Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could be any sports figure in history...

smashmowf

who would you be and what would you change about their career...for me its a toss up between Michael Jordan and Roy Jones.....I'm picking Roy its something about walking to ring in front of thousands and thousands of people and you have hands faster than the speed of light....As far as his career I would have hired a real promoter or at least somenone that could market me better to make that dollar figure "longer", Next I would never ever, ever go back down after beating Ruiz....I would have fought Chris Byrd and got a second heavyweight belt, made a couple defenses against some average cats and retired....If Tarver wanted a piece of me he would need to come up and the money would have to be right. :D

Mickey Mantle.

All the natural talent in the world, got to go to work drunk everyday, got the undying and everlasting love of one of the biggest and coolest cities in the world, got all the action from the ladies he ever wanted, got to hang out with some cool cats like Whitey Ford and Billy Martin.

MVP 3 times, 7 World championships, led the league in HRs 4 times, won the triple crown in 1956 (.353, 52, and 130), still owns record for most HRs and RBI's in the World Series, once hit a bomb that was MEASURED at 565 feet, once hit one that eyewitnesses confirmed went 643 feet!

i don't know a lot about F1, but i have a hard time believing that schumaker is as wealthy as jordan.

I'll get back to you on that, all due respect to MJ who be my second choice,

he's not a world famous figure like Schumaker is. F1 is not that popular in this country, but in the rest of the world it's huge. Let me dig up some facts,

I know MS's salary is in the millions, it's the endorsements that I'm not sure of.

he's not a world famous figure like Schumaker is. F1 is not that popular in this country, but in the rest of the world it's huge. Let me dig up some facts,

I know MS's salary is in the millions, it's the endorsements that I'm not sure of.

dude, jordan was the first global superstar. he's world famous.

again, i'm not trying to blow off what you're saying, but mj endorsed everything.

Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods are the 2 most recognizable humans in the world.

Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods are the 2 most recognizable humans in the world.

Major, no hear this

The Marlboro Man

Everyone Else Is in Michael Schumacher’s Rearview Mirror

by Allen St. John

August 15 - 21, 2001

Who's the world's highest-paid athlete?

Need a hint? It's not Alex Rodriguez. And it's not Tiger Woods, either. The multimillionaire in question stands on the cusp of breaking the most important record in what might just be the world's biggest spectator sport, and hardly anyone—at least anyone in America—has even noticed. It's Michael Schumacher. The 32-year-old reigning world champion of Formula One auto racing, he has 50 career victories, just one win behind the legendary Alain Prost, and he's all but certain to tie Prost in another way by winning his fourth season-long championship this year. That résumé earns Schumacher a salary and endorsement package, according to Forbes, of $59 million a year, which puts him ahead of Tiger, A-Rod, Shaq, Kobe, MJ, and anyone else who sweats for a living. How much does the rest of the world want to be like Mike? A German insurance company is paying $8 million for the right to put its logo on the ball cap that Schumacher wears before and after races. Crunch the numbers another way: Schumacher races 17 times a year, each race a maximum of two hours long. That puts his hourly wage at a cool $1.7 mil per. This in a sport in which some of the back-of-the-pack drivers actually pay millions for the privilege of being lapped by the greatest driver of all time.

To the folks who pay his salary, Schumacher's worth every penny. Although he failed to get the record-tying win in last month's German Grand Prix (a mechanical failure ceded the victory to brother Ralf), Schumacher has racked up his 50 victories in only 156 starts. Every time he puts on his fireproof underwear, the German driver's got a one-in-three shot of taking the checkered flag and a better than 50/50 chance of finishing in the top three. His championship last year was the first for a Ferrari driver in 21 years.

What makes him so good? Sure, Schui's blazingly fast—probably a second a lap quicker than his nearest competitor, all other things being equal—but to end the discussion there is like assessing Michael Jordan by his vertical leap. Schumacher is also the sport's best test driver, feeding Ferrari's army of engineers the stream of technobabble they need to hone the car's handling to a razor's edge. Beneath his genial, almost geeky exterior, Schumacher also harbors a Jordanesque nasty streak. His trademark move—an opening-turn chop across the front wheels—requires a competitor to choose between slowing down to let him through or risk tasting a concrete wall. Schumacher doesn't always win these high-speed games of chicken: In 1997, he intentionally crashed into rival Jacques Villeneuve in the last race of the season, rather than let him pass for the championship. This sort of macadam melodrama helps ensure that an estimated 350 million people in 150 countries watch every Formula One race on television.

What's the source of Schumacher's wealth? Part of it comes from automakers. Fiat, Ferrari's parent company, spends an estimated $285 million annually on the Schumacher team, assuming that if they win on Sunday, they'll sell cars on Monday.

own3d. :laugh:

i've learned something today. time for a beer.

:laugh: don't feel bad, like the article said most americans have no clue.

My F1 loving buddy got my on this a couple years ago. I suspect next time F1 is on speedvision you'll watch :D

check out this guy while you're at it too. Valentino Rossi Grand Prix motorcycle world champion. He'll be getting an F1 ride shortly, and I think he'll be owning that too, the boy is a machine

Rossi_Oz_LHF_1024.jpg

Here's Rossi getting a complimentry trail ride in MS's Grand Prix car! Wow!

f1ferrarischumacher_car.jpg

Archived