Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tommy Maddox for our 3rd string QB... your thoughts?

slinky

I'd rather just stick with the kid from Wyoming we have on the roster. Or better yet.. that kid everyone is talking about who set all those records at that small school but didn't get invited to the combine.

Maddox doesn't make the club better... he just takes a roster spot of a younger kid we could utilize more effectively.

I'd rather just stick with the kid from Wyoming we have on the roster. Or better yet.. that kid everyone is talking about who set all those records at that small school but didn't get invited to the combine.

Maddox doesn't make the club better... he just takes a roster spot of a younger kid we could utilize more effectively.

Are you talking about Sonny Cumbie from Texas Tech? If so he's the starting QB for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena League. He's coming along nicely to, getting better every week.

Are you talking about Sonny Cumbie from Texas Tech? If so he's the starting QB for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena League. He's coming along nicely to, getting better every week.

I think he's talking about Casey Bramlet..i believe he was drafted by the bengals a while back.

First off..... No. Secondly, the guy was the starting QB for the Steelers, then lost his job to a rookie. Given the rookie was pretty good, but still. And now you want him to be 3rd string QB behind a second year player who has never set foot on the playing field? Yes, I think JC will be better than Maddox ever was/is but don't you think the guy's ego has taken enough? I kind of feel for the guy :laugh: . Let him go be second string somewhere else so he doesn't feel like he's been demoted again.

2 veteran QB thats a smart idea.

Actually, it is. What should we do? Have one veteran and 2 QB's that have never seen the field? The only thing we can get this offseason IS a veteran QB. We can't afford a "good" young QB, and we can't afford a "good" QB in his prime. So, that leaves either a "bad" young QB, or a veteran QB who's best years are behind him. I'll take the experienced QB, personally.

The Redskins already have another quarterback on the roster, former University of Wyoming QB Casey Bramlet, who was signed shortly after the Redskins were eliminated from the playoffs. I am not sure if he will be one of the three quarterbacks chosen for the final roster, but I assume the coaching staff brought him in to compete for a job in training camp.

He was released today and when/if we trade/cut ramsey I think he would be the perfect backup to Bru'Bell.

He's a Christian and a Gibbs type of guy

http://www.tommymaddox.org/

in 2002/2003 he had very solid years for Pitt.

Worst then getting Brunell......There will be a lot of UFA's available to choose from. And if at all possible, get a"Slash Guy" that can be a third or fourth WR.

I dont see why some of you people are so against it.

If we are GOING to get a vet QB, there is probobly no better one for us to get than Maddox. Think about it. Hes had NFL success(he lost his job to Rothlisberger WHEN HE WENT DOWN TO INJURY DUH), hes a veteran, and we can probobly get him for dirt cheap, because there wont be much interest. THATS why hes a good fit. Any veteran who you can get for dirt cheap and who was successful as a starter, thats good.

Archived