Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Say No.....................To Adam Archuleta

#1SkinsFan

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2568

We do not want Adam Archuleta here. Why?????????

He only has 3 INTs and 3 forced fumbles in his career. Sean Taylor had more than 3 ints in his rookie season. We need to resign Ryan Clark, b/c he has more potential and is younger. I know some of you will say he hits hard, but so does Clark. I If we are going to get a safety, it needs to be Corey Chavous if anyone, but not Archuleta.

Let the bashing begin. LOL

Stats are overrated, dude. I'm sure a lot of bum safeties in the NFL this year got more interceptions than Sean Taylor. Are they better than him? Of course not.

Shawn Springs didn't have many interceptions this year, so does he suck?

For the money Clark is a better value. I won't be upset if we get AA, but I will be miffed if we sink a good amount of our limited CAP into him.

GW and Co must like him because of his ability to bring the QB down on a blitz.

AA would likely be an upgrade but probably not to the level of the price gap btw them. Please move on Front Office!!

I'm not a big fan of signing Archuleta either, but not because of his stats, because I think the Safety position is one of strength for the Skins. Taylor (who is NOT going to jail), Clark, Prioleau, and Stoutmire...I don't think we need another safety. :2cents: I'd much rather see that money spent elsewhere, like on a couple quality depth OLinemen or a quality DE.

GW can turn Archuleta into a pro bowler.

I agree

Clark is a great team guy but he lacks great talent but he makes up for it in technique.

Archuleta has great talent ,but he has been stuck on a horrible rams defense where technique isn't what they teach ,cause if they did they wouldn't suck.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2568

We do not want Adam Archuleta here. Why?????????

He only has 3 INTs and 3 forced fumbles in his career. Sean Taylor had more than 3 ints in his rookie season. We need to resign Ryan Clark, b/c he has more potential and is younger. I know some of you will say he hits hard, but so does Clark. I If we are going to get a safety, it needs to be Corey Chavous if anyone, but not Archuleta.

Let the bashing begin. LOL

someone made an excellent point in the actual archuleta thread. why this wasnt added there, im not sure, but i digress...

the skins want to resign ryan clark AND sign archuleta. Archuleta may only have 3 INTs but he has 15 sacks. Archuleta is really an undersized linebacker and is best used to blitz the QB or stop the run from the safety position. This is something Matt Bowen was pretty good at in 2004.

Archuleta is to replace Matt Bowen, NOT Ryan Clark. So, maybe you should retitle your thread "say yes to Archuleta so that we can replace the vacancy left by the worthless Matt Bowen"

someone made an excellent point in the actual archuleta thread. why this wasnt added there, im not sure, but i digress...

the skins want to resign ryan clark AND sign archuleta. Archuleta may only have 3 INTs but he has 15 sacks. Archuleta is really an undersized linebacker and is best used to blitz the QB or stop the run from the safety position. This is something Matt Bowen was pretty good at in 2004.

Archuleta is to replace Matt Bowen, NOT Ryan Clark. So, maybe you should retitle your thread "say yes to Archuleta so that we can replace the vacancy left by the worthless Matt Bowen"

Hmmm...I agree that Matt "Bad-Angle" Bowen was pretty worthless, but I don't think we need to replace him. Plus, Archuleta would be a pretty expensive guy to have ride the pine (unless you'd advocate benching Clark -- I think he earned a starting spot last season).

i think this is nothing more then a setup to the other nfl teams we need a wr or de not a saftey

I agree, I think our interest in Archuleta may be a lot like the alleged interest we had in T.O. I always thought Archuleta was overrated and a liability in coverage. He can come up and rush the passer or play the run but so can everyone else on our team.

Hmmm...I agree that Matt "Bad-Angle" Bowen was pretty worthless, but I don't think we need to replace him. Plus, Archuleta would be a pretty expensive guy to have ride the pine (unless you'd advocate benching Clark -- I think he earned a starting spot last season).

Well the thing about Greg William's defense is "everyone is a starter." That's not entirely true, but I can see Archuleta and Clark getting about the same amount of playing time. Clark would be used when we needed to cover a receiver or tight end, and Archuleta would be used in obvious running situations or in safety blitz packages. Clark is defiantely better at playing cover, however.

To be totally honest, I have never really seen the way Archuleta roams the field and therefore I do not really know his style of football. But I do know that Archuleta is no push-over and I think they skins' should try to sign him at a reasonable price for depth.

Archived