Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best President in the Last 50 years?

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted for Truman. He suddenly became President during one of the most critical times in this country's history and in my opinion made the most difficult decision of the 20th century: Drop the bomb or sacrifice hundreds of thousands of American soldiers.

He made the right decision.

Clinton.

His Presidency was relatively peaceful and prosperous.

I'm going to have to go into detail later. Got work to do right now.

Yeah, tuckin' tail and running away from his Somalia debacle, bombing of two U.S. embassies, the USS Cole, and the World Trade Center in 1993. The only thing "peaceful" about Clinton's presidency was his retaliation, or lack thereof to these acts of war.

Hope you're reading up on your history while you're gone.

Clinton.

His Presidency was relatively peaceful and prosperous.

I'm going to have to go into detail later. Got work to do right now.

Yeah, cuz he chose not to do anything. He chose not to try to assassinate Bin Laden when he had him in sight. He also ran away and/or backed out when we had some soldiers killed in the Black Hawk Down scenario. The only reason 9/11 didn't happen during Clinton's time in Office was because the terrorists were doing all of their planning.

Because he was banging someone in his office? J/k

JFK at least had the decorum to not to get caught in the Oval Office.:laugh:

His MO, his ability to convince people to take his side while having them think he was taking theirs was similar to Clintons. He took more of a middle ground than people remember, in the civil rights battles of the early sixties he was actually opposed to some of the major legislation that was passed by congress under LBJ. While he was in favor of change and promoted equality in his public appearances, he was pragmatic in thinking it would cost the dems in terms of southern votes to be too dramatic with the changes. Kind of like Clinton with welfare reform.

Overall I would say he had the winning formula for getting things done. And so did Clinton.

If he hadn't gotten assassinated I wonder what the New Frontier would have brought us.

I voted for Truman. He suddenly became President during one of the most critical times in this country's history and in my opinion made the most difficult question of the 20th century: Drop the bomb or sacrifice hundreds of thousands of American soldiers.

He made the right decision.

You voted for Truman? Your only 22! Good job!! :laugh:

Clinton -- most intelligent.

Presidents in the past 50 years in IQ order:

182 .. William J. Clinton (D)

175 .. James E. Carter (D)

174 .. John F. Kennedy (D)

155 .. Richard M. Nixon ®

147 .. Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)

132 .. Harry Truman (D)

126 .. Lyndon B. Johnson (D)

122 .. Dwight D. Eisenhower ®

121 .. Gerald Ford ®

105 .. Ronald Reagan ®

098 .. George HW Bush ®

091 .. George W. Bush ®

http://www.linkydinky.com/BushIQ.shtml

132 .. Harry Truman (D)

121 .. Gerald Ford ®

105 .. Ronald Reagan ®

098 .. George HW Bush ®

091 .. George W. Bush ®

yeah but one of the big indicators is whether they have written a book or not

I voted Eisenhower.

And that IQ thing is BS. First off, there's no way to know those scores. Second, do you know how few people have IQs above 140, let alone 150 or 180?!? I highly doubt that 3 of probably the top 10 most intelligent Americans in the past 50 years also ended up as president.

I voted Eisenhower.

And that IQ thing is BS. First off, there's no way to know those scores. Second, do you know how few people have IQs above 140, let alone 150 or 180?!? I highly doubt that 3 of probably the top 10 most intelligent Americans in the past 50 years also ended up as president.

not to screw up your vibe, cuz I think you are right. But I have an IQ of 162 and am a member of Mensa but I am probably the dumbest person I know. So IQ doesn't mean a whole lot in my eyes

not to screw up your vibe, cuz I think you are right. But I have an IQ of 162 and am a member of Mensa but I am probably the dumbest person I know. So IQ doesn't mean a whole lot in my eyes

Very, very, VERY few people have IQs above 120. I mean, I was in "gifted" classes basically since 1st grade, and I've only known of 2 people with IQs over 140.

See, the higher up you get, the greater the difference between a point is. So basically, the difference between say a 100 and a 110 is similar to the difference between a 135 and a 138. So while a 155 for Nixon I'm sure is possible, I have a feeling Clinton would be a theoretical physicist if his IQ was that high. 182 is absolutely, unbelieveably, off-the-charts high.

Not to mention that there's no real way to know any of these scores. The fact that they're ridiculously high just accentuates that.

I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth. No single space project...will be more exciting, or more impressive to mankind, or more important...and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish....

I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth. No single space project...will be more exciting, or more impressive to mankind, or more important...and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish....

:applause:

I tried to defend him using my own words. My bad. His work alot better.

132 .. Harry Truman (D)

121 .. Gerald Ford ®

105 .. Ronald Reagan ®

098 .. George HW Bush ®

091 .. George W. Bush ®

That made its rounds during the lead up to the election and is so not true One of the sites Debunk that. Here is something that gives it away Nixon the highest Republican and only because he resigned.

Archived