Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Chapter in Redskins/Cowboys Rivalry

scottlo34

I get the ugliest, sickest feeling that the greatest rivalry in all of sports is about to take on a whole new chapter that is going to take the Redskins/Cowboys tirade to an all new high....Lavar Arrington will be a Cowboy. I am trying to make the feeling go away but it just won't. Jerry Jones is going to pounce on this as fast as he can and Lavar will tell Redskins fans "Don't hate me guys...after all, I gave the Skins back 4 million". If this happens, it is going to be absolutely awesome to be a Redskins fan in the middle of this grudge match. Bring it on Lavar....see ya in Big D....I am speaking hypothetically of course....BUT WHAT IF???

Unfortunately, I think you're right on the mark. It's a significant addition if the Cowboys choose to go that way, and they hurt us at the same time. We sure as hell would do it to them. It's going to turn my stomach to see him in that damn uniform...if it happens.

Honest, this is no reason to start a thread. :)

And your title is misleading which violates a rule. Please read the rules and guidelines for starting threads, as topic matter is also relevant.

In addition, your scenario is the same thought that has already been posted a number of times in the already existing lavar threads, where something like this, while just repitition, should be posted if it belongs anywhere.

Mods, what about locking down or banning all pointless lavar threads like this one before they swamp the board?

Just asking :cool:

Unfortunately, I think you're right on the mark. It's a significant addition if the Cowboys choose to go that way, and they hurt us at the same time. We sure as hell would do it to them. It's going to turn my stomach to see him in that damn uniform...if it happens.

It'll turn my stomach to see him in any jersey other than a Redskins'

And your title is misleading which violates a rule. Please read the rules and guidelines for starting threads, as topic matter is also relevant.

In addition, your scenario is the same thought that has already been posted a number of times in the already existing lavar threads, where something like this, while just repitition, should be posted if it belongs anywhere.

Mods, what about locking down or banning all pointless lavar threads like this one before they swamp the board?

...........Relax dude.

...........Relax dude.

Its not about realxing, scott :)

It's about not bringing down the level of the conversation in the forum. There are currently 7 active Lavar threads in which remarks like yours and the ones following it fit quite well. Its nothing personal.

I'm just offering you a friendly word to the wise. You'll be hearing others. Read a bit of what's going on around here and remain as a happy and entertained poster. It might be a good idea for you to heed what I suggested you do on the reading while still enjoying yourself :cheers:

...........Relax dude.

Jumbo is right. There are several different threads in which your post would have fit nicely; starting a new thread only serves to clutter up the board. Your input is valued on the board, but please be respectful of the rules. We all know that you have read the rules and are aware of #'s 7 and 8:

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted. If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

...........Relax dude.

I don't think it's to much to ask for all of us to follow the rules here. Or at the very least, an offer of helpful advice from somebody with a little more experience around here than yourself. The LaVar threads will dominate the board for the next 700 yrs. It should be easy to find one to add your opinions to. Trying to put a new title on an overcooked topic just to start a new thread isn't necessary. :2cents:

I agree, this sort of thing needs to be nipped. Though I suppose it might be an idea to let people vent on this...but there are threads to do that on already. (even over this specific topic of Arrington going to a rival). Then again this, is about Dallas, which might mean it deserves it's own evil thread. :)

(but maybe not... :laugh:)

Yes, but for not much longer...

Thankfully.

Bye, LaVar. A few loved you as the face of a losing team, but welcome to the fact that this is now, without a doubt, Joe Gibbs football.

Dude paid $4m to be let go. That says about how much he loved the fans.

The ones who thought he walked on water, anyway.

I had just had a custom lavar arrington pro bowl action figure made from the 2003 season and if he were to do that, then I would have to burn it. I don't care how much I liked Lavar before! I thought he was going to retire a redskin if he were to be released. I guess he put the money didn't put his money where his mouth was! He just put it back in our pockets. How come other players on this team were willing to restructure and he wasn't? Makes me wonder.

I get the ugliest, sickest feeling that the greatest rivalry in all of sports is about to take on a whole new chapter that is going to take the Redskins/Cowboys tirade to an all new high....Lavar Arrington will be a Cowboy. I am trying to make the feeling go away but it just won't. Jerry Jones is going to pounce on this as fast as he can and Lavar will tell Redskins fans "Don't hate me guys...after all, I gave the Skins back 4 million". If this happens, it is going to be absolutely awesome to be a Redskins fan in the middle of this grudge match. Bring it on Lavar....see ya in Big D....I am speaking hypothetically of course....BUT WHAT IF???

Never gonna happen. Bill Parcells is not interested in some hyper athletic freelancer who plays more by instinct than by scheme. I mean, come on, name me one media friendly, larger than life character who Parcells has put up with because of his explosive play and abiltiy to turn a game around on his own? Plus, his number, 56. What kind of number is THAT, huh? 58's, 50's, 55's, THOSE are great linebacker numbers.

So I ask, give me just ONE 56 of note...

Jumbo is right. There are several different threads in which your post would have fit nicely; starting a new thread only serves to clutter up the board. Your input is valued on the board, but please be respectful of the rules. We all know that you have read the rules and are aware of #'s 7 and 8:

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted. If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts. Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

It doesn't matter. I just had a thread deleted that fit the rules. It was titled Arrington Appreciation and I specified no speculation, no criticizing and it's gone. All the other LaVarr threads have to do with the actual reports or are 'where's he gonna go?' or cap implications. Not one was simply to say thank you to the guy, so, I say just start a thread and take your chances.

The webmaster reserves the right to do what they're gonna do. It's their board.

Why are possible scenarios not valid? we speculate on win loss records, on draft picks. So what is the difference if we speculate on where 1 of our x players end up especdially if it is a strong possibility to our most hated division rival

Nobody was really saying the scenarios aren't valid. The point which I guess you missed is that this has been covered in other threads that are active at this moment. The scenario is not new, and has been talked about for over a month in various threads. Hell, I said it my self at the end of the season before the playoffs were over.

C'mon now....you have to know everything will turn LaVar today.....

It doesn't have to be if people would just use their heads for more then a place to sit a Redskins hat. ;)

The staff knows that letting LaVar go is huge news, so a little more leway will be afforded today in the number of "LaVar" thread topics. That doesn't mean that threads will not be closed, merged, or edited.

I get the ugliest, sickest feeling that the greatest rivalry in all of sports is about to take on a whole new chapter that is going to take the Redskins/Cowboys tirade to an all new high....Lavar Arrington will be a Cowboy..............

Good post, but put it in an existing Lavar thread, like Jumbo and Jrock said,

this is an opinion of a senario. It doesn't deserve it's own thread unless no other LA threads are open.

I'm glad that Lavar is gone just because there wont be 50,000 Lavar threads a year saying the same 4-5 things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

EDIT: We got the hint after the first five lines.......

Archived