Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Jerry Jones is why the new CBA might not get done

Dinello

I talked with my source today regarding his owner's thoughts on whether the rest of the owners will agree to accept the current CBA proposal. He said that Jerry Jones, is the high-revenue owner that is trying to block a deal in its current format. Supposedly Jones has been the ringleader of the high-revenue owners for more than a year and he is doing everything he can to get the necessary 8 votes amongst owners to block a new CBA agreement.

My source's owner ("MSO") says Jones has applied the full court press on other owners going into tuesday's meetings in Dallas. And, here's the kicker: Jones has invited select owners to his mansion in Dallas on Monday Night for dinner. MSO says Jones wants a unified front by at least 7 other owners going into the meetings on tuesday.

But, still breathe easy Skins fans because my source's owner is still feeling that an agreement will get done.

Thought you would be interested. As he was telling me this I juts started laughing because it sounds like an f-ing movie. I will post more pertinent info. on the CBA if/when I get it.

HTTR!!!!!

I talked with my source today regarding his owner's thoughts on whether the rest of the owners will agree to accept the current CBA proposal. He said that Jerry Jones, is the high-revenue owner that is trying to block a deal in its current format. Supposedly Jones has been the ringleader of the high-revenue owners for more than a year and he is doing everything he can to get the necessary 8 votes amongst owners to block a new CBA agreement.

My source's owner ("MSO") says Jones has applied the full court press on other owners going into tuesday's meetings in Dallas. And, here's the kicker: Jones has invited select owners to his mansion in Dallas on Monday Night for dinner. MSO says Jones wants a unified front by at least 7 other owners going into the meetings on tuesday.

But, still breathe easy Skins fans because my source's owner is still feeling that an agreement will get done.

Thought you would be interested. As he was telling me this I juts started laughing because it sounds like an f-ing movie. I will post more pertinent info. on the CBA if/when I get it.

HTTR!!!!!

But doesn't the league only need 24 votes out of 32 owners...that would mean he needs another owner to flip.

It really does'nt matter what Jones thinks. The league only needs 24 of the 32 teams to agree with the contract to ratify the deal.

He should stick to selling crack out of the "White House" & pimpin' ho's to the team. :dallasuck

But doesn't the league only need 24 votes out of 32 owners...that would mean he needs another owner to flip.

Correct. But, supposedly Jones wants AT LEAST 7 other owners unified with him going into the meetings on tuesday. He then hopes to get at least one more vote at the meeting. My source told me that Jones is obviously trying to get at least 8 others with him before he even goes into the meeting.

My source had no idea where Snyder was on the issue.

And, here's the kicker: Jones has invited select owners to his mansion in Dallas on Monday Night for dinner.

Well. The meeting is in Dallas. Jerry lives in Dallas. The 31 other members of his Billionaire's Club are coming to town. Some of them are going to dinner at his house. Yep, sounds like a plot to me.

Just like Snyder can't block anything on his own, neither can Jones. Despite being the enemy, we should still apply the same common sense logic to JJ.

I doubt these other owners are automatons. If JJ can talk 8 other billionaires into blocking this latest proposal, then I have to believe that it's probably not a good deal for the league in general.

It really does'nt matter what Jones thinks. The league only needs 24 of the 32 teams to agree with the contract to ratify the deal.

Hey Math Major 32 - 9 (Jones + 8) = 23. Which is enough to kill the CBA.

Add to the fact the Giants might not be voting (Has the team been turned over to the heirs yet?) and all Jones needs is 8.

Just like Snyder can't block anything on his own, neither can Jones. Despite being the enemy, we should still apply the same common sense logic to JJ.

I doubt these other owners are automatons. If JJ can talk 8 other billionaires into blocking this latest proposal, then I have to believe that it's probably not a good deal for the league in general.

Sorry dirk but there are not that many billionaires in the owners club, as far as i know Jones and Synder are the only pure billionaires. The others are hundred millionares.

Sorry dirk but there are not that many billionaires in the owners club, as far as i know Jones and Synder are the only pure billionaires. The others are hundred millionares.

Poor ****s. :)

(I'd imagine Paul Allen is the richest of all. And I doubt Kraft is far off)

Archived