Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Put it Down in Black & White: Skins 1st player signed is...

E-Dog Night

im one of the biggest suporters of the respect given/earned system but i just thought i ought to point out one thing: your join date, his join date, your avatar and his avatar, i think Dog-K deserves to have someone who has been around longer and knows him to point out the issue you raised to him. as he is an expirienced poster its safe to say he probably knows a little more about what goes on here than you do, being that you have been here hardly a month. if anyone needs to learn how to use the search button it whould be the people who joined from NOV 2005 to now (note that i am included in this group).

and no offense to you in anyway, but the tone of your post came across to me as subtley rude, you seem to convey that you think by saying "please use your search button before starting a thread" you are implying with your choice of words that:

a) you have more expirience than him

B) you feel a need to reprimand

c) you have the authority to reprimand

please understand that an expirenced poster like Dog-K will be talked to by a mod if this truly were a situation to require what you told him. this topic itself is i agree much too talked about but please choose your words better next time when pointing that out.

please let the mods do their job, let the expirienced posters do theirs and above all enjoy the site without having to pont out the shortcomings of people

:applause:

please let the mods do their job, let the expirienced posters do theirs and above all enjoy the site without having to pont out the shortcomings of people
The mods have asked us to police ourselves, so a reminder like that is not by itself out of line (though I agree the tone and timing was a bit abrupt).

Even though my gut tells me we're going to persue a receiver on the opening day of free agency, I'll throw a name out there that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread—Jerry Azumah, former cornerback and pro-bowl kick returner for the Chicago Bears.

He is a guy that can fill in well for us as a nickel cornerback, and he can also play special teams. Also, some of our defensive coaches are familiar with him, from coaching him in Chicago.

I'm starting to re-think my stance on Isaac Bruce. He's another smallish WR, and this will be his 13th season. Great team guy that Gibbs likes but I think the aforementioned facts will be his undoing, not just with the Skins but in the NFL in general. I could actually see the Eagles picking him, though.

And I kind of see Trevor Pryce is an only slightly inproved version of Wynn, plus he's getting up there - he'll be 30 at the start of the seasonm which means, based on avergares, he's only got a year or two of good production left.

What's wrong with John Abraham again? 6' 4" 258, can play the run and get after the QB, 27 years old...???

His price tag. :)

Yeah, it's likely to be pretty steep. But, after all is said and done, the money should be there for him - we are, from what I've read on this board, somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 - 21 million UNDER the cap, depending on how things pan out. And we have a bit of history with the Jets.

Not to be a jerk, but please use your search button before starting a thread. This topic could easily have gone in a number of already existing threads. As per the current rumors, you are probably right though, so long as Bruce doesn't call for too much money.

Not to be a jerk, but since when did newbs with barely 200 posts start dishing out orders around here? :doh:

Now that the Redskins will be eleventy billion dollars under the cap, place your bets: who will be the first player they will sign?

My money is on Issac Bruce.

If you want to see a list of available players and their current status, feel free to reference the link below.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

As of 1:00 AM Thursday, March 09 I heard about the league agreeing on the new cba deal. I was so excited for the redskins organization that I began singing a song. The song's only lyrics are

Randle El, Randle El, Randle El(etc)

Thats the song it just keeps repeating in a very celebratory way. They should do everything they can to get him WITHOUT SACRIFICING TOO MUCH. He is what Joe Gibbs and the offensive coaching staff are looking for. He is a short reciever but the important part aside from him being a really great reciever is that he can play special teams. I don't know if Issac Bruce plays special teams. And the other thing is that he is getting somewhat old. Even though the coaching staff somewhat likes getting their players through free agency, I don't think that they will want to sign a long term contract with a player that is as old as he is. Which is not to say that he is too old to play the game it is just he may be a little to old for a long term contract, hey he has been in the league for 12 years and Randle El has only been in it for 4 years.

Not to be a jerk, but since when did newbs with barely 200 posts start dishing out orders around here? :doh:
already taken care of by myself earlier;) since hes not currently around i'll drop hm a PM of the 2 posts in difrent threads ive made to him on the subject

Although coming from another new guy, I've seen a lot of this around here. I've also seen it completly take over a thread...

So to get this off of everyone's mind, I will now throw out an oddball.

I say our first FA will be... Brian Finneran :D

This board semi-regulates itself. There's people on this message board with 6,000 posts, that start up nonsense threads. Hell, I'm sure there's a few ppl on this board that think I'm full of it. But, regulating the board is our duty. Which is why the redskins went after this board in the first place. :cheers:

However, I don't agree with the person that posted that statement. Regardless, I'd much rather read a few posts in a thread stating that it is redundant, as opposed to seeing multiple threads with the same subject.

This board semi-regulates itself. There's people on this message board with 6,000 posts, that start up nonsense threads. Hell, I'm sure there's a few ppl on this board that think I'm full of it. But, regulating the board is our duty. Which is why the redskins went after this board in the first place. :cheers:

However, I don't agree with the person that posted that statement. Regardless, I'd much rather read a few posts in a thread stating that it is redundant, as opposed to seeing multiple threads with the same subject.

absolutely true, however as i posted before when i pointed elkabong or whoever he is about his post i had a problem with his tone, not the subject material of his post about the search option. if you look at the post im talking about (third one, first page) you'll see what i mean, his post cam across as subtly rude to me

absolutely true, however as i posted before when i pointed elkabong or whoever he is about his post i had a problem with his tone, not the subject material of his post about the search option. if you look at the post im talking about (third one, first page) you'll see what i mean, his post cam across as subtly rude to me

I understand where you're coming from, comments didn't seem too bad though, oh well...

Archived