Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Switching my major from Electrical Engineering to Computer Science was one of the best decisions I ever made. At this time last year I would have been stressing like crazy about finals, but right now I am as cool and cool can be. :cool:

BOOOOOO!!!! Man up.

Honestly, I do wish I still had the passion to do Engineering. The money in the field is great and it's a wonderful field to be in. But I just couldn't see myself doing that for the rest of my life.

Just bustin on ya, I've seen so many people quit EE it's ridiculous. I imagine it must have one of the highest drop out rates of any curriculum.

Just bustin on ya, I've seen so many people quit EE it's ridiculous. I imagine it must have one of the highest drop out rates of any curriculum.

I stayed in it alot longer than most. It wasn't even that the curriculum was hard, I mean my grades were steady. Not great by any means, but I had a B average. But the stress and work load makes you want to kill yourself. If my kid ever says that he wants to study Engineering I will make sure that he is completely sure about it. Cause honestly, it is not a field for everyone. The amount of discipline and dedication it takes is insane.

I stayed in it alot longer than most. It wasn't even that the curriculum was hard, I mean my grades were steady. Not great by any means, but I had a B average. But the stress and work load makes you want to kill yourself. If my kid ever says that he wants to study Engineering I will make sure that he is completely sure about it. Cause honestly, it is not a field for everyone. The amount of discipline and dedication it takes is insane.

Yeah I basically had no social life throughout my last 2 years of school. It sucked. Especially since I only ended with like a 2.9 GPA and most large companies won't look at you unless you are 3.0+. So right now I'm working for a smaller company, I wouldn't say it's my dream job, but there are parts of my job that I love and parts that I dread doing every week. I do get to work on some really cool projects though.

Oh yeah to top it off, my official title is mechanical engineer lol.

Well we all know who's going to win the French Open. We were all talking about this in the game thread chat during the Caps game yesterday, Nadal owns clay. I thought Federer was starting to lose a little of his game, I heard he had been losing in some of the minor tournaments, but I'm not a hardcore tennis follower so I could have misremembered what the media told me. Anyways, there's no doubt that Nadal is the best and I wouldn't be surprised if he won both majors. He is the best.

What we need is another Nadal - Federer matchup. Although my biggest concern with tennis is the lack of American male talent (Roddick is the closest to talent and he keeps getting bounced). So although I will be keeping an eye on tennis the next couple of months there are more pressing matters such as interleague and hockey playoffs and ****

Yeah I basically had no social life throughout my last 2 years of school. It sucked. Especially since I only ended with like a 2.9 GPA and most large companies won't look at you unless you are 3.0+. So right now I'm working for a smaller company, I wouldn't say it's my dream job, but there are parts of my job that I love and parts that I dread doing every week. I do get to work on some really cool projects though.

Might as well keep it simple and say that engineering sucks, and most of the people I knew who were engineers including myself left the program. I think I know of one person who stayed, and I'm not even sure, I haven't spoken to him in years.

Family history of electrical engineering,so I thought I'd explore the possibility at the tail end of my first year of college. Engineering professor and I played softball together and we talked about it. Okay,so he talked me out of it. So I tried accounting. :doh: Swing and miss.

Archived