Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Put it Down in Black & White: Skins 1st player signed is...

E-Dog Night

hard to tell, because Mathis might think he is worth a lot of money no matter what team he signs with, and Pryce might want way too much money seeing how this is most likely going to be the final contract he signs, and as far as Bruce goes, i would love to see another seasoned veteran with great hands and route running skills on the Redskins, but the Rams might have dropped him simply to see first find out what was going to happen with the CBA, and might very well re-sign him.

so i put my money on Trevor Pryce, because the Redskins could still use Wynn on obvious run plays, but meanwhile spell not only Wynn with Pryce, but at times spell Daniels to keep their D-Line fresh on the edge, and on obvious passing downs or 3rd and long situations go with both Daniels and Pryce. that would be a great combination i think.

skinfan13 brought to my attention that my post came off as being rude and a little disrespectful. I have since let him know that I am sorry for this. A lot of people have recently suggested the site be split by age. i find the older posters remarks to be very insightful and I wouldn't enjoy this site half as much as I do if I was not able to interact w/ the older, more experienced folks. My paranoia got the better of me and I did not use good judgement and did not notice the age and experience of the original poster. I over stepped my bounds, as someone w/ more experience should have been the one to point out if there was anything wrong. I have been a guest of this site for a few years and I am familiar w/ the rules and the flow of things. Only this past month did I obtain regular internet access and become a member, and even then I had to wait awhile before I could post. While I only had the best of intentions I once again recognize that I am WRONG in this case. While the mods have recommended we help police each other, I have been doing it a little too often, and in this case, in my opinion, I was wrong to do so. TO E-DOG NIGHT I AM SORRY.

Not to be a jerk, but please use your search button before starting a thread. This topic could easily have gone in a number of already existing threads. As per the current rumors, you are probably right though, so long as Bruce doesn't call for too much money.

i think some poeple just stroll threads waiting to use the "existing thread" my god stop being asses...let the mods handle it if it is a problem :2cents: :doh:

Guess I will be the odd man out when I say that I have very little interest in Bruce, Givens, or Pryce ( and some of you will say, "good thing you dont run things", or such). I see all three of those names and say no thanks. This was an obstacle that would have never been in place if not for a few bad choices in the past, lets try to learn from the past.

Build on the youth, build on the playmakers, build on potential.

Those big dollar FA players or old former stars can just walk on by.

Get some younger players that can get the job done like Portis, Washington, and so on.

But I figure my join date and # of posts should have earned me the benefit of the doubt that I am aware of & adhere to proper posting etiquette.

Both of those facts are completely irrelevant, because one rule of etiquette you have broken, is cluttering up the thread with useless responses that are completely off topic, and on more than one occasion in this thread alone i might add. now i have to waste more space in here just to tell you this so you don't continue to fill the thread with poster bashing comments. I have a headache.

We should sign Antonio Bryant at 12:01. His freakish ability to go up and get a ball and shield off defenders is the perfect compliment to Moss who for sure will get doubled from the start next season. He had almost 1,000 yards in Cleveland and wasnt in the best situation in Dallas.

Moss

Bryant

Patten

Guess I will be the odd man out when I say that I have very little interest in Bruce, Givens, or Pryce ( and some of you will say, "good thing you dont run things", or such). I see all three of those names and say no thanks. This was an obstacle that would have never been in place if not for a few bad choices in the past, lets try to learn from the past.

Build on the youth, build on the playmakers, build on potential.

Those big dollar FA players or old former stars can just walk on by.

Get some younger players that can get the job done like Portis, Washington, and so on.

Agree 100%, the rule should be, if the player is over 30 pass on him as a free agent. I think the Redskins have been leaning this way the last two years (Patton being the exception) and the results are vastly better than previous years. This year I'd target WRs Robinson and/or Bryant, and DE John Abraham. I don't think we need LBs (the stable is pretty full in that area). I'd draft for OL depth.

Agree 100%, the rule should be, if the player is over 30 pass on him as a free agent. I think the Redskins have been leaning this way the last two years (Patton being the exception) and the results are vastly better than previous years. This year I'd target WRs Robinson and/or Bryant, and DE John Abraham. I don't think we need LBs (the stable is pretty full in that area). I'd draft for OL depth.

Are you serious? We have nearly $20 million in cap space and you just want to stand pat and go 10-6 again? :doh: More power to ya buddy, but that's not how you win superbowls. Can you imagine if we decided to just pass on Brunell and say Ramsey was the answer?

Reggie Wayne recently signed a contract that made him the 3rd highest paid WR.

Don't let his mediocrity fool you, David Givens is the biggest name on the WR market right now. He will not be cheap. He is going to get a big contract. He is going to get the money of a top #1 WR, when he never has nor ever will top 1000 yards.

Ask yourself if he deserves a contract that rivals that of Santana Moss.

He was on a Super Bowl team with a Pro Bowl QB and a top offensive line. Like David Patten, he is not going to produce any better than he did when he was with the Patriots. We don't have the QB or line to make mediocre WRs shine like the Patriots can.

Look at the stats of David Givens and David Patten (before he came here). They are very similar. What about David Givens makes people think he can be a star here when David Patten was a bust?

He would be a fine signing at the right price, but I'd rather spend the big money on a big time WR at #2. That is not David Givens. For that kind of money, we need a guy to stretch the field, make defenses afraid and put up 1000+ yards. He probably should draw a double team, which Givens would never do.

It will be a Ram, but not Bruce.

We're gonna Adam Archaletta. Count it.

I don't think we get Givens, and we might not wind up with Bruce either.

But I do think we get some LB depth, and maybe an outside shot at somebody like Eric Moulds.

This will be a piece filling free agent run...not a start studded one. Which is fine by me.

I am going to go with Adam Vinateri. NOBODY is a clutch as him and if we meet with him we might as wee talk to givens while we are in the area.

While I think Vinateri would be the most important kicker, I think we sign the punter from the Ravens, Dave Zastudil first. Alot of hang time and he can kick it off deep. Vinateri's gonna require some competition from other teams and may take an additional day to get.

Archived