career so what does it matter?

Archuleta is on a terrible rams defence and is a good player gregg williams can turn him into a star on the field

Archived