Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Ade Jimoh still here?

bryanyoung

Who is the new face of the Redskins?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the new face of the Redskins?

• Brunell
    • Clinton Portis
    • Santana Moss
    • Chris Cooley
    • Marcus Washington
    • Jon Jansen
    • Other

Furthermore, Jimoh is apparently a work-a-holic, who is eager to learn and works + studies hard to continuously improve.

He's made his mistakes, but he has certain done a heck of a lot more than Garnell Wilds ever did to earn such praise.

and he has fine size and matches up well with bigger receivers

Jimoh has always had a problem with deep balls. Hes been fantastic on short yardage, short plays and passes, and tackling. THATS why he has been still on the team. But anytime a ball gets thrown deep, more often then not, Jimoh gets beat. Which really doenst fit a Greg Williams system very well, to allow big plays. Will he stay? Well, hes cheap, he tackles well and he plays a good short ball. While he did improve last year, I think hes just too much of a liability because of the big plays he gives up.

agreed about his weakness for the deep ball. that is also champ bailey's weakness as well.. not to equate the 2, but every player has some weaknesses. the thing is whether they work to correct those weaknesses and ade sure has worked from everything i have read

I like jimoh, I'll just be happy once we drop walt harris. He's the one that scares me when he's in the game. I believe it was the San Diego game, or the first Tampa game, where he was giving up 15 yds of cushion and refusing to come up and make solid tackles. I almost jumped through the tv screen on him!

Jimoh definately played alot better last season, I personally think the guy has great tools to become our nickle cb.

ade jimoh should never ever be anything more than the #4 corner on the skins. he is a good special teams player which is really the only reason he is still on the team.

To answer the title of this thread, I would say because the coaching staff feels that he can play in the NFL. He is a good ST player and coach Williams believes an adequate backup DB.

Yes, the coaching staff feels that Ade is the best option available. He's not a cap issue and he's good on teams. I also cannot see how anybody would not think tha Ade is at least the 256th best CB available.

Agree... Jimoh is a good depth guy at an affordable price... good on special teams and remember the 3rd and 1 play in Arizona??????

Yea, he made a critical stop for us in the 3 and 1 play in arizona, plus he forced a fumble and made some huge hits in the Seattle game.

Dont think hes suppose to be the most reliable cornerback on the team, most cornerbacks who arnt nickels most of the time arnt... Plus you cant question the guys heart, determination, and effort.

If there was a redskins comeback player of the year award hed be in contention.

Why is Ade Jimoh still here?

What kind of question is this? Did you see the way he stepped up on Special teams last year? He had some huge hits on punt coverage and on kick off coverage. To top it all off, he's really not a bad corner back. He's no Ty Law, Charles Woodson, or Champ Bailey, or Shawn Springs, but the dude has good game.

Archived