Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

james thrash isnt that good...

dinzelwashington

all year i keep hearing about james thrash... hes our 3rd or 4th reciever.... in my opinion... he should be in the practice squad... yea hes good on special teams.. hes got a good attitude.. but does he ever make a game breaking catch, or big YAC.. in his couple of season with the skins.. i havent seen him done jack on offense... i think he justs good with words and knows how to kiss coaches arse. look around the league.. theres way better ability and talent...we should give up thrash and ramsey in a trade....

all year i keep hearing about james thrash... hes our 3rd or 4th reciever.... in my opinion... he should be in the practice squad... yea hes good on special teams.. hes got a good attitude.. but does he ever make a game breaking catch, or big YAC.. in his couple of season with the skins.. i havent seen him done jack on offense... i think he justs good with words and knows how to kiss coaches arse. look around the league.. theres way better ability and talent...we should give up thrash and ramsey in a trade....

yea I understand lol, he did have that catch that continued a drive after a 3rd and long I think it was against the Eagles, and he takes much more pressure off of Santana, and he also had made some critical catches in the 1st game with the Cowboys. Are you just saying that he flat out has no talent on offense, or that he isn't consistant?

I dont think he is practice squad bad, but i think people make him look better than he is here. Besides half a dozen catches, he hasnt done much especially with what he can do. He has so much potential but I havent seen it as a WR. For ST, he is a stud though which is why we should keep him.

You're right about Thrash as a recreiver, but not appreciate enough of his skill as a special team guy. I am, however, frustrated by his appearance on the field as a WR, which is a waste of opportunity. You blow your credibility by throwing Ramsey in the same category. I was going over the Ram's record today and discovered that is four years he's played the equivalent of about 21 games and thrown for 34 Td's, averaging about 200 yds a start, very respectable stats considering his poor receivers and horrible protection.

I'm still working on his overall production stats, but it looks like the Ram is going to end up leading the Skins to 20 plus points per start for his career.

I'll report back when I've got it figured out. My theory is that Redskin fans for some reason have developed an irrational whipping boy attitude toward maybe one of their more effective players of the last decade.

Then he should be gone.

Hail!:point2sky

Obviously, blue-collar workers and team leadership means nothing to you. Chemistry? What's that?

I suppose you believe that any reciever that we have that is not a #2 or better should be cut? Wait, every successful team has five recievers that could all produce like a #2 on any given day - I forgot.

But of course, you know more about who should and who should not be a Redskin than our coaching staff.

And will you stop including that oversized picture in every post you make, relevant or not to that specific game? It's rather quite annoying, and there are reasons why there are specifications to the size limit for images in a signature.

he did have that catch that continued a drive after a 3rd and long I think it was against the Eagles . . . and he also had made some critical catches in the 1st game with the Cowboys.
He had one on 4th down against Dallas actually, right before Moss caught his famous TD. He makes many clutch catches, considering he is only a third receiver.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
He had one on 4th down against Dallas actually, right before Moss caught his famous TD. He makes many clutch catches, considering he is only a third receiver.

for the situation.....

down 13-0 with about 4 minutes to go

4th and 2 from about our 40 yard line

took it 20 yards

3 incomplete passes followed

then TOUCHDOWN SANTANA

i think he justs good with words and knows how to kiss coaches arse.

Hmmmm. Interesting implication here. One would almost think you're saying the man has talked his way into being on the team. Doesn't say alot for the coaching staff if this was the case now does it?

look around the league.. theres way better ability and talent

Really? Okay. Fair enough. Who are they? The 3rd and 4th guys that are better that is.

...we should give up thrash and ramsey in a trade....

Interesting. What do you propose to get in trading a guy who should be on the practice squad? Doesn't make sense to package him with Patrick if that's the case.

if not injured would have been a pro bowl ST

best blocking wr on team

dependable wr

team leader

geez what more do you want from a #3/#4 wr :doh:

Bubba seems to be the first poster in this thread to realize that JT had a broken thumb/busted wrist during most of the year, with other nagging injuries he didn't play much.......that's why Brown got resigned.

JT isn't TO or Moss, what he is usually is a decent WR who runs ok/above average routes, can get some seperation against #2-4 DBs and usually catches the ball when it's thrown to him.

He is a excellent STer (guess everybody is forgetting what he did when healthy in 2004) and appears to be a decent lockerroom guy as well.

I didn't think he was much of a cap # anyway.....so why cut a guy that does what he needs to do and isn't a pain but one of the "core" Redskins that we want.

I'm glad he's here instead of still being with the Eagles, the Eagles may have won a few more games had he been there when TO got suspended.

I disagree. Thrash is a competent reciever. Certainly good enough to be used in possession situations or as a 3rd or 4th WR. He has had some clutch plays the past couple seasons. He works hard and we don't hear about him whining. His contract is low.

Furthermore, he plays special teams very well. He's a good gunner and he can return kicks when needed. He has done nothing to deserve getting cut and he deserves to stay on the team.

This isn't a anti Brunnell piece but in my opinion Thrash didn't get a lot of catches due to Brunnell not spreading the ball around. Sorry people but you would hear Sonny and Sam talk about how there were recievers wide open on a certian play in a game and it wasn't just once or twice. Thrash proved himself here before going to phithy and did a pretty good job up there too. He'll never be the #1 reciever but he can break open quite a bit on the short routes and he's a good possesion reciever. The key to having a succesful passing game next year will be on the shoulders of the QB. We have 4 good recievers on this team now so I wouldn't expect the Redskins to go for a high profile reciever from the free agent market and I think that means Randal El. Look for the team to fill the off. line, cornerback and Def. line (End).

This is only my opinion but I think the main problem in our attack is with the QB. So let the hatchets fly and the arrows soar. I'm ready to get debunked on this.

if not injured would have been a pro bowl ST

best blocking wr on team

dependable wr

team leader

geez what more do you want from a #3/#4 wr :doh:

amen to that bubba....obviously no one on here is going wild about him being our 2nd or 3rd receiver... he never was that... but as said before he brings plenty to the table that keeps him in a uniform... and rightly so i would say...

Archived