Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tommy Maddox for our 3rd string QB... your thoughts?

slinky

I dont see why some of you people are so against it.

Is it a good sign when a man who makes picks for espn.com based off of points spreads for the gamblers has a rule that you always bet against any team starting tommy maddox?

granted he wouldnt be our starter, but if he is bad enough that a gambler has to make a rule to always bet against him because of how bad he is, would you really want that guy to even back you up in case of an emergency?

i'd like to pass on that one

Is it a good sign when a man who makes picks for espn.com based off of points spreads for the gamblers has a rule that you always bet against any team starting tommy maddox?

granted he wouldnt be our starter, but if he is bad enough that a gambler has to make a rule to always bet against him because of how bad he is, would you really want that guy to even back you up in case of an emergency?

i'd like to pass on that one

You know there are people for ESPN that seemed to have a rule that you always bet against the Redskins. Yeah I really want to base whether a player is the right one or not based on ESPN. So lets trade Coles back for Moss.

And if the man is actually such a succesful gambler, why is it he has to get a job at ESPN?

Think for 2 seconds.

Lets get to the facts of maddux. Only started 2 years in the NFL. One a succesful season the other not. Comparing him to brunells last season, take an average from those 2 seasons... Better:Yards, completion %, yards per attempt, completions of over 20 yards. Worse: TDs, INTs, QB Rating. As youd expect from a 3rd stringer. His QB rating over those 2 years was 80 as compared to brunells 85. How many 3rd stringers can provide that at probobly a dirt cheap price?

I think it's best if your 3rd string QB is a developmental guy. For this, I'd much rather we drafted someone in the mid rounds of the draft than bringing in a retread that has no upside.

Rather than sign an eroded one season wonder in Maddox I'd much rather we just keep P.Ram. Really, Ramsey already knows the offense and if we had to go to him, there's still a chance the light goes on for him.

I know Coach Gibbs promised Ramsey we'd trade him, but we've got to do what's best for the team. If we can't get any real value for him he's going to be our 3rd string guy again...depending on the cap situation that is.:paranoid:

In this situation the last thing we need is another young project. Whats the point? We have our QB of the future. The third string QB is only an emergency QB, and one that the other QBs interact with. Meaning its in our best interest to get a veteran, who can not only help teach Campbell, but will have some game experience if our top 2 QBs get hurt. Of course that all depends on how much a vet will cost.

In this situation the last thing we need is another young project. Whats the point? We have our QB of the future. The third string QB is only an emergency QB, and one that the other QBs interact with. Meaning its in our best interest to get a veteran, who can not only help teach Campbell, but will have some game experience if our top 2 QBs get hurt. Of course that all depends on how much a vet will cost.

Agreed and yeah we have them as a matter of fact we have 2 Brunnel and Ramsey. Hey Coach Gibbs hasn't traded Ramsey yet, until Coach Gibbs, okay I'll say it again untill Coach Joe Gibbs traaaaades Ramsey, Ramsey is our #2 QB. There now how hard was that!

The Redskins already have another quarterback on the roster, former University of Wyoming QB Casey Bramlet, who was signed shortly after the Redskins were eliminated from the playoffs. I am not sure if he will be one of the three quarterbacks chosen for the final roster, but I assume the coaching staff brought him in to compete for a job in training camp.

yes. - If not this guy , than someone like him. - There are QB's like this available every year.

PLus, At a vet Min contract, Maddox would cost us $450-$500,000 for one year, where a 2nd or 3rd year journeyman would be under $300,000 per

The only thing that I would ever want to see Maddox doing on this team is if he is the guy wiping and handing the balls to the three REAL quarterbacks in practice. Every once in a while he could give the water boy a breather, but he would probably be giving water to the other team like the way he throws pickles! :D

There are some arguements against Maddox... Turnovers is not one of them. At least get your facts straight. Brunell turned the ball over 16 times this year. I believe most people here would say his greatest asset is he doesnt turn the ball over.

The most Maddox has ever turned it over in a season is 19. Just 3 more turnovers.

Skinsman4u, true, but im operating under the assumption Ramsey will be gone, just because it gives him a chance, and saves us cap space. Id prefer if he stays. Id prefer if he starts. But I dont see any way right now that is happening, so based on that, next year Campbell and Brunell would be #1 and #2, so we would be shopping for a #3.

You know there are people for ESPN that seemed to have a rule that you always bet against the Redskins. Yeah I really want to base whether a player is the right one or not based on ESPN. So lets trade Coles back for Moss.

And if the man is actually such a succesful gambler, why is it he has to get a job at ESPN?

Think for 2 seconds.

I do think for 2 seconds. I think that if you knew the columnist i was referring to, you wouldnt compare him to a redskins hater. you would also know he writes for espn to pay the bills but is an extremely passionate gambler and will be in the world series of poker this year. he also said his wife were to divorce him if he gave up his job at espn for gambling in spite of how good or bad he may be at it. this guy is also a die hard new englad fan with no real agenda against any other team and could care less about the redskins.

i was thinking its a bad sign when a gambler (good or bad) decides to always bet against tommy maddox.

i was thinking that if you are so smart and in deed think for more than two seconds why did only a couple of people through out the whole 4 page post agree with you

i was also thinking you shouldnt confuse a low post count with stupidity...

then again maybe i should think for 2 more seconds before posting

Archived