Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

why?

what's up?

Just had a good night. And you'll be proud of me - I talked on the phone for half an hour!!!!! :silly:

She's realized she's going to finally get to meet Mark The Homer at the DDP in ten short days. :)

And I better get a good burger!!!!

the black or white one? :silly:

:hysterical:

Stressing like CRAZY today! I just might need to change careers in order for my family to live comfortably. It isn't like I can get a second job because I already work near 60 hours a week. A second job with 15-20 hours would not do too much financially unless it was under the table type pay plus that would be an absolute killer! I used to work 90 hours a week for over a year and I was dead to the world. I don't have a degree which makes 'switching careers' not so easy.

I currently work in RTO collections for Aarons. I'm really good at what I do and instead of being "the ******* behind the phone asking for money" like most collection guys are, my customers like dealing with me. I have hit almost all of my bonuses the past couple of months (though tax season has helped in that regard). The salary is virtually uncapped. However, the hours just suck.

I have interviewed for 2 GM positions ($40k starting plus bonuses. The highest salary that I have seen a GM get is $120k plus bonuses) and the Regional staff thinks I have what it takes to run one of their stores. I just couldn't take the offer past the interview stage because the stores were in upstate PA. However, there is no say when the next offer can arrise. Could be tomorrow, more than likely won't be for quite a while.

I could be stuck doing what I am doing for a while longer. Or I could get an offer in a month or so. I don't know if it would be worth the struggle initially in hopes that a GM position opens up soon. Or should I look for a different career. One with better hours in which I can get that second job for a better income?

I am young so 'starting over' isn't that difficult (save being college-less).

I am leaning towards starting over with a different job(s). I just don't want to make a rash decision with the job market the way it is. However, I need to decide on something soon because I don't have a lot of time to make the decision.

I REALLY think I just need to get the **** out of New Jersey and move south. :tantrum:

Archived