Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Thursday start of FA!

SkinsHokieFan

:rant:

This is ridiculous. All this time and they still haven't gotten anything done? How long have these two sides had to talk? I get the feeling we're being dicked around. Back and forth. Some sources say Upshaw feels good about a new deal others say it's "dead as a doornail." A new CBA has to be done by this next date or you can officially mark this down as one huge **** up by the greatest sport of all time!

:rant:

There now I feel better.

OMG! F this. I got school tomorrow, and i been waitin for this deal to go down and FA gets delayed again! I'm w/ renegade7 in this one. I'm goin to sleep!

I hear ya. I need some sleep, this is getting rediculous!:doh:

Figure it out, damn NFLPA. The players would rather be on the field and at least making some money, as opposed to being cut and none of the other teams can afford to pick them up either.

Per KFFL.com

NFL | Tagliabue to take latest proposal to league owners

Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:18:34 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there will not be any further talks between the NFL Players Association and the NFL. However, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue has agreed to take the latest proposal from the NFL Players Association and present it to the owners. It is believed the NFL owners will meet and vote on the proposal Tuesday, March 7.

Cuts ONLY have to be made the close of business before FA starts, because that starts the new season. So any time FA gets moved, the cuts get moved to close of business the day prior(unless the NFL says otherwise).'

Interestingly, Kessler(NFLPA lawyer who said talks dead) said there WOULD not be an extension at all unless a deal occoured. Guess he was dead wrong.

Kessler strikes me as a real weasel. He annoys me every time he speaks.

You know, I wouldn't want to advocate violence against anyone, especially someone from the NFL...but....if someone were to run into some officials on the street....

Well, let's just say it might not be a bad idea to tell them how we feel.

;-)

Archived