Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Say No.....................To Adam Archuleta

#1SkinsFan

Stats are overrated, dude. I'm sure a lot of bum safeties in the NFL this year got more interceptions than Sean Taylor. Are they better than him? Of course not.

Shawn Springs didn't have many interceptions this year, so does he suck?

Very true, but the rams D sucked. Meaning that they had even more opportunities to rack up stats. Springs didn't have INTs because QBs avoided his side and he didn't have many chances. Nobody is avoiding throwing to Archuleta.

Stats for a good D will be lower than those on a bad D because there will be fewer attempts against them due to causing 3 and outs.

Archuleta is seriously overrated and would likely cost alot more than Ryan Clark. I am much more comfortable with Clark out there than Archuleta.

AA has a lot more potential which think GW would tap into if we got him. It just doesnt seem like we are tending to our most urgent needs. None of us would really object to adding him, but it would be like the US sealing the Canadian boarder when we have millions of people getting through the southern boarder. Its nice, but we dont need it that bad.

PS: hi aaron, my i didnt say anything

Looking at past stats mean absolutely nothing, in a bend but don't break defense(which is what St. Louis played for the majority of the time while he was there) your job is not to get beat deep and be a very good tackler. He will be coming to play in a very organized attacking defense, he will be used in a totally different manner. He might not do very well or he could explode into a defensive force. If Greg Williams wants him for his defense and if it happens then thats enough for me. I would like for them to keep Clark around as well.

Archuleta is great around the line of scrimmage. He is strong in run support and is a very effective pass rusher from the SS position.

He's not a top notch cover guy but not alot of strong safeties are. They are meant to cover underneath and support in the running game.

He'd be far more productive in this defense than Ryan Clark.

So everyone here so far has been comparing Clark's and Archuleta's skills and the types of defenses they played for. But how about Archuleta's back? Doesn't he have MAJOR back problems? The last thing we would want would be for him to come in, be great for a few games, then get the injury bug (sorta like what happened to Bowen).

Archuleta is great around the line of scrimmage. He is strong in run support and is a very effective pass rusher from the SS position.

He's not a top notch cover guy but not alot of strong safeties are. They are meant to cover underneath and support in the running game.

He'd be far more productive in this defense than Ryan Clark.

archuleta did play FS before this year along side aneas williams

Archuleta would start regardless. If Talyor isn't available Clark would move to FS, which he's probably better suited for anyway. With Archuleta and Taylor starting, Clark would probably become the primary nickel back to replace Harris.

Archuleta would start regardless. If Talyor isn't available Clark would move to FS, which he's probably better suited for anyway. With Archuleta and Taylor starting, Clark would probably become the primary nickel back to replace Harris.

Alright, now I'm down right sold on it !!

Sign both........

I like the idea of having Clark as a nickel.

And remember, GW loves to switch players in and out.

Guest amaprius

If Stoutmire is kept expect Clark to be gone and vice versa.

I think it is a choice of one or the other.

I think Clark wins out because he is better than Stoutmire...but so is Archuleta...

Archuleta gives us a QB attacking S rather than a coverage guy.

We have enough coverage type DB's right now.

Williams wants to be able to make the QB's quiver when they see our defense with LB's and DB's ready to slam them in the dirt on any given play.

Just watch the type of LB's and DB's he gets this offseason....they will bring fear to QB's....Can you say Ray Lewis?

Archived