Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Jerry Jones is why the new CBA might not get done

Dinello

heres a good question. Is Jerry Jones doing this on purpose to hurt his most hated rival? Considering how Dallas is in better cap shape than we are, is there any chance he sees an opportunity to not let the CBA go through(until after the season starts, THEN let it go through) just to hurt us more?
odd as it may seem, whats good for the cowboys is also good for the redskins. if the cba doesnt get approved the skins have to cut players etc. to get under the cap whereas the cowboys will have 13 million to spend. if the cap is approved the skins will get an additional 10 million and will get to keep their current team after recent cuts were made. this would also give dallas a 23 million additional spending cap. so it doesnt change the situation a lot. as far as the salary cap in general, both teams will be greatly benefited if the salary cap is eliminated, as both teams are free spenders, and both owners are on the cutting edge of their business as far as revenue etc. but both team owners need to stick to gether in the off-season as far as the league is concerned.

odd as it may seem, whats good for the cowboys is also good for the redskins. if the cba doesnt get approved the skins have to cut players etc. to get under the cap whereas the cowboys will have 13 million to spend. if the cap is approved the skins will get an additional 10 million and will get to keep their current team after recent cuts were made. this would also give dallas a 23 million additional spending cap. so it doesnt change the situation a lot. as far as the salary cap in general, both teams will be greatly benefited if the salary cap is eliminated, as both teams are free spenders, and both owners are on the cutting edge of their business as far as revenue etc. but both team owners need to stick to gether in the off-season as far as the league is concerned.

I agree.

I can certainly see how a cap would help the Skins in the short term but I can see more benefits to no deal. Yes, there would possibly be some short term pain but ultimately we would end up being one of the “Haves” (Dallas too). I can’t see how that would be a bad thing. Teams would once again be able to keep their own players for a long time. I know a player moving around every couple of years drives me crazy. The old Skins teams had an identity because the core of the team stayed together for a long time. I miss that.

I have heard the argument that a “have/have not” situation would hurt the league but it didn’t hurt the league before the cap. In fact ALL of the best Skins teams were around before the cap was instituted. All of the best teams period were around before the cap. Parity is a drag.

Hey if they want to watch Old MNF Games from ABC tell me and I will send him the game his Boys played on Sept 19,2005......

You don't have to go to that much trouble. If you will remember, he came down on the field on to the sidelines in the last few minutes. He got to witness the devastation up close and personal.

By the way, if Jones, Snyder, whoever, do agree to a new CBA. Anyone else think they should significantly raise the cap minimum? I know this has been discussed before, but I believe that if Jones, et al, are going to let the other teams mooch off their hard-earned cash, then those teams should have to work for it too. Besides, a higher minimum, say 80%?, would allow much greater parity each year and could end the 2-14 streak.

Come on now dont be such HOMERS, Jerry and Danny are in this together. I am behind both owners 100% , just Like i would be behind any player getting their fair market value.

Anyone who thinks little danny and Jerry aren't together on this is nuts. The skins make more money than anyone, do you really think danny wants to give away his cash? Jones, Snyder, Kraft, Davis, Bowlen. They're all in on it, cause they make the most money.

Archived