Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Let's be honest here. The real reason your Rangers are having so much success is because of all the former Braves. Last week I counted at least 5 former Braves on your roster. And most of them are producing. :cool2:

We are having success because the Rangers made the Braves look like idiots in the Teixeira trade. Let's get in the time machine...

Braves get:

Teixeira and Ron Mahay (neither on the team anymore)

Rangers get:

Saltalamacchia (starting catcher)

Elvis Andrus (starting SS and AL ROY candidate at only 20 yrs old. He is a stud and has great defensive range)

Neftali Feliz (prized minor league flame thrower, and he will be in the majors this summer)

Matt Harrison (recently had back-to-back complete game wins)

Beau Jones (another minor league pitcher, don't know too much about him)

the fact is, the Braves got pwned in this trade. And it may go down as one of the best trades in Rangers history.

I hate both the Rangers and Blue Jays intensely but IMO I think the Rangers might have the better chance of reaching the playoffs than the Blue Jays.

Is that fatass Andruw Jones still seeing regular time for the Rangers? I remember when he hit a home run against the O's, I'm like "You're Andruw Jones, you shouldnt' be hitting home runs anymore fatty, you stink now" lol

Really? In the same division as the Red Sox and the Rays?

This is essentially the same Blue Jays team from years past. Made almost no improvements, get off to a good start, and suddenly people think they're "good". Crowned Roy Halladay AL Cy Young. Let's not even bother playing the rest of the season, let's just crown him the Cy Young right now. Forget that Grienke is having a great year...

The Blue Jays have been irrelevant since 1992, and it will likely stay that way. I said this somewhere else, the good thing is the AL East might actually be competitive instead of it being a foregone conclusion that either the Yanks or Red Sox will win it. Now it's the Yanks, Red Sox, Rays, and the above-average Blue Jays. Speaking of which who is in their rotation?

Halladay

Richmond

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Lol.

I bet you also said the Rays were a fraud, this time last year.

And I can understand why Halladay is getting love for the Cy. Why not? Its not like he hasn't put up great numbers for an entire season. Funny you mentioned Grienke. Its not like he has even ONE season that can compare with Halladay's. In both cases, let's just let it play all out.

We are having success because the Rangers made the Braves look like idiots in the Teixeira trade. Let's get in the time machine...

Braves get:

Teixeira and Ron Mahay (neither on the team anymore)

Rangers get:

Saltalamacchia (starting catcher)

Elvis Andrus (starting SS and AL ROY candidate at only 20 yrs old. He is a stud and has great defensive range)

Neftali Feliz (prized minor league flame thrower, and he will be in the majors this summer)

Matt Harrison (recently had back-to-back complete game wins)

Beau Jones (another minor league pitcher, don't know too much about him)

the fact is, the Braves got pwned in this trade. And it may go down as one of the best trades in Rangers history.

Yeah dude, that would go down as a terrible trade for us IF:

We didn't have a good SS of of our on, with Escobar.

Didn't have a catcher, who is about to appear in his 4th all star game

We didn't pwn the Tigers, in the Renteria for Jurrjens deal

We didn't have a young stud AAA pitcher like Tommy Hanson

I could go on and on, man. Again, yes you guys pwned us in that deal. But at the same time, its not like that deal crippled us. :D

I bet you also said the Rays were a fraud, this time last year.

And I can understand why Halladay is getting love for the Cy. Why not? Its not like he hasn't put up great numbers for an entire season. Funny you mentioned Grienke. Its not like he has even ONE season that can compare with Halladay's. In both cases, let's just let it play all out.

No I did not because the Rays made changes to their team. The Blue Jays didn't.

I've seen so many "good" teams fizzle and end up as a fraud. Example the Orioles in Palmeiro's last year. It happens.

Did you know Toronto has only one win against the big boys in the AL East? :hysterical:That's going to have to change if they want any type of playoff experiences.

I hate both the Rangers and Blue Jays intensely but IMO I think the Rangers might have the better chance of reaching the playoffs than the Blue Jays.

Is that fatass Andruw Jones still seeing regular time for the Rangers? I remember when he hit a home run against the O's, I'm like "You're Andruw Jones, you shouldnt' be hitting home runs anymore fatty, you stink now" lol

Andruw plays semi-regularly now. His average is .290 (only once has he had a better avg); .438 on base %, good for #1 on the team and by far a career high; more walks than strikeouts (never had more walks than K's in a season); slugging % of .565, also #1 on the team and 2nd highest of career. He is a lot more patient and doesn't swing at balls 20 feet away from him anymore.

Rudy Jaramillo is God. :cool:

Yeah dude, that would go down as a terrible trade for us IF:

We didn't have a good SS of of our on, with Escobar.

Didn't have a catcher, who is about to appear in his 4th all star game

We didn't pwn the Tigers, in the Renteria for Jurrjens deal

We didn't have a young stud AAA pitcher like Tommy Hanson

I could go on and on, man. Again, yes you guys pwned us in that deal. But at the same time, its not like that deal crippled us. :D

oh, and I'm glad it didn't. I'm on your side too! :D

I'm getting lazy. Bunch of books here I keep around but don't read. Heat by Bill Buford is a good example.

Did finish the Cowboys book by Pearlman though. That was a good book, ever since the Cowboys fired Johnson all the coaches other than Parcells lack discipline and that's why they haven't won a playoff game in over a decade lol

No I did not because the Rays made changes to their team. The Blue Jays didn't.

I've seen so many "good" teams fizzle and end up as a fraud. Example the Orioles in Palmeiro's last year. It happens.

Did you know Toronto has only one win against the big boys in the AL East? :hysterical:That's going to have to change if they want any type of playoff experiences.

They said today that the Jays had yet to really play many of the other AL East teams. So it shouldn't come as a suprise that they don't have many wins against them , no.

I'm getting lazy. Bunch of books here I keep around but don't read. Heat by Bill Buford is a good example.

Did finish the Cowboys book by Pearlman though. That was a good book, ever since the Cowboys fired Johnson all the coaches other than Parcells lack discipline and that's why they haven't won a playoff game in over a decade lol

Did you also notice how Pearlman acknowledges his editors at the end of the book, when the editing was probably the worst I have EVER seen? LOL

Did you also notice how Pearlman acknowledges his editors at the end of the book, when the editing was probably the worst I have EVER seen? LOL

No. You told me that before and then I did see a few errors like "AIMAN" but they weren't that prevalent.

That book had so many funny stories...I bet you have access to the Cowboys White House

;)

No. You told me that before and then I did see a few errors like "AIMAN" but they weren't that prevalent.

That book had so many funny stories...I bet you have access to the Cowboys White House

;)

I actually live just down the road from the White House, as it is about 150 yards from the practice facility, or what used to be the facility...

Archived