Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Ade Jimoh still here?

bryanyoung

Who is the new face of the Redskins?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the new face of the Redskins?

• Brunell
    • Clinton Portis
    • Santana Moss
    • Chris Cooley
    • Marcus Washington
    • Jon Jansen
    • Other

Now that the cutting season is upon us..... Everytime the DBs rotated and I saw him out there, I made promises to God. Like, similar to the promises one would make after hugging the toilet and promising to never drink again in one's life.

:doh:

Don't even give him the chance to make the team this year. That is all that I beg of you God.

Now that the cutting season is upon us..... Everytime the DBs rotated and I saw him out there, I made promises to God. Like, similar to the promises one would make after hugging the toilet and promising to never drink again in one's life.

Don't even give him the chance to make the team this year. That is all that I beg of you God.

I don't know if you realized, but he did step his game up this past season. And he was a major player on special teams. Hell, I might even venture to say he's better than Walt Harris.

Edit: I guess all 3 of us thought the exact same thing, at the exact same time. :laugh:

Maybe you missed the games in which Ade played great special teams and actually played solid CB when he was in there.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Skins fans,

I did see that he stepped his game up a bit last year. But, I can't keep making these promises to God. Nevertheless, I hate missing plays because of making these promises.

I do agree that he is a solid special teams player, but at least get him some NFLE experience.

Geezus...some people can never get certain labels off of them.

Jimoh played well last year. Now I'm not saying he's the next coming of #28(nobody on our team is)but as a Nickel he was excellent.

Remember that Fitzgerald tackle? Excellent recognition and speed/acceleration to get there and a solid tackle. That basically won us that game(that and JJ Arrington ****ting his pants when he saw Sean Taylor).

I think Jimoh will move on up to our permanent Nickelback next year. I must say I praise the coaches for keeping him. I can see why now. And yeah, he's also a very good ST player.

It was a known that Ade was a great ST player before last season, but you wouldn't have caught me doing anything but hating when it came to his DB skills.

Fortunately for the Skins, Ade's tackling and coverage as a DB really improved last year, to the point that he became a solid #2 for a moment when Harris and Rogers were out. He'll make a fine nickel back for us, and if you saw the redskins.com interview, you have seen he's also got a great attitude.

I for one am happy for Ade.

Because he's a leader and playmaker on Special Teams and is developing quite nicely as a corner. He played a fair amount at CB this year, how many times did you see him get burned? I, for one, am glad to have him here and think he can eventually secure the nickel corner position.

he played superb special teams. he tackles well (he set up taylors game winning tackle on jj arrington by anticipating the wideout pass onthird down and tackling the receiver for no gain) and he is actually getting better indeep coverage. he is a keeper.

Jimoh has always had a problem with deep balls. Hes been fantastic on short yardage, short plays and passes, and tackling. THATS why he has been still on the team. But anytime a ball gets thrown deep, more often then not, Jimoh gets beat. Which really doenst fit a Greg Williams system very well, to allow big plays. Will he stay? Well, hes cheap, he tackles well and he plays a good short ball. While he did improve last year, I think hes just too much of a liability because of the big plays he gives up.

Archived