Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Solution in the war between the Newbies and the Toadies.

desertfox59

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is Just an Idea to end the war between the Newbies and their quest for freedom and the Toadies and their quest for Quality.

I really believe that both sides have valid points and I think that My solution provides concessions to both without changing the overall aspects of this board.

Here's the solution:

1) a new forum within the stadium forum...

this forum, called the "locker room" would originally consist of the Mods only.

they would then vote to include members out of the community who they felt were producing threads and posts of the type of quality that the Vets and Toadies are looking for. This would free the stadium of the need to q-bert all the newbies and would also encourage the stadium quality to go up without the whole negativity of the toadie swarm, because membership in the elite locker room would be contingent on the type of quality posts and thread that you produce.

new locker room members would be on a trial basis and would have to in turn earn the right to vote on the locker rooms new members taken out of the stadium pool....elections would be once a month for both membership into the locker room and locker room members voting privileges...Members in the locker room would have access to the stadium and maybe other special places that members to the stadium would not have.

Yes Mods it would take some work at first....but considering how this site is only going to continue to grow, A little organization and effort now could save you a lot of heart ache in the future and keep this place happy on both sides of the argument....

thoughts?

I dont think so, because I prefer to lurk and read alot of threads throughout the day. My posts are very minimal compared to some, however I also hate reading 100's of people opinions in 100 different threads that could be in one thread on the same topic.

People need to learn how to open threads they think will be interesting instead of just opening threads to find out the thread sucks therefore creating an opportunity to blast the thread starter. On other hand stupid thread starters need to be more respectful and learn what is acceptable on the extreme skins board. The one thing I may think could be interesting is adding a forum where people can blast each other for typing "stupid threads" this could possibly be called the "Stupid Thread Forum".

desertfox59,

The vet members here are not Toadies. This is a community that has been self policing since day one. It is a system put inplace by the founders and encouraged to this day. It is a system that has helped to keep the quality of this site higher than that of any other forum I've participated in. They are not mod wannabe brown nosers. What they are, is a group intent on maintaining the quality of the community. In doing so, new members are expected to read the rules and follow them.

I don't like the idea of a Vet forum. What I like is the idea that new members be expected to follow the rules and be held accountable when they don't. If you want to be inundated with low quality posts, go elsewhere. This really isn't a difficult concept. If you can't make a more thoughtful post then "Player A sucks", or refrain from starting a new thread on a topic that already has 6 threads, then you're not going to be welcome here for long.

It's a bad idea for a very simple reason.

This isn't the war of the roses. It's not a battle between vets and newbies. Many newbies are highly quality posters. Many vets aren't exactly perfect -- obvious exception, me. The point is not to essentially let one forum become a rant forum and another forum be designed for intelligent discussion.

We want everyone to understand this is an intelligent community. It doesn't require your constant breathlessness every time there's a HINT of news. Post news and tidbits. Put a thoughtful opinion in such threads. Offer a unique, interesting analysis for others to post on.

Make it mildly readable. Somewhat topical. Accurate.

These are simple, basic community standards that do not require a second forum to achieve. Simply it requires self-control and an understanding that not everything you have to say has to be said. You being the universal you.

Even I have slowed down content posting for a spell to watch some things develop because even my excellent brains aren't always needed. If I can hold myself back, others with far more feeble minds can too :).

In a word? No. It's simple, follow the guidelines and all is well. If not, enjoy a vacation whether it be temporary or permanent. But, I will say this, just because one poster has 20,000+ posts doesn't mean they are any more knowledgeable a 'skins fan than a poster with 200 posts. There has been too much harsh criticism on this board recently when it comes to the new posters. Some justified, others, not so much. Remember we all started out with 0 posts. :2cents:

You gotta agree to disagree on an internet message board. There are definitely too many Chiefs and not enough Indians at some times. When you hav a message board as popular as this one, with so many things going on to keep your interest, stuff like that is going to happen.

As far as posting goes I think some on this board have become Extremeskins fans more than Redskins fans. Meaning they sometimes take the word of the organization and Mods as Gospel instead of forming their own ideas.

I agree with Art, and I'd add this - why not let mods do their job, which is policing new thread creation and posting? This extra forum idea adds a lot of complexity and confusion and basically sidesteps the whole point of moderators. Common sense moderators + self control of the masses == forum nirvana.

and u talk about this topic. LOL 3, 2, 1 closed. this is a quality thread, not !!!!!!!!!

Just curious here: what are you adding when you post something like the above? Do you think it improves the thread or makes you more of a Redskins fan?

What's your mindset when you post something like this?

Just curious here: what are you adding when you post something like the above? Do you think it improves the thread or makes you more of a Redskins fan?

sorry, iheart, it just seemed though everyone was opposed to the idea. and i basically summed up in my words. The idea of 2 forums, people will make non-sense topics just to join the elite posters, and also this is why this forum is great, it is very organized already and most topics are closed or merged if they are similiar.

sorry, iheart, it just seemed though everyone was opposed to the idea. and i basically summed up in my words. The idea of 2 forums, people will make non-sense topics just to join the elite posters, and also this is why this forum is great, it is very organized already and most topics are closed or merged if they are similiar.

Gotcha. Well, only thing I'd ask is if you have a thought like the one above, which is a well thought-out and makes sense, that you write that one, and not the one I originally quoted. With the latter one, it's well written and comprehensible, whereas the earlier one didn't express it nearly as well. Going forward, I'd appreciate if you posted more of the latter style as it generally improves the threads, and in turn, the Board. :)

It's called penis envy iheart. :D

You gotta agree to disagree on an internet message board. There are definitely too many Chiefs and not enough Indians at some times. When you hav a message board as popular as this one, with so many things going on to keep your interest, stuff like that is going to happen.

As far as posting goes I think some on this board have become Extremeskins fans more than Redskins fans. Meaning they sometimes take the word of the organization and Mods as Gospel instead of forming their own ideas.

Actually, the main problem on this board is some refuse to believe the obvious regardless of how much data there is countering their position. No matter how clear things are, they refuse to yield even one iota on their stance. No number of facts, amount of inside info or valid, reasoned opinion can sway them.

The tone deafness is at an all time high here and almost exclusively on the side of people who simply refuse to start the conversation from the basis that they LIKE the Washington Redskins, that the current people running the team MUST have some plan in effect and that until we see clear signs the plan is just not acceptable or working, we should at least conclude they aren't whistling in the dark.

If we could just get people to THAT point, all would go so smoothly. Instead, we have people who actually REFUSE to believe the position coach of a favorite player may know what he's talking about, when it echos exactly what just about everyone who speaks on the same topic says. It's a bad time when NO amount of informed information can get a person to step back and say, "Wow, that means something to me."

If we could just get people to THAT point, all would go so smoothly. Instead, we have people who actually REFUSE to believe the position coach of a favorite player may know what he's talking about, when it echos exactly what just about everyone who speaks on the same topic says. It's a bad time when NO amount of informed information can get a person to step back and say, "Wow, that means something to me."

I wasn't here during the Spurrier era so I don't know the answer to this. But was Spurrier's word taken as Gospel on all issues by the moderators in the same way that Joe Gibbs' word is? The frustrating part is of posting here is that the moderators, at times, force the party line to a degree that I find stifling. And I wonder if it's just because Joe Gibbs' word is seen as having Biblical authority.

Actually, the main problem on this board is some refuse to believe the obvious regardless of how much data there is countering their position. No matter how clear things are, they refuse to yield even one iota on their stance. No number of facts, amount of inside info or valid, reasoned opinion can sway them.
A little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. Sort of like some supposed CBA experts around here. Nothing wrong with an opinion, but c'mon, common sense tells you to give extra weight to what the experts say/do.

I wasn't here during the Spurrier era so I don't know the answer to this. But was Spurrier's word taken as Gospel on all issues by the moderators in the same way that Joe Gibbs' word is? The frustrating part is of posting here is that the moderators' date=' at times, force the party line to a degree that I find stifling. And I wonder if it's just because Joe Gibbs' word is seen as having Biblical authority.[/quote']

Art didn't say to take anyones word as gospel. What he's speaking to is the continued argument for something when the preponderance of evidence clearly indicates something else.

Archived