Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

james thrash isnt that good...

dinzelwashington

pro bowl ST? thats a bold staightment, i agree with you on everything else besides that

Why??? Did you not watch the 2004 seson when Thrash was healthy??? He is excellent on ST. He is, when healthy, completely deserving of Pro Bowl honors for his skills and plays on ST. I guess because he can't actually fly, or return every punt and kick off for a TD he's not deserving in your eyes, huh??? :doh:

Why??? Did you not watch the 2004 seson when Thrash was healthy??? He is excellent on ST. He is, when healthy, completely deserving of Pro Bowl honors for his skills and plays on ST. I guess because he can't actually fly, or return every punt and kick off for a TD he's not deserving in your eyes, huh??? :doh:

plus, watch how he blocks on every play

Thrash does a lot of inline blocking, and does it very well for a WR. Would you rather have Taylor Jacobs in pass protection or James Thrash?

Exactly.

Go back and look at some of CP's bigger runs, especially in the second Giants game during the '05 season after his injury. Many of his best downfield blocks came from Thrash.

The guy doesn't have to be catching 50-yard bombs every other week to be considered "that good."

all year i keep hearing about james thrash... hes our 3rd or 4th reciever.... in my opinion... he should be in the practice squad... yea hes good on special teams.. hes got a good attitude.. but does he ever make a game breaking catch, or big YAC.. in his couple of season with the skins.. i havent seen him done jack on offense... i think he justs good with words and knows how to kiss coaches arse. look around the league.. theres way better ability and talent...we should give up thrash and ramsey in a trade....

So what, I use him on Madden and he does fine. ;)

This isn't a anti Brunnell piece but in my opinion Thrash didn't get a lot of catches due to Brunnell not spreading the ball around. Sorry people but you would hear Sonny and Sam talk about how there were recievers wide open on a certian play in a game and it wasn't just once or twice. Thrash proved himself here before going to phithy and did a pretty good job up there too. He'll never be the #1 reciever but he can break open quite a bit on the short routes and he's a good possesion reciever. The key to having a succesful passing game next year will be on the shoulders of the QB. We have 4 good recievers on this team now so I wouldn't expect the Redskins to go for a high profile reciever from the free agent market and I think that means Randal El. Look for the team to fill the off. line, cornerback and Def. line (End).

This is only my opinion but I think the main problem in our attack is with the QB. So let the hatchets fly and the arrows soar. I'm ready to get debunked on this.

No debunking from me. You are right on the money. Bless you, my son. For it is holy to speak the truth before the forces of darkness.

"yea I understand lol, he did have that catch that continued a drive after a 3rd and long I think it was against the Eagles, and he takes much more pressure off of Santana, and he also had made some critical catches in the 1st game with the Cowboys. Are you just saying that he flat out has no talent on offense, or that he isn't consistant?"

I believe he is saying Thrash is valuable as a special teamer and is functional as a receiver....but he aint gonna keep any defensive coordinators up at night. I would be inclined to agree: I like having him on the team as a Redskin....but wonder if we can do better when he dons his wideout hat.

"Why??? Did you not watch the 2004 seson when Thrash was healthy??? He is excellent on ST. He is, when healthy, completely deserving of Pro Bowl honors for his skills and plays on ST. I guess because he can't actually fly, or return every punt and kick off for a TD he's not deserving in your eyes, huh???"

well...as established in many other threads...pro bowl accolades are meaningless charades...guess that means "coulda been" a pro bowler is even more meanigless!

can't wait till we get the break down on ramsey the whipping boy

Ramsey credited with 24 starts during which Skins scored 20 points or more eight times.

Difficulty with stat: On occasion Ramsey didn't start but led Skins to more than 20 points in backup role. On other occasions, Ramsey started but played only briefly. Also, the stat doesn't take into consideration the average number of points Ramsey-led Skins put up on board per 4 quarters.

I believe Ramsey averages putting up close to 20 points a game (based on actual time played) but am not certain.

Ramsey has thrown 39 touchdown passes in the equivalent of 21 games. This puts him in the company of Hall of Famers Steve Young, John Elway, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman in relation to early records. His records in relation to completion percentage, yardage, etc. are also in step with the early records of the above.

Ramsey has lifetime qb rating of over 75. Last season his rating was over 95. He has never been under 70 or, contrary to belief, had a poor TD/Int ratio or bad fumble stat.

Over the last four years, Ramsey is by far the most productive Redskin performer. He is followed by Brunell, Portis, Gardner, Coles.

Given all of the above, and the working over the Ram has received by Skins fans, I believe my use of the term "whipping boy" in relation to Ramsey is appropriate. Why would you imply it is not?

Archived