Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

james thrash isnt that good...

dinzelwashington

wow, first of all BOLD STATE MENT...next i would like to say that i agree with you on some of the offensive side of the ball... but he is a amazing special teams player, he's got a great attitude..and that makes a good role model of the team... but practis squad...thats crazy.... if your going to say he's done nothing then you have to go on and say that taylor jacobs also did nothing b/c he didnt do "jack" all year as well....

~jake

if not injured would have been a pro bowl ST

best blocking wr on team

dependable wr

team leader

geez what more do you want from a #3/#4 wr :doh:

quoted for emphasis

he was like 2nd or 3rd in Pro Bowl voting for special teams player

plus he was good before he got injured earlier in the season, as a #3

I don't understand how you can call someone who was Philly's #1 WR, a practice squad player
:rolleyes:

he's been with the team, on and off, for years

Ramsey credited with 24 starts during which Skins scored 20 points or more eight times.

Difficulty with stat: On occasion Ramsey didn't start but led Skins to more than 20 points in backup role. On other occasions, Ramsey started but played only briefly. Also, the stat doesn't take into consideration the average number of points Ramsey-led Skins put up on board per 4 quarters.

I believe Ramsey averages putting up close to 20 points a game (based on actual time played) but am not certain.

Ramsey has thrown 39 touchdown passes in the equivalent of 21 games. This puts him in the company of Hall of Famers Steve Young, John Elway, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman in relation to early records. His records in relation to completion percentage, yardage, etc. are also in step with the early records of the above.

Ramsey has lifetime qb rating of over 75. Last season his rating was over 95. He has never been under 70 or, contrary to belief, had a poor TD/Int ratio or bad fumble stat.

Over the last four years, Ramsey is by far the most productive Redskin performer. He is followed by Brunell, Portis, Gardner, Coles.

Given all of the above, and the working over the Ram has received by Skins fans, I believe my use of the term "whipping boy" in relation to Ramsey is appropriate. Why would you imply it is not?

OK, given all of the above, my reply:

It wasn't personal, crazyh, I implied it to bubba because I think the appelation of "whipping boy" is so far out there, that it has little reasonable credibility. It's indicative of an emotionally reactive view/analysis.

That reason for my implication is also sort of supported by your later-made comment in another thread of "talking the truth before the forces of darkness" about similar matters. :)

Ramsey, Lavar, Brunell: it's not a POV with some, it's a religious crusade (I exaggerate, I kid).

This is honestly not a slam at all, but you seemed to me to be another guy who has a very biased and emotionally based position on Ramsey.

I read your review, and you present a highly spun justification of your beliefs using selected, multi-interpretable, data in a very unsure fashion. Not exactly definitive research :)

Basically, you were going to "prove" what you wanted to prove and couched some random info accordingly, but not very convincingly IMO, to your pre-determined conclusions.

My original implication also suggested that I doubted you were going to shed any new light on the matter and it would be just another in an endless series of spins from both sides. And that's what happened to my view, no offense.

Bottom line, you think Ramsey's great and that you can "show" or "prove" it, and I consider it just another 50/50 speculation after watching him since he's arrived and looking over all the same events/data to date. I can use data to "prove" my point too, but it wouldn't really.

I've seen data wars and spins go back and forth for dozens of posts, being arugued over and over. But I won't do that; its been done here a thousand times before I got here, and since. And I don't think anyone's changed their mind once :laugh:

So on to other stuff :cheers: :point2sky

Oh you mean like all the critical 4th down catches he has made for us? All the amazing special teams plays he has made, on both sides of the ball? The fact that NO reciever other than moss has done anything these past couple years?

Thrash was a starting reciever on an NFC Championship team and had great years. Maybe its our 21st ranked passing game that has problems(21st even with Moss), ya think?

Think please.

Archived