Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tommy Maddox for our 3rd string QB... your thoughts?

slinky

Tommy Maddox's good years came in Pittsburgh. An extremely run-first offense where he wasn't asked to do too much. He also had a severe injury (spinal, I believe) that completely devastated him physically. He may also have some apprehension about taking a hit, and if our first two quarterbacks both got hurt, then our third can expect to take some hits on the same level the first two got.

There are some arguements against Maddox... Turnovers is not one of them. At least get your facts straight. Brunell turned the ball over 16 times this year. I believe most people here would say his greatest asset is he doesnt turn the ball over.

The most Maddox has ever turned it over in a season is 19. Just 3 more turnovers.

Skinsman4u, true, but im operating under the assumption Ramsey will be gone, just because it gives him a chance, and saves us cap space. Id prefer if he stays. Id prefer if he starts. But I dont see any way right now that is happening, so based on that, next year Campbell and Brunell would be #1 and #2, so we would be shopping for a #3.

Peregrine I hear you and good post, your comments do make sense with valid points. How much will Ramsey save us in cap space (I know that figure was posted some where before)?... anyway, the following is some more info I posted on another thread.

But this is why Coach Gibbs haven't traded him yet and he never guaranteed he will. He only stated that they were going to look at it. But good post! And this is why Coach Gibbs is being careful in how he deals with this, PR situation, and not work with haste. Oh Brunnel he can handle it but when it comes to injuries there's always the fear of uncertanties.

Cause if we take a chance on Campbell and Brunell goes down and Campbell is still in the learning curve then all I can say is may God be with you and whoever don't belive in him they better be right! Ramsey is a very sensitive issue because he's at the point in his career where the investment in him is primed for a return payoff. And how Mr Snyder (I spelled it right), Coach Gibbs and F/O deals with that payoff in getting return for their investment is huge and means a lot.

I mean Ramsey is better than Michael Vick; don't believe me ? Okay let's say Michael Vick was our QB would we be a seriouse Super Bowl contender? I would say no. Not because of the the traits or qualitys Vick brings or the lack of a certain skill set but he simply doesn't fit. Every skill Ramsey has as a pro QB is because of the Redskins' investment. So don't be surprise if the Redskins don't decide to deal him. I wouldn't take less than a second rounder maybe a 3rd. But we'll see.

Archived